DO NOT nerf Dragon's End meta.

On 3/7/2022 at 1:17 PM, Wintermute.5408 said:

People are actually searching for roles. For an open-world meta. I'm just sitting here waiting for LI requirements to pop up.

Keeep this kitten to raids, anet. There's a reason they are dead content.

I've seen it a few times, and it's kittening sad when a group have such demands! 
They should go back to their raids and never come back.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

Anet, I think it’s time!

the meta must be nerfed again 😞 

Honestly, after getting my turtle I never stepped back again because it’s too overpowered for your regular open world player (you guys can’t change the rules you made for 10 years in 1 meta). Open world metas should be fun, easy and accessible to all. This is not.

Another aspect is the reward system, I don’t feel I’m getting my money vs time from this. Plus it is a HUGE let down to invest 2 hours just to wipe. 

• Like 8

Dragons End is fine as it is, people is getting better at it once there is competent commanders to lead things.

Imho, I think openworld pve in the game have been too easy for too many years and conditioning people to play rather badly and still succeeding.

Edited by LucianDK.8615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 10

2 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Dragons End is fine as it is, people is getting better at it once there is competent commanders to lead things.

Imho, I think openworld pve in the game have been too easy for too many years and conditioning people to play rather badly and still succeeding.

There are no incentives for a strong public commander infrastructure and no proper tools to construct it. 

The problem really isn't that players are intentionally playing badly but the large amount of newbie traps and exponential reward to min maxing through multiplicative modifiers. To an experienced player 15k dps are trivial to get and easy to execute. You can make literal afk builds where you don't need to press anything to reach that.

To an inexperienced player without third party websites or addons or anything of the sorts it's extremely hard to ever reach it. 

It's really not that the content has been too easy. Which is a very elitist point to make. What you're really saying here is "git gud or git out". A point that should never be made. Everyones enjoyment depends on as many people having a good experience as possible. The point should be "check out this part of the game first and then come back to enjoy it with us!". Which is not possible. You need hours worth of out of game guides and build preparation to become effective.

It's that there isn't a good progression path from easy to challenging. Not the right tools, significant paywalls that deter experimentation and a generally non welcoming atmosphere when trying to branch out. Non welcoming in game that is. The community overall is very friendly and welcoming. But there is very little activity or even possibility when it comes to mentoring or helping players proactively and publicly. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Erise.5614 said:

There are no incentives for a strong public commander infrastructure and no proper tools to construct it. 

The problem really isn't that players are intentionally playing badly but the large amount of newbie traps and exponential reward to min maxing through multiplicative modifiers. To an experienced player 15k dps are trivial to get and easy to execute. You can make literal afk builds where you don't need to press anything to reach that.

To an inexperienced player without third party websites or addons or anything of the sorts it's extremely hard to ever reach it. 

It's really not that the content has been too easy. Which is a very elitist point to make. What you're really saying here is "git gud or git out". A point that should never be made. Everyones enjoyment depends on as many people having a good experience as possible. The point should be "check out this part of the game first and then come back to enjoy it with us!". Which is not possible. You need hours worth of out of game guides and build preparation to become effective.

It's that there isn't a good progression path from easy to challenging. Not the right tools, significant paywalls that deter experimentation and a generally non welcoming atmosphere when trying to branch out. Non welcoming in game that is. The community overall is very friendly and welcoming. But there is very little activity or even possibility when it comes to mentoring or helping players proactively and publicly. 

There is absolutely nothing elitist in requiring more than a token effort from people. Elsewise they will never learn if all they know is easy mode.

My personal pet peeve is simple: Pay attention to chat. So many does not do it.

Edited by LucianDK.8615
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

There is absolutely nothing elitist in requiring more than a token effort from people. Elsewise they will never learn if all they know is easy mode.

GW2 is not lacking more challenging content. It exists. Has existed since the start. And a majority of players has been actively avoiding it ever since dungeons and through every single iteration. From fractals over raids through strikes. The rewards have been significantly better than most of the things you can do in the open world and most of those players don't even attempt to optimize their playtime. 

You're arguing not in favor of the community, of improving the game or even just securing its existence into the future. You're arguing that more people should be excluded from content.

GW2 very evidently does not have good enough player feedback and tutorials to make people just learn it. 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

GW2 is not lacking more challenging content. It exists. Has existed since the start. And a majority of players has been actively avoiding it ever since dungeons and through every single iteration. From fractals over raids through strikes. The rewards have been significantly better than most of the things you can do in the open world and most of those players don't even attempt to optimize their playtime. 

You're arguing not in favor of the community, of improving the game or even just securing its existence into the future. You're arguing that more people should be excluded from content.

GW2 very evidently does not have good enough player feedback and tutorials to make people just learn it. 

Simple really, get in with a group running DE regularilly and learning the means really. You have 5 guilds you can join at once. That is encouraging of community instead of just an online singleplayer game.

• Confused 2

Just now, LucianDK.8615 said:

Simple really, get in with a group running DE regularilly and learning the means really. You have 5 guilds you can join at once. That is encouraging of community instead of just an online singleplayer game.

That has also been a thing for 10 years. Didn't make a difference so far.

Why would it now suddenly change? 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Times changes, and for the better imho. We shall just agree to disagree on this topic.

Clearly they don't though. Very little has changed in regards to this topic.

Hence the numbers we're seeing on ArcDPS, hence all the fails, hence all the extremely unhappy people.

All people like you keep saying is git gud. Something we also had for 10 years. Nothing changed at all. 

It only drives a deeper divide into the community and creates negative experiences for players. Which, if too common, will kill the player base in the mid term future. 

If ANet wants to increase difficulty then the game needs to change in some ways. Whether it is decreasing the difference equipment and skill makes. Improving in game feedback and in game tutorials or in game community tools and mentor systems. Something needs to change beyond just suddenly increasing difficulty steeply. Something needs to happen to make the gap surmountable. And only after can we bring these split aspects of the community together. Until then new content catering to either end of the spectrum needs to be opt in and separate or it drives people away.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

Clearly they don't though. Very little has changed in regards to this topic.

Hence the numbers we're seeing on ArcDPS, hence all the fails, hence all the extremely unhappy people.

All people like you keep saying is git gud. Something we also had for 10 years. Nothing changed at all. 

It only drives a deeper divide into the community and creates negative experiences for players. Which, if too common, will kill the player base in the mid term future. 

If ANet wants to increase difficulty then the game needs to change in some ways. Whether it is decreasing the difference equipment and skill makes. Improving in game feedback and in game tutorials or in game community tools and mentor systems. Something needs to change beyond just suddenly increasing difficulty steeply. Something needs to happen to make the gap surmountable. And only after can we bring these split aspects of the community together. Until then new content catering to either end of the spectrum needs to be opt in and separate or it drives people away.

looking at ArcDPS logs can tell you quite a bit, i suggest you dig a bit deeper into those failed runs and see why some of us are saying the players not putting in any sort of effort is the problem.

the last fail i had was when i randomly decided to try to help a map on a whim when they looked to be gearing up and going for it.

group failed at 12%, i looked at my dps log and hm......so many low DPSers, so i checked what they were doing by clicking on their name at the top grouping, choosing player summary and then choosing simple rotation and........they were auto attacking....for most of the fight.  just spaming 1.  no attempt at any sort of even attempted rotation. (not all of them mind you but most of the really low damage dealers were) 

This, is why you have players responding to you saying the fight is fine, in the groups that fail we see a sizeable chunk of players just not giving a kitten and auto attacking instead of trying to actually do damage.

• Confused 2

35 minutes ago, BloodRavenz.6084 said:

looking at ArcDPS logs can tell you quite a bit, i suggest you dig a bit deeper into those failed runs and see why some of us are saying the players not putting in any sort of effort is the problem.

the last fail i had was when i randomly decided to try to help a map on a whim when they looked to be gearing up and going for it.

group failed at 12%, i looked at my dps log and hm......so many low DPSers, so i checked what they were doing by clicking on their name at the top grouping, choosing player summary and then choosing simple rotation and........they were auto attacking....for most of the fight.  just spaming 1.  no attempt at any sort of even attempted rotation. (not all of them mind you but most of the really low damage dealers were) 

This, is why you have players responding to you saying the fight is fine, in the groups that fail we see a sizeable chunk of players just not giving a kitten and auto attacking instead of trying to actually do damage.

A very common point made by elitists but fundamentally flawed. If it was just a problem with how skills are used I might even agree with you.

But we have several builds in the game that are capable of dealing 15k - 25k dps doing nothing but auto attacks. 
The issues with the stat and combat system people like me point out are so extreme that using skills is not even a deciding factor. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 4

Just now, Erise.5614 said:

A very common point made by elitists but fundamentally flawed. If it was just a problem with how skills are used I might even agree with you.

But we have several builds in the game that are capable of dealing 15k - 25k dps doing nothing but auto attacks. 
The issues with the stat and combat system people like me point out are so extreme that using skills is not a deciding factor. It just pushes you from decent to great performance. 

i'm not talking about looking at rotations from something like say spectre who can do massive dps by just spamming 3 the entire fight.

these are like Heralds or guardian's just auto attacking. 

Also, your entire point is a balance issue not an issue with the EOD Meta  no class imo should be able to pump out 25k dps by just auto attacking or using a single skill

26 minutes ago, BloodRavenz.6084 said:

i'm not talking about looking at rotations from something like say spectre who can do massive dps by just spamming 3 the entire fight.

Also, your entire point is a balance issue not an issue with the EOD Meta  no class imo should be able to pump out 25k dps by just auto attacking or using a single skill

That's not an accident though. That's exactly the dynamic created and celebrated by the system. Even with mostly exotic equipment and a good build my ele easily clears 12k dps with only auto attacks when properly set up. It's not even designed for it. If I swap attunements it's 16k just with auto attacks.

And on the other hand. If I mess around with my build a little, unequip my good equipment and get some other combination, loose runes & co. My total damage is suddenly somewhere around 1.2k. With rotation and the right traits I can push that to around 3k dps.

The DPS difference we're seeing here really, really isn't about skill of any kind.

It's knowledge. And overwhelming amount of necessary knowledge and preparation ahead of time. And as such has no place in open world where maps fill up quickly, where you don't have access to TP and can not adapt to such requirements right before or during an event. Not even if you receive personal mentoring. 

Each aspect of combat prep multiplies your effectiveness. Exponential reward. And only when all elements come together do you see the relevant payoff. At which point doing your job becomes incredibly easy while still being several hundred percent more effective than less experienced players. You are more effective while doing less. Seeing your improvements is basically impossible ingame. Even knowing and understanding the raid training room is esoteric and mostly unknown. 

The problem isn't skill and suggesting that is misleading if not actively used to attack people as "lazy" or "stupid". As is happening in this thread and as you imply yourself.

The skill or effort argument is utter nonsense. 

GW2 has an extremely steep learning curve. Without addressing that you can not expect improved performance. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

My personal pet peeve is simple: Pay attention to chat. So many does not do it.

This is by no means a simple ask.

Players are trying to avoid many overlapping ground markers, pay attention to animation tells, condition icons, their cooldowns, and targeting. Watching chat is another thing to track in the middle of that, and is a challenge to average players like me.

I’m not saying impossible, just a challenge.

And even if I do read chat, can I smoothly process what’s in it? 

My first time at jade maw, the commander’s repeatedly telling us to use the crystals. It takes a bit for me to even identify the markers for them in the middle of so many players and mobs and ground markers. Even when I see the interact icon, I have a bunch of trouble even getting to them in the overlapping AoEs.

I’m sure I looked like I was completely ignoring the chat.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 10

Just now, BloodRavenz.6084 said:

Do you have some print schreen about that ?

That they auto attack and they dont use their bigger attacks or healing , when they are not off cds  ?

LucianDk could offer some print schreen if he has too

Because people used to say that casuals didnt playe raids , because they offered low gold and in the same time try to shut down the casuals when   the conversation was about easy modes and not trying enought

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940

3 hours ago, BloodRavenz.6084 said:

Look here.

Guardian autoattacking with hammer (of all things) is 16k. Herald sword auto is even slightly higher.

All assuming proper builds. Notice, how not having a proper build can easily sink that dps by like fivefold.

No, it's not players' rotations that are a problem here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Look here.

Guardian autoattacking with hammer (of all things) is 16k. Herald sword auto is even slightly higher.

All assuming proper builds. Notice, how not having a proper build can easily sink that dps by like fivefold.

No, it's not players' rotations that are a problem here.

yeah and i'm not talking about those builds that allow you to do that

I'm more focusing on people doing less then 5k dps on a Herald, or Thief, or Weaver or whatever class you want to mention just auto attacking and being generally useless to the group. 

I promise you, if you had a full raid of people doing 16k DPS you wouldn't be here on the forums whining about how hard the DE Meta is and begging Anet to nerf it because you'd kill the boss every single time without fail.

the problem is there are to many people not wanting to put in the effort,
Not wanting to join a guild that does PVE and can help them prepare. 

Not wanting to join Discord or any other voice tool in order to even try to coordinate with the group doing the fight. 

Not wanting to even try to go to one of several sites that are out there to HELP players figure out what build they should be running to be effective and often even say what rotation. 

Not wanting to or willing to go to youtube and watch videos about their class or the boss/meta they are having trouble with.

i'm sorry if you think i should be sorry for the above players and i should be making excuses for them, or running here to be a white knight and say we need to nerf the fight to they can be included. 

I'm not, i refuse to give them an excuse, and I'm certainly not their white knight.

Even casuals who have put in the time to get to level 80, and cleared the story to get to Dragons end in the first place should identified that they like the game enough to put in an effort and casually tried to look up ways to get better by now. 

This game is 10 years old, stop making excuses for people who don't want to try and expect the rest of you to carry them.

P.S. to anyone reading this, if you look at your dps meter and see that your doing a respectable amount of damage in these fights, and you even did part of the stuff above i mentioned players aren't doing...then I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU 

• Confused 2

As a longtime no life casual.
Is the difficulty fine. Sure.
Do I want to replay this meta with only 2 successful clears since launch. NOPE!
Do I want to devote 2 hours of time? NOPE!
Do I want to try and make my own group, if there are no lfgs? NOPE!
Could I command my own group? YES!
Is it worth the effort? NOPE! (I joined a taxi with no commander, I took the initiative to command since nobody was stepping up. Did the most I could to form organized balanced groups, for the 20% phase split. Failed after a bad wipe>failed CC Phase> Tail> 50 secs left with 12% HP left. Not taking that responsibility again lol.)

Shout outs to the few, and far between Commanders that run a organized meta. And those that take the initiative to help make callouts.

Already feels it has come to a point where there is only one or two organized meta's at any given time. Similarly to Triple Trouble or Serpents Ire. At least with those 2, there isn't a lengthy 1 hour prep for those. Just show up 15-30 min ahead, and good to go.
LFGs are dead unless it's a fresh map, nobody wants do a meta with a unprepped map. (The true PUG experience.) Props to those that do try on unorganized maps.

Difficulty is fine. The Investment isn't however.
Time will tell if this Meta dies off like the harder content. Things are still fresh after all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BloodRavenz.6084 said:

I'm more focusing on people doing less then 5k dps on a Herald, or Thief, or Weaver or whatever class you want to mention just auto attacking and being generally useless to the group. 

I promise you, if you had a full raid of people doing 16k DPS you wouldn't be here on the forums whining about how hard the DE Meta is and begging Anet to nerf it because you'd kill the boss every single time without fail.

Not wanting to join Discord or any other voice tool in order to even try to coordinate with the group doing the fight. 

Not wanting to even try to go to one of several sites that are out there to HELP players figure out what build they should be running to be effective and often even say what rotation. 

Not wanting to or willing to go to youtube and watch videos about their class or the boss/meta they are having trouble with.

i'm sorry if you think i should be sorry for the above players and i should be making excuses for them, or running here to be a white knight and say we need to nerf the fight to they can be included. 

I'm not, i refuse to give them an excuse, and I'm certainly not their white knight.

Even casuals who have put in the time to get to level 80, and cleared the story to get to Dragons end in the first place should identified that they like the game enough to put in an effort and casually tried to look up ways to get better by now. 

This game is 10 years old, stop making excuses for people who don't want to try and expect the rest of you to carry them.

P.S. to anyone reading this, if you look at your dps meter and see that your doing a respectable amount of damage in these fights, and you even did part of the stuff above i mentioned players aren't doing...then I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU 

First of all. The people you're mentioning in your PS are still suffering from this situation. I'm not surprised you don't care about that but that still undermines your point. If that would have been meant seriously then the way DE has been created and integrated into the rest of the game is still a mistake. 

But even worse. What kind of excuses are you even talking about? You're talking about these people here as if they play deliberately terrible. As if they deliberately fail the event. As if they know better and are just too lazy. 

Most of them don't even know about the existence of out of game resources. Worse yet, most of them don't even know there is something wrong with what they are currently doing.

The game is terrible at communicating that. Utterly terrible at providing you with feedback about what works, what doesn't work, if you do fine, if you do poorly.

There's no need for excuses. Naivity and lack of awareness are not excuses. Especially in an entertainment product.

If the majority of people plays this way then that's the fault of either the game developers or the fault of the experienced part of the community. You can not fault them if they don't even know what's wrong, don't have opportunity to improve and are mostly confused about why it doesn't work out.

Given that context, a meta event is the most terrible place to put such a difficulty spike as even if you try to improve and follow guides you will not see any meaningful impact or change in your experience. And the same happens the other way around. If you succeed many will attribute that to their successful contribution. Regardless of whether that is true or not.

The way you paint them as a problem is seriously antagonizing to a needless degree. 

If 10 years aren't enough to learn these things then maybe it's not the fault of those players. Maybe it's not at all a choice they actually made. And maybe, you're part of the problem. Rather than "a hero standing up to those filthy, lazy casuals".

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Yeah we are sorry we are not doing 16k dps , SO WE CAN SKIP MECHANICS  (like green, or try to hunt and  cc the tail).

We prefer to DO MECHANICS , and play the intended way , but with less boss HP .

If we want to adapt Piniata fights , we know where to find you people .

Wait a sec , who whined again that PvE up this point is boring-snoozefest  Piniata fights ?

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Yeah we are sorry we are not doing 16k dps , SO WE CAN SKIP MECHANICS  (like green, or try to hunt and  cc the tail).

We prefer to DO MECHANICS , and play the intended way , but with less boss HP .

If we want to adapt Piniata fights , we know where to find you people :  )

dunno what your talking about

Group i'm in doesn't skip anything, we do the green's for wisp phase, kill the thornharts that spawn, kill the tail when it comes up and we CC the boss when there is a chance to do it.

i never once said to ramp up your dps to such a degree that you can skip any of that stuff

dunno what your talking about

Group i'm in doesn't skip anything, we do the green's for wisp phase, kill the thornharts that spawn, kill the tail when it comes up and we CC the boss when there is a chance to do it.

i never once said to ramp up your dps to such a degree that you can skip any of that stuff

Yeah yeyah yeh, hold that thought

Its not people in youtube did that , and used no-EoD -raid specs 😛

21 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

First of all. The people you're mentioning in your PS are still suffering from this situation. I'm not surprised you don't care about that but that still undermines your point. If that would have been meant seriously then the way DE has been created and integrated into the rest of the game is still a mistake. 

But even worse. What kind of excuses are you even talking about? You're talking about these people here as if they play deliberately terrible. As if they deliberately fail the event. As if they know better and are just too lazy. 

Most of them don't even know about the existence of out of game resources. Worse yet, most of them don't even know there is something wrong with what they are currently doing.

The game is terrible at communicating that. Utterly terrible at providing you with feedback about what works, what doesn't work, if you do fine, if you do poorly.

There's no need for excuses. Naivity and lack of awareness are not excuses. Especially in an entertainment product.

If the majority of people plays this way then that's the fault of either the game developers or the fault of the experienced part of the community. You can not fault them if they don't even know what's wrong, don't have opportunity to improve and are mostly confused about why it doesn't work out.

Given that context, a meta event is the most terrible place to put such a difficulty spike as even if you try to improve and follow guides you will not see any meaningful impact or change in your experience. And the same happens the other way around. If you succeed many will attribute that to their successful contribution. Regardless of whether that is true or not.

The way you paint them as a problem is seriously antagonizing to a needless degree. 

If 10 years aren't enough to learn these things then maybe it's not the fault of those players. Maybe it's not at all a choice they actually made. And maybe, you're part of the problem. Rather than "a hero standing up to those filthy, lazy casuals".

They are playing an MMO.

This is not a mobile game you play on your cell phone, this isn't a single player game you can play on a PS4.

I do not think it's out of line to expect people who are playing MMO to do things that nearly every MMO Players do.

Great the game is terrible at telling you what build and rotations you should be using for max dps.  Please provide me a single MMO that does. 

• Confused 3