Jade Bot Core - Need to be given to all characters. (Alt-friendliness)

I understand the devs trying to make us craft the cores, but can we please atleast have every character starting with a Power Core Level 1?
Gearing all my 70 others toons with how much material is needed is going to be a pain that is making it almost not worth putting time in the Jade Bot.
Doing a full EoD Act (I) just to get the core is also inconceiveable.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 4

In my opinion the tier 1 core should be cheap to craft, really easy to get. A small jade something that any research vendor could sell for a few research notes. Even if right now it's a temporary shortage due to not enough players on the last zone., i would still say that tier 1 needs to be really accessible, cheap to craft and cheap to buy from the TP.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

You need Research Notes to get the Recipe and some Materials for it are in the Last Map Event which is absolutely unbalanced.

How do you even get the salvaging kit to aquire research notes? I haven't seen any vendor selling it yet and the only one I got was from the story. 
About the last map however. It's not unbalanced. People just need to git gud and use a brain. Mechanics and meta builds exist for a reason. Also servers need to be a bit more stable because I had at least 5 crashes mid meta event of which 4 were mass map wide crashes. Very infuriating. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cynder.2509 said:

How do you even get the salvaging kit to aquire research notes? I haven't seen any vendor selling it yet and the only one I got was from the story. 
About the last map however. It's not unbalanced. People just need to git gud and use a brain. Mechanics and meta builds exist for a reason. Also servers need to be a bit more stable because I had at least 5 crashes mid meta event of which 4 were mass map wide crashes. Very infuriating. 

Go to the vendor beside the jadebot lab near the NW waypoint in kaineng. They sell research kits. You can salvage food or potions.

I bought 5000 weak something potions at 4c each and spent quite a while salvaging them for 5000+ research notes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Go to the vendor beside the jadebot lab near the NW waypoint in kaineng. They sell research kits. You can salvage food or potions.

I bought 5000 weak something potions at 4c each and spent quite a while salvaging them for 5000+ research notes.

That also makes me wonder if the research kit was really the best way to introduce the research notes. Honestly, it feels like a step back considering how every recyling kit works in terms of reclying multiple items and filtering by quality combined with bags to exclude items you want to keep. Essentially, did we really need the research kit? couldn't the functionality be added to the already existing reclying kits, even if it was as a different option?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So we have to upgrade the cores on every single character? That's kittening terrible, i've been maining gw2 as an mmo simply because i didn't have to do repetitive task with every single character and now they're implementing chores?

I might as well go back to wow and farm renown on every character if gw2 is going to chose che "chore" way to powerscale characters

Edited by gianpiede.7294
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

I'm already wanting legendary cores and modules and I haven't even started to use it, really.  The modules take up too much inventory if you want to swap.  I'm honestly probably not going to bother with any of it unless they make it more convenient (e.g.  give us legendary equivalents that are account-wide).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Will.9785 said:

I'm already wanting legendary cores and modules and I haven't even started to use it, really.  The modules take up too much inventory if you want to swap.  I'm honestly probably not going to bother with any of it unless they make it more convenient (e.g.  give us legendary equivalents that are account-wide).

Agreed, the inventory management and alt-swapping on it is too annoying. I'd even pay provisioner tokens (to make legendaries) or gems to be rid of the pain point.

You can craft it or buy from TP for 2 gold. It's fine.

Do higher level cores actually do anything other than add vitality? If not then you only need level 1.

Edited by rune.9572
dumb forum software inserting extra paragraphs
  • Confused 1

Wait, you get this item for free very early in the story. PER character. I don't understand what the issue is?

Wait until you can craft it, buy it, or do the story and get it for free? What's the problem here?

I have 4 of them.

Edited by eth.4619
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2022 at 9:48 AM, StevenL.3761 said:

Is it even possible to craft this right now?

Yes, you can craft a Jade Bot Core Tier 1: You need research notes (to buy the receipe and for crafting), 5 bronze ingots and a Piece of Dragon Jade.
For the Piece of Dragon Jade you need Chunks of Pure Jade, Research Nodes, Globs of Ectoplasm and Orichalcum Ingots.
The Chunks of Pure Jade you can gather from Jadeite Veins resource nodes in Dragons End.
It does not look expensive to craft this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eth.4619 said:

Wait, you get this item for free very early in the story. PER character. I don't understand what the issue is?

Wait until you can craft it, buy it, or do the story and get it for free? What's the problem here?

I have 4 of them.

I think people with 70 alts don't want to run the story 70 times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

I'm already wanting legendary cores and modules

Legendary aquabreather is still waiting first. This is the water expansion after all.

Actually hopeing for it as an achievement reward like the amulet so it's abit more friendly to unlock.

Legendary core and modules that can be changed anywhere do sound good for long term goals for players though. Std versions should be reasonable prices comparable to other ascended stuff at most then.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 1:27 PM, LucianDK.8615 said:

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely try this. Then I'll buy the recipe the amke the core so I can gear all 36 characters with one. 

• Like 1