Wasnt Revenant supposed to have been the most Mobile in Combat class?

Ausar.9542

13 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

Wasnt Revenant supposed to have been the most Mobile in Combat class? So what happened to that? Because I feel Ranger and Thief do a better job than that now. 

If you're talking PvP, it's right behind Thief, for good reasons though. Revenant can take a lot of direct punishment so that had to be balanced somehow. Ranger is on the other hand always the same anomaly that's been struggling to be balanced, pets are still not completely balanced and it's funny to hear that some don't need changes, I could say the same for Core Elementalist or Warrior that some skills didn't need to be changed, what told Anet that Ranger stunbreaks skills didn't have to be changed is beyond me, it's still one of the profession that's the hardest to catch because CD's are so low and rotation so easy.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

As someone who paid very close attention to all things Rev before HoT launched, I don’t recall a single time where any of the devs or press releases stated that Rev would be the “most mobile class.”  Not sure where you got that idea 

https://mmohuts.com/news/guild-wars-2-reveals-new-revenant-legend-shiro-tagachi/

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Ausar.9542 said:

Well, it says "high mobility" and that Shiro "gives more mobility" but nobody claimed it's going to be "the highest mobility".
And Rev has crazy high mobility nonetheless.

23 hours ago, Ausar.9542 said:

(...) Thief do a better job than that now. 

I hope so.. the only thing that's keeping thief alive is its above-average OOC mobility.
In combat mobility may be a little bit better on thief compared to rev, true, but their fighting capabilities are a lot worse in both duels as well as team fights.

Edited by DoomNexus.5324
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2022 at 12:01 AM, Ausar.9542 said:

Those were the times in which Impossible Odds provided quickness and Phase Traversal energy cost was 20, not 35, and didn't have a 5 seconds cooldown.

Even then Revenant wasn't as mobile as Thief, Ranger or Warrior, and their two last specs are slow paced at moving and lack any kind of blink/teleport (albeit Vindicator has a couple of mid ranged gap closers).

Sometimes Rev has been showcased as a "mix between Warrior and Thief", but in reality they are more a mixe between an Engineer and a Warrior: a mid HP class with a legend kit instead of a belt kit.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 6:01 PM, Ausar.9542 said:

Those 2 articles are referring to the legend, not the class. Shiro is more mobile than the rest of the legends, not the rest of the classes. Nothing in either of those mentions being a more mobile class.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

No, Warrior was supposed to be. 
Revenant, or more specifically the Legend/Subclass of Shiro is what made Revenant mobile, so they were more like a very tanky Thief. 

In fact, the entire sPvP early period of Revenant's existence is just a comparison between Power Herald and Power Thief being the best +1 rotation class.

On 2/19/2022 at 7:00 PM, Buran.3796 said:

Those were the times in which Impossible Odds provided quickness and Phase Traversal energy cost was 20, not 35, and didn't have a 5 seconds cooldown.

Even then Revenant wasn't as mobile as Thief

True. But thief then was also a lot more mobile in general. sb#5 alone for example is essentiall 77.78% more expensive than it used to be, since it had a range of 1200 at only 6 ini vs 900 range at 8 ini now.

Like.. to travel the same 3600 units of distance you now need 4 casts at 8 ini (32 in total) whereas then only needed 3 casts at 6 (in total 18). With no increase of available initiative.
Man.. I really wish we had a legacy mode for Custom Arenas where for the entire match all skills would be like at a selected patch :(
I miss the old days where a good backstab crit could oneshot a soft target and the high mobility in general.

Edited by DoomNexus.5324
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 5:04 AM, DoomNexus.5324 said:

True. But thief then was also a lot more mobile in general. sb#5 alone for example is essentiall 77.78% more expensive than it used to be, since it had a range of 1200 at only 6 ini vs 900 range at 8 ini now.

Like.. to travel the same 3600 units of distance you now need 4 casts at 8 ini (32 in total) whereas then only needed 3 casts at 6 (in total 18). With no increase of available initiative.
Man.. I really wish we had a legacy mode for Custom Arenas where for the entire match all skills would be like at a selected patch 😞
I miss the old days where a good backstab crit could oneshot a soft target and the high mobility in general.

Infiltrator's Arrow - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

SB 5 has never been 1200 range at least not in the live game.