EOD first cut scenes, Voiceover cutting out. [Merged]

For me only one half of a line at the beginning was missing - if you are talking about the cutscene that appears right after starting the EoD story from the button in the story journal.

My guess (since I hadn't fully waited for the download to finish but started after it was "playable" but already progressed a bit further after that point in the launcher):

"Playable" doesn't need the voice over. (Considers subtitles enough and therefore also doesn't make you wait while ingame ... and just directly starts the cutscene without trying to download more first.)

Edited by Luthan.5236

On the audio settings tab there's a slider for audio quality - "Fastest" being one extreme and "Highest Quality" being the other. This does affect dialogue, and if it's all the way on "fastest" you'll miss pieces all over the place, including cut scenes and quest dialogue. I don't know if that's intentional or oversight but if you want to always hear all the quest and cut scene dialogue that slider has to be all the way over to "highest quality".

Personally I think it's a design oversight for the slider to cut out quest and cutscene dialogue but if the systems don't allow for them to be separated or controlled by their own setting then it is what it is.

48 minutes ago, hoagie.3724 said:

Not the problem in this case as my slider is set to Highest Quality.

Yeah, there is definitely a bug - I didn't experience it (my audio cut out during one scene and I remembered to flip my slider over - no more issues for me), but my partner did on their play through & they had already made sure their audio was enabled to highest quality.

Hey guys, just to let everyone know, this is a bug related to 7.1 surround sound, in my case, I have a hyperx cloud stinger and I just deactivated the 7.1 mode on the Ngenuity software and everything works fine.
I remember having this bug playing forza horizon 4 and 5.

Currently on "Fallout" and I've been noticing that the dialogue doesn't always play/ can be heard.

In the first couple chapters "Convergence" & "Old Friends"  I noticed with the 2nd half of sentences the audio cut out.

Even after logging completely out of the game and back in, doesn't fix this. It's another minor issue to take a look at.

• Forum Moderator.3074 changed the title to EOD first cut scenes, Voiceover cutting out. [Merged]

Been happening to me since day one of the xpac. I've tried changing the audio settings but nothing fixes it. I've had to swing my camera around to hear NPCs that are present - have to angle it in front of them. If they are speaking over the "com" like in the story they are barely heard or not at all. At times I've missed whole segments of dialogue because I was busy moving around or distracted by events so I can't stop to read or discern what's being said.

I'm at a loss. Am very disappointed.