Are Taimi and Gorrik a couple now?

Rensis.1034

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Rytlock and Logan are bros doing bro things drinking broskies by the bro fire.

That and in Dragonfall they pretty much tell Gwen that they are brothers.

They even quarrel like siblings in the Destiny's Edge drama annoyance we witness during the core campaign. Like 11-year old siblings, that is ("You stole my toy soldier!"- "You stole my toy pony first!"). 🙉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

I wish, I'm getting tired of kas and maj relationship drama.

I don't get it when people say this. Their "drama" is like two lines of dialogue over the past 5 years that have implied possible unrest. People act like their apparent issues have beaten us over the head like Braham's endless foolishness or something.

I'm tired of them not getting screen time together to even confirm they have some kind of rift in their relationship. I'm hoping we'll get to see both characters explored and developed as individuals and as a couple, even if that means they break up or stay together.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Zola.6197 said:

I don't get it when people say this. Their "drama" is like two lines of dialogue over the past 5 years that have implied possible unrest. People act like their apparent issues have beaten us over the head like Braham's endless foolishness or something.

I'm tired of them not getting screen time together to even confirm they have some kind of rift in their relationship. I'm hoping we'll get to see both characters explored and developed as individuals and as a couple, even if that means they break up or stay together.

EoD should just end with them getting a big ceremony and a ride off into the sunset for some R&R.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Rytlock and Logan are bros doing bro things drinking broskies by the bro fire.

That and in Dragonfall they pretty much tell Gwen that they are brothers.

Logan's yet to make it to the fatherhood stage, so Rytlock's got that over him in multitudes. Maybe Mordremoth had the right idea.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054

5 hours ago, Zola.6197 said:

I don't get it when people say this. Their "drama" is like two lines of dialogue over the past 5 years that have implied possible unrest.

If that was the case, no one would be complaining. 😉

Your perception is inaccurate. There have been tons of dialogue across all seasons. My favorite example is the hurt exchange in LWS3, in the story mission before the Balthazar reveal: while we are flying around in the lab collecting mirrors, they are having a discussion along the lines of "Why did you go on a dangerous solo mission without informing me?!" - "You're not my mother!" (no, those are not actual quotes, just a satirical summary)

Edit: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Taimi's_Pet_Project (see below)

Personal conversation between Marjory and Kasmeer:

Marjory Delaqua: How've you been? I heard you missed the fun in Divinity's Reach...
Lady Kasmeer Meade: The countess had me observing interrogations, ministers and White Mantle, detecting lies.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: So...Camp Lazarus. Did you find what you were looking for?
Marjory Delaqua: We made friendship bracelets!
Lady Kasmeer Meade: You'll note I'm not laughing.
Marjory Delaqua: Is that because it was a bad joke, or... Okay, I... I wasn't looking for anything in particular... I just—
Lady Kasmeer Meade: Next time maybe consult your girlfriend before throwing yourself in the lion's den.
Marjory Delaqua: The commander tried to stop me too. Didn't work out so well.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: This isn't about permission. You're your own person. But you're also on a team.
Marjory Delaqua: Dragon's Watch got along just fine without me.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: I was talking about the team you and I are on.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: Maybe I would have gone with you, maybe I would have stayed. But I never got to make that choice.
Marjory Delaqua: Look, I get it, but an opportunity like that... You don't just say "hold on a second" and write a mail.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: Taimi has communicators.
Marjory Delaqua: You know what I mean.
Lady Kasmeer Meade: (sigh) I'm glad you're back, though.
Marjory Delaqua: Me too.
Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Your perception is inaccurate. There have been tons of dialogue across all seasons. My favorite example is the hurt exchange in LWS3, in the story mission before the Balthazar reveal: while we are flying around in the lab collecting mirrors, they are having a discussion along the lines of "Why did you go on a dangerous solo mission without informing me?!" - "You're not my mother!" (no, those are not actual quotes, just a satirical summary)

Don't forget Marjory blaming Kasmeer for choking at the end when the bad guy turns out to be one of her gods.

But that instance is something like 80% of it. They're separated during Path of Fire, but most of Kasmeer's angst there is Balthazar-related rather than Marjory-related. They apparently reconcile during the epilogue, and spend season 4 offscreen as a pair. We don't see them as a pair during Icebrood Saga except for the conversation in the Black Citadel right at the start of Bound By Blood, but there doesn't seem to be lasting friction there, and them not appearing as a pair during the rest of the saga seems to be due to doing different things rather than actually avoiding one another.

If anything, I think the perception is continuing because we've only seen them directly interacting with each other onscreen twice since Season 3 and neither of those instances were high-impact, so what most players remember is the fight. I suspect they were intended to have more screentime in IBS until it was truncated. EoD might actually be the opportunity to really see how they behave post-reconciliation again.

PS: Mind you, I think it is to be expected that their relationship is going to have some... rebalancing. Prior to Season 3, Marjory was pretty clearly the superior in their relationship, with Kasmeer essentially being her... I'll be generous and say "junior partner in the business" rather than "employee". Now, Kasmeer is (back) to being her social superior and has her own duties as an agent and representative of the queen. So one way or another, it's certainly not going to be the same relationship.

Edited by draxynnic.3719

10 hours ago, Zola.6197 said:

Yeah, their relationship is weird, are they together or not? Why the hell are they fighting? And God kitten braham being a foolish kid. 

This is what happens when you get stuck with B teams, the personal story team was way mature, but this one is more fun. 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

My perception is accurate. Most people who complain about their barely touched upon issues use it as a straw man argument because they don’t like the fact they’re lesbians.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

It's a good thing the crew knows and approves of Gorrik.  Can you imagine courting Taimi with "Uncles" Rytlock, Braham, and Canach watching over her?  Any one of 'em would cheerfully gut you if they felt you'd wronged her.  

think the Commander might give you a chance to explain...maybe.

Edited by galen ubal.2807
add quote marks
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, galen ubal.2807 said:

It's a good thing the crew knows and approves of Gorrik.  Can you imagine courting Taimi with "Uncles" Rytlock, Braham, and Canach watching over her?  Any one of 'em would cheerfully gut you if they felt you'd wronged her.  

think the Commander might give you a chance to explain...maybe.

Ten Rules For Dating My Adopted Prodigy.

• Haha 3