High-Energy Capacitor - How to get this one? Its not dropping for me.

Item description:
"Found by defeating the Jade Behemoth in New Kaineng City.

Used by jade bot technicians to upgrade the Mount Energy Booster 2."

However I did the meta 3x now and I didnt get anything.
Anyone else had this experience or could tell me if I have to do something or whats wrong with it?
Or has it just a little drop chance? Would be frustrating to do the meta 20x for that item.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Looks like a low drop rate. 5 metas, nothing yet. Or it just magically appears at some point like the pure jade...

update: 7 metas with the actual meta reward plus 5 weekly chests from the jade vault. No drop.

update 2: 30 meta chests now. As long as factual character ability upgrades stay locked behind this rng-wall, I'm out. Sick of it.

Edited by Solstice.5790
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am a little confused. The support pages say we get it by killing the jade behemoth but this page says it's contained in the "Bounty of New Kaineng City" chest, which we get from Myung-Hee by giving her the Jade Gate Statuette we got from the meta. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/High-Energy_Capacitor

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jade_Gate_Statuette

Except it is also a "maybe we'll drop it" thing and it's part of a weekly collection. If I understand right, and I probably don't, it looks like all I need is that jade statuette which is 16 silver at the TP and I get another Bounty which might or might not contain the flux-I mean High Energy capacitor, but I can only get the chest once a week. I am morose.

Edited by roland.4720
forgot links

Looks to be rare drop from the bounty. You can buy additional bounty boxes from Myung-Hee for 200 Imperial Favors each once you unlock the items with the statuette(s). This additional item list unlock also resets weekly. So it seems the High-Energy Capacitor is RNG based item and the hint on it is misleading to say the least.

Edited by Jukhy.2431
  • Like 2

Managed to drop both the mount energy enhancer, as well the upwards boost enhancer.

I have however had no luck finding the thing for r3 siege turtle power.

I know it comes from bounty boxes you can buy, or loot from Dragons End. Which Ive had 8 or so victories in so far.

Edited by LucianDK.8615
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, tmorrow.5189 said:

I wasted 4000 imperial favor and got nothing.

Wasted it on what? Did you try to bribe Myung-Hee by buying everything she offers? 😂

7 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Managed to drop both the mount energy enhancer, as well the upwards boost enhancer.

Where did you drop them so I can go pick them up? 😂

Oh... you meant it dropped for you. Dang.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

I believe the intent is to keep players grinding out metas. 

These 6 items are needed to increase the power of 6 of your jade bot service chips or sensory arrays by anywhere from 10% to 25% (depending on which one). My position is that there should be  guaranteed path to get anything that makes your character more powerful - possibly expensive or challenging but not in a RNG way. I have no problem with they way we've been baited to do other metas with possible super rare infusions because there are other guaranteed to ways to earn the same power (doing fractals for example).

Up to now I've done 2-4 cantha metas and a couple of strikes per day. I've opened many bounty bags to no avail.This kind of unspecified chance where the probabilities are not even revealed are annoying to me and not fun and consequently I've lost a lot of interest. I'll just find other activities to do. Very disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having surpassed 50 New Kaineng Bounty chests without the drop now, I'm done.

ArenaNet, you can keep your metas, you can keep your Jade Vault and all the predatory, anti-consumer bs you're calling "jade bot", and I will just keep my money in the future. This isn't a shiny skin we're talking about, you're locking character stats behind RNG walls.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Solstice.5790 said:

Having surpassed 50 New Kaineng Bounty chests without the drop now, I'm done.

ArenaNet, you can keep your metas, you can keep your Jade Vault and all the predatory, anti-consumer bs you're calling "jade bot", and I will just keep my money in the future. This isn't a shiny skin we're talking about, you're locking character stats behind RNG walls.

I am with you on this as well. Until Anet changes some direction of game, like it was before EoD expansion, they are not getting penny from me anymore.

This is my first MMO ever and After doing a lot of research, I bought Guild War 2 thinking it's not like WOW.

I came to enjoy this game for what it offered and they are changing direction after 5+ yrs of this game I have been playing. I still like rest of the EoD minus dragon end meta.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I'm not happy with a random drop for items, that are stat based; but more upset that some of it is being firewalled behind Strike Mission(already with Li/Kp  invite only) for item upgrades that are only usable in the open world game.  

I'm happy to grind for most things solo. But most team based content will never be within my grasp and I would really not want to force a group to carry me.

Next thing you know we will need to do a strike mission to get a mount, or need Li/KP to join a massive group to see the end of the story. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AlleyGeek.6539 said:

I'm not happy with a random drop for items, that are stat based; but more upset that some of it is being firewalled behind Strike Mission(already with Li/Kp  invite only) for item upgrades that are only usable in the open world game.  

I'm happy to grind for most things solo. But most team based content will never be within my grasp and I would really not want to force a group to carry me.

Next thing you know we will need to do a strike mission to get a mount, or need Li/KP to join a massive group to see the end of the story. 

Hate to tell you this, but, you have to do a strike to get the turtle mount. 

If all you are seeing in LFG for strike missions is "LI/KP/etc", then start up your own squad and list it in LFG.  I've seen several in there with "1st Strike mission ever, we'll figure it out" and "all welcome" and "casual run".  I even joined one SPECIFICALLY because it said they didn't know the mission and I'm experienced with it.

I'm pretty sure you missed the sarcasm in my last line.

Why do people always say 'start up your own squad', do they really think finding 9 other people as bad as me is going to make an enjoyable experience, would anyone really want to come and fail with me several dozen times.

Seriously, if it is so easy that any bunch of random people can do it, why are the strike/raid players asking for Li/Kp . You said yourself 'I even joined one SPECIFICALLY because it said they didn't know the mission and I'm experienced with it.'

I don't mind trying and failing, I don't mind having a go at a team based activity, but I don't want to miss out on open world content because someone feels the need to hammer my square peg into a strike mission.

Edited by AlleyGeek.6539
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, AlleyGeek.6539 said:

Why do people always say 'start up your own squad', do they really think finding 9 other people as bad as me is going to make an enjoyable experience, would anyone really want to come and fail with me several dozen times.

So if you don’t want to play with other people around your skill level then that means you’re looking to get carried?

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, mythical.6315 said:

So if you don’t want to play with other people around your skill level then that means you’re a looking to get carried?

3 hours ago, AlleyGeek.6539 said:

I'm happy to grind for most things solo. But most team based content will never be within my grasp and I would really not want to force a group to carry me

I'm pretty sure I covered that one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well then pay a team complete it for you.

They then are not forced to carry you but form up just to do that for compensation.

So like the American healthcare service, it doesn't need fixing when you can monetize it. I noticed it didn't take long for the sell a strike to pop up. Another nail in the coffin, my case is getting better with every reply.

Top answer to the problem is: pay someone for a random chance to get an item that can't be use in team content, so has no obvious reason to be there in the first place *applause and a standing ovation*

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, AlleyGeek.6539 said:

So like the American healthcare service, it doesn't need fixing when you can monetize it. I noticed it didn't take long for the sell a strike to pop up. Another nail in the coffin, my case is getting better with every reply.

Top answer to the problem is: pay someone for a random chance to get an item that can't be use in team content, so has no obvious reason to be there in the first place *applause and a standing ovation*

Oh this is for the t3 upgrade component, my bad been tunnel visioning so much on the cant get tutle threads.

You are in luck its even easier since not from strike.

Dont need a carry after all.

You just have to buy 1-4of however many meta Jade Statuette you need and buy 5 bounty of New Kaineng City for a chance weekly like everyone else.

Edit

Or do the open world New Kaineng City meta every day untill it drops you cant even pay for carry 🙂

Edited by Linken.6345

Not happy with the turtle, don't think a lot of people are and looks like a fix is incoming but..

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Or do the open world New Kaineng City meta every day untill it drops

Your saying the wiki is wrong?? that the Recovered Hover Engine, Medical Datacell, etc are not tied to a strike mission and  all I need to do is grind one of the two meta's(New Kaineng City or The Echovald Wilds) and it will drop any of the T3 upgrade component? If that's the case, the random chance is still not fun, but I can live with that. 

1 hour ago, AlleyGeek.6539 said:

Not happy with the turtle, don't think a lot of people are and looks like a fix is incoming but..

Your saying the wiki is wrong?? that the Recovered Hover Engine, Medical Datacell, etc are not tied to a strike mission and  all I need to do is grind one of the two meta's(New Kaineng City or The Echovald Wilds) and it will drop any of the T3 upgrade component? If that's the case, the random chance is still not fun, but I can live with that. 

Untrue. The metas only drops specific pieces

The hover engine and medical cell is strikes only.