And all the hope I had for Post-Launch untamed...Poof! Gone.

MagicalLeaf.1307

First the pets. 

Buggy, clunky messes. Wallow works okay I really don't know what to say, it's just , Phoenix's abilities just blast into the ground, Siege turtle misses 80% of shots, and it's unbelievably infuriating having a ranged pet, which then needs to waddle all the way to the enemy to use it's slam abilities and the white tiger is just, yk, the normal tiger with jaguar shadow step which is so clunky and pretty ugly and also misses every single time. 

Now let's see the actual untamed espec.

No damage, barely any survivability, stuns are so annoying to pull off, still no autocast for pet abilities making it feel worse to play keyboard layout wise then Engineer. 

Genuinely don't understand how even after all the criticism of the last beta test, literally nothing was changed. 

This has just truly solidified my choice to just move on from ranger. Another like 1000 hours of Soulbeast really doesn't sound fun anymore. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

The white tiger shadow step is not actually a shadow step but a bounce thing. Doesn't do any damage and it returns to your position which feels extremely weird. 

Definitely Anet missed the mark with ranger in this expansion. Just thinking into doing the scavenger hunt for the pets discourages me to keep playing. 
And not the story is still the same quality as always. 

Even the steamers playing usually ranger has chosen to play other classes like mechanist. That should give you a good idea. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 3

So... You may like or not the Untamed but...

Not survibability? Really? Restoring HP in form of 10% of your damage isn't survibability? And with a healing that if you are going to die, heals half of your entire HP, right after preventing you to die for 3 seconds? Not to mention the elite, which is 100% going to be nerfed in competitive, you've read here first.

No damage? Seriously? Of course you don't have the merged stats, but having less ferocity than Soulbeast doesn't mean it has no damage. In fact, I wonder what are these 15k of damage in less than a second, not counting Hammer Strike, when according to the subforum Untamed deals no damage.

https://imgur.com/58Ghjt7

I still prefer Soulbeast but this take on Untamed is simply false.

Edited by Telgum.6071
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

Just had to dump hammer and my dps went down a bit in return for being unable to die.

I feel like Soulbeast completly warped everyones expectations of damage output.

slb has comparable dmg to all other specs. a bit lower actually. maybe untamed is just bad?

48 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

slb has comparable dmg to all other specs. a bit lower actually. maybe untamed is just bad?

Soulbeast has an absurd amount of +% Strike Damage modifier and extra stats to even remotely work as a power dps because ranger weapons still have bad weapon coefficients. Pets are factored  in for weapons damage and we will never get another power spec until this is changed.

Condi core ranger was one of the best DPS at a point in raids but power ranger was never played.

Edited by Miellyn.6847
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Miellyn.6847 said:

OSoulbeast has an absurd amount of +% Strike Damage modifier and extra stats to even remotely work as a power dps because ranger weapons still have bad weapon coefficients. Pets are factored  in for weapons damage and we will never get another power spec until this is changed. There is a reason why condi ranger was a thing in raids and power ranger not....

I know. this was a response to someone who claimed slb to be too strong. its just that core ranger is just bad. it requires a ridiculous amounts of mods to be somewhat decent. slb offers 3 high mods ON TOP of applying all bm mods to the ranger itself.

Any ranger pet spec would require massive pet buffs to be usuable. upwards of 10k. or they could buff core ranger and nerf slb.

Absolutely loving Untamed so far. Hated it in the betas, and here we are. Hammer feels way better than in the betas. Obviously this is all from the perspective of open world roaming as we don't have access to practical dps numbers. But built with marksmanship/beast mastery, opening strike and toggling in and out to refresh opening strike with hammer stuns and then swapping stance to capitalise on the opening strike with hammer 2 (+damage on stunned opponents!) makes for some very fun moment to moment gameplay.

I really like having full control of my pet, but I wish that "full" control included the option to have a pet autocast, as you said.  I'd like to keep the general "dps use on cooldown" abilities on autocast and have access to a stun or whatever utility when I need it.  It's quite difficult to fit everything on the keyboard but with modifiers I'm making it work. 

The cooldown reduction trait is actually bonkers and incredibly satisfying in open world, I have pretty much no downtime at all going from one mob to the next, especially with the new teleport.  The cooldown reduction on the "you can't die" heal is awesome too, I am pretty much just taking on a lot of mobs at once and popping ult for survivability, stunning everything to bits and cleaving to get the elite skill cooldown down to 0 before it's even over. Very pleasantly surprised after my concerns pre-launch.

Edited by Zivhayr.3658
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Miellyn.6847 said:

Condi Untamned could be a thing. The stacking damage trait just says damage in the tool tip, so it's all damage not just strike damage. But condi builds kinda suck in open world.

Unless explicity says so like in the soulbeast traits it is only strike damage. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Levetty.1279 said:

I do find it funny that when choosing specs for the hammer 2 out of the 3 stat choices are condi focused.

I can never tell if these things happen because they simply don't care and just plop in whatever or they just send in Intern Amy who started last week and doesn't even know how the game's mechanics work

18 minutes ago, Substance E.4852 said:

I can never tell if these things happen because they simply don't care and just plop in whatever or they just send in Intern Amy who started last week and doesn't even know how the game's mechanics work

It could be also possible some master genius theory crafter in the company thinks you can build untamed as condi spec with a power weapon and not access what-so-ever to condi in the trait lines or skills.

Like seriously i would love Anet to stop trolling with the ranger, it's being 9 years already. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

It could be also possible some master genius theory crafter in the company thinks you can build untamed as condi spec with a power weapon and not access what-so-ever to condi in the trait lines or skills.

Like seriously i would love Anet to stop trolling with the ranger, it's being 9 years already. 

LOL. That's mostly what I was doing because of how silly it is. For real, though, I'm not playing it seriously, just for meming while doing story.

Edited by Krispera.5087

20 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I kidd you not i would whole honestly try condi hammer if they would slap poison onto the adept interrupt trait instead of vuln.

I will run condi untamed eitherway. But without the hammer. Time to unpack my old dusty traps that i havent touched for a while. But until i reforged my whole gear i will keep my SLB build going just because i really do not like Power Untamed.

Edit: i tried power untamed. Its not that bad, although hammer still feels really weird that it constantly switches over. I rather have one hammer form and two weapon sets or just one weaponset that transforms into two forms.

Anything else feels ok and performs decently with good AoE damage and Cc.

Edited by InsaneQR.7412
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've not had a ton of issues with my untamed as of yet.  I'm only halfway through the storyline and have never been one to crunch damage put.  I'm using the pet to absorb the damage then use there unleashed skills.  

I'm using longbow and pelting with barrage and rapid fire.  When I see a large break bar I'm swapping out to hammer unleashing to me and using the rotation of skills. 

I've also used as utility the spores, teleport and then lightening reflex's to get out of dodge.  It's not been to bad.  

Have not used any new pet except for phoenix and it's been a good absorb wall.  I'm not seeing alot of micro managing and seems better than the beta.  I'm kinda digging it better than slb to be honest as I enjoy my pet doing stuff other than distract and absorb.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I play untamed with 1 pet, always in untame pet mode and just hammer. Using traps and fervent force for cooldown reduction. Activating traps all the time, pushing F1, F2, F3 all the time and hit with hammer on reloading traps. So many aoe condi damage and interruption and easy to play ... it's like a facerolling elementalist 😜

Edited by Aleksander Suburb.4287
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2