PoF specs are still obscenely overpowered

Shiyo.3578

Most of the selfish DPS give themselves perma 25 might, some perma fury, some ton of self quickness.

EoD support specs are pointless outside organized instanced content due to this.  They WILL be very underplayed. Please nerf PoF specs self boons.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Agreed, Firebrand gets + 15 new skills, all buffs (including quickness, which is one of the most valuable), super dps either power or condi, great survivability and whatnot. Scourge can literally facetank the entire game, no questions asked. Mirage has one of the coolect mechanics ever. I main Renegade and I know it is definitely overpowered. 

Whereas new specs get just a piece of that, with subpar damage, boons that literally anyone can provide, and it just feels so disheartening, reused animations, no interesting mechanics or fantasies. POF Specs need tradeoffs. (Particularly, Firebrand should have lost its weapon swap ability long time ago. They have as many skills as an engineer or elementalist. If Bladesworn lost its weapon swap, Firebrand should too)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

I agree, make sure all elite specs have tradeoffs. In an ideal world, I'd like to see all professions have viable Core builds when stacked up against elites as well, for the people who don't have the expansions. Right now I'm digging Mechanist though, very enjoyable.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

Nerfing specs that have fun mechanics and perform well won't magically make me jump in the wagon of a spec that is not fun even if they enhance their performances.

Some of the new specs not only have to deal with problems of lack of performance and/or lack of imaginative new mechanics, but also with massive tradeoffs: play a Guardian without virtues, a Warrior without weapon swap, a Revenant with a single evade (which costs x2 endurance), a Mesmer without clones, etc...  I guess ANet is currently brainstorming a Thief without stealth and steal for the next expansion... 

• Like 5

Yeah but you're talking about a different problem than what is being suggested here (or at least by me.)

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. Engineer is generally known for kits and toolbelt skills. The Mechanist removes toolbelt skills, and a lot of people are (justifiably) annoyed about that, because the Engineer utility skills are basically balanced around having the toolbelt skills. They're weaker without them. Scrapper and Holosmith give up just the elite toolbelt skill, which honestly I don't even remember what they are for the Core elites because I haven't played Core in so long.

It would make more sense, to me, to balance all of the Engineer utilities around not having toolbelt skills. Then make the toolbelt skills Core-only. Then balance Scrapper, Holosmith, and Mechanist around not having them (maybe give them specific elite-only toolbelt skills that are weaker, but at least allow them to work with the Tools trait line.) So now toolbelt skills are a Core Engineer thing, and a reason to play Core engineer over the elite specs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 3/1/2022 at 3:36 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

Most of the selfish DPS give themselves perma 25 might, some perma fury, some ton of self quickness.

EoD support specs are pointless outside organized instanced content due to this.  They WILL be very underplayed. Please nerf PoF specs self boons.

Still curious about your motivation. Just like your other thread.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Still curious about your motivation. Just like your other thread.

Well either EoD speccs are raised uptoo PoFs standard or PoFs are dropped to EoDs. Otherwise the balance of the game will never get better. 

Power creep is harmful to the game, and many don't want more power creep. 

If someone can't have fun without being overpowered in the content, they likely aren't liking what they're actually doing but just wanting the results. 

Won't say either side are wrong, when a change in direction happens u will have opinons on both sides of the fence, but obviously the OP aligns with EoD speccs being the balance bar which means they want the power creep reverted. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 3/1/2022 at 9:36 PM, Shiyo.3578 said:

I ll save my time and just write it down:
Imo instead of ripping out the boons of pof specs, maybe give eod e specs also some?

Dps holo has might only as condi and as power u have might and fury, both not perma. Also a bit swiftness.
Exactly the same way with power weaver. Condi weaver has not a single boon tho.
Firebrand is simply overloaded with boons.
Scourge doesnt have that many too.
Soulbeast has nonperma quickness, fury and might. I think thats it.
Deadeye has nonperma quickness OR might, fury...some other defensive stuff. But to be fair it also needs them bc its not good for solo.
Spellbreaker got not even a proper dps build in pve but it has a bit stability and might and fury.
Mirage got depends on weapon. Not that many with full dps and alac/might with staff but that already counts as their support build.
Renegade got alac (but normally unused as full dps) and fury and might and vigor.

You see most of them have might, fury and maybe 1 defensive boon and thats not perma.

But current Eod e specs simply have close to no boons with full dps builds.
Example: My mechanist build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAkqlxy6YcMYWMOWL5xaA-zRRYfBBbGNcPA-e
I did leave sigils and runes away bc they have no boons anyway. So thats my build. Thats halfbaked regen and halfbaked vigor. 0 offensive boons.
That said, they r on mace. The meta build even uses pistol, so that would be 0 boons. Not a single boon at all.
Ofc there is a boon support build for mechanist, but you said "most of the selfish dps".
However Virtuoso for example only has 1 boon in their dps build, fury (and minimal might and swiftness from core).

So my opinion: pof e specs r not overloaded with boons, Eod e specs r just underloaded with boons in their dps builds.

Well, there are already some EoD espec builds showing up for testing on Metabattle that say they maintain capped might and fury, and one that says it does a good amount of self-heal.

So you can put your worries to rest, and end your crusade to nerf PoF builds.

Edited by Gibson.4036
Though I'm not holding my breath on that. :D

Weird take man. Why would EoD Support specs have a point outside of organized instanced content? What is the motivation for someone to play a support spec in an environment where they are likely doing LOTS of solo content? 🤔I mean, if I'm just running around doing OW content and I get a random buff from a support build ... it's nice ... but I shouldn't expect that to happen. Therefore, using 'support builds are pointless outside of instanced group content' is a pretty nonsensical justification to nerf self-boons here because no one in OW expects anyone to use those builds to support them. 

I get the feeling that either 1) you have some OTHER issue you aren't telling us for wanting self-boon nerfs or 2) you simply don't understand what you are asking for. 

Now, here is some hope for you ... Anet just HARD nerfed the worst offending sustain traits. Personally, I predict the same will happen with the worst offending offensive traits/skills soon. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Exactly the same way with power weaver. Condi weaver has not a single boon tho.

You have 25 might on weaver, take the might while in fire attunement trait. Fields + fire auras + that = endless might.

Edited by Shiyo.3578

On 3/3/2022 at 9:10 AM, SeTect.5918 said:

Imo instead of ripping out the boons of pof specs, maybe give eod e specs also some?

The reason this is bad is because the game is clearly not balanced around PoF specs and they have made the entire game a joke for 3+ yrs now in every PvE game mode

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

You have 25 might on weaver, take the might while in fire attunement trait. Fields + fire auras + that = endless might.

U said urself that u mean selfish dps builds. Pyromancer's Puissance normally isnt used in dps builds actually. 

Without it u wont reach perma 25

Edited by SeTect.5918

1 hour ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

The reason this is bad is because the game is clearly not balanced around PoF specs and they have n ade the entire game a joke for 3+ yrs now in every PvE game mode

Hot specs give almost the same boons as pof specs. 

You are saying this game isnt balanced around pof specs. What stops me telling u that the game also isnt balanced around eod specs?

The reason why most pve game modes became a joke Was the overall power creep, not pof power creep. With the changes that all 10 target support become 5 target, it changed a lot already. Same for sustain nerfs. Most pof specs are not overperforming compared to hot specs. 

Most pof e specs have limited might, fury and maybe 1 other boon. Why ripping it away? Do u want boons to only get provided by supports and that u cant provide them to urself anymore or what? 

You said that most selfish pof dps specs give themselves perma 25 might, perma fury and some Ton of quickness. 

There r 9 pof specs so most = 5 or more

Could u tell me which? 

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 2