What chips are you going to use for your Jade Bot?

Curious about this. The wiki seems to get filled with info. And the recipes for the cores seem to work now. (Top tier core pretty cheap.)
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Module:_Sensory_Array
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Module:_Service_Chip

Personally I think I will go for the recycler that gives jade slivers - there seems to be a nice vendor ... allowing even to trade for older stuff that was more annoying to get. (Tyrian Defense seals without doing DRMs possible. Even though it might be slow.) Other than that using the mount energy boost in that slot when needed - for timed achievements to make it easier.

Other slot the skiff speed (if it stacks with other boosts?) seems nice.  I do not think I will need a boost on the glide skill or for the reviving skills. Treasure chest scan ... depends on whether this actually "reveals" unique chests you can only see and loot with that skill. (If only marking existing chests on the mini map - not really needed.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

Personally I will be using the Mount Energy Booster or Scavenger Protocol as the sensory array, and either the Gliding Booster or Treasure Hunter as the service chip. You could go with the Rescue Protocol if you are getting downed more often than 10 minutes, but the cooldown will only get reduced to at maximum 6 minutes. Not sure if the Recycler will prove to be useful in some regard, other than you REALLY needing the ascended crafting mats or the exchange to jade slivers is reasonable for exchange at the vendor. I heard that the karma recycler was absolute garbage, giving 1 karma each trash item (hopefully they change this to around the rates you would find in the Fast Farming Community site)

14 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

For me its surely mount + skiff. But the item to Upgrade mount thingie doesn't drop in meta somehow...

Yeah me either, just went after the XJ-1 boss in Echovald and didn't get the upgrade component. Must be yet another thing they forgot to include in drop tables, or it's not a guaranteed drop, which is a shame since the boss chest seems to be once per day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoover.6394 said:

The recycler seems not working as well as I hoped, still got a lot of junk trophies in my inventory 

During the Jade Bot reveal stream, they said the recyclers would only work on stuff you loot while they're equipped.

Since equipping it, I haven't had a single junk item in my inventory.  I'm going to get some set up on all my characters parked at Bjora Marches chests for the eternal ice they farm.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180
  • Like 3

Went with Treasure Hunter (rank 2) and Jade Sliver. 

Treasure Hunter is pretty great actually, gives me opportunities to sometimes go out of my way to open a chest, sometimes discovering other hidden lore stuff etc. Plus it's always great to open treasure chests!

Jade Sliver was kinda underwhelming, but I haven't started grinding yet. So far from the few story chapters only got about 20 slivers.

• Like 1

Recycler: Jade Slivers is not working on the junk drops from bags and they still pile up in your inventory.

I thought that the tons of junk from containers like : Gift from Mawdrey II , Gunk-Covered Pellet Generosity's Reward etc. will be converted !

Are they not LOOT ? Only picked up junk from killed foe is converted. May be it should be fixed .
Also it says that the amount of the recycled silver will depend on the value of the junk ! 

What about Ornamental Golden Trophy ? Its also JUNK

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Murelax.6398 said:

Recycler: Jade Slivers is not working on the junk drops from bags and they still pile up in your inventory.

I thought that the tons of junk from containers like : Gift from Mawdrey II , Gunk-Covered Pellet Generosity's Reward etc. will be converted !

Are they not LOOT ? Only picked up junk from killed foe is converted. May be it should be fixed .
Also it says that the amount of the recycled silver will depend on the value of the junk ! 

What about Ornamental Golden Trophy ? Its also JUNK

ANet disabled it while they're fixing a bug with it.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes. I noticed this as well - junk from killin mobs and harvesting got converted. The stuff from opening bags not. Treasure Hunter ... I will give this a try. Eventually I guess I will make tier 3 of all the modules (the ones that can be upgraded) - trying them.

Though the tier 3 needs some special item. Need to check if this is in the wiki (last time it wasn)t - someone mentoined the meta events would drop these?

Not sure if anyone actually really plants to use the recycler for bloodstone and stuff. (You'd actually expect more people to use their stockpiled bloodstone to get the junk from converting those - if recycler gets fixed to start converting that junk to slivrs lol. :D) Also the other ones that scan for leather and other materials - are they worth it? I guess if karma also is pretty low ... the leather and stuff also will only drop a low amount.

Edited by Luthan.5236

I have crafted them all (just need to upgrade the level 2s to 3s, and keeping them in my bank, just swapping back and forth when I can, I already have the Jade Workshop in my halls so that's an easy transfer back and forth.
But to answer the question I tend to use Mount 2, Skiffer 3, Recovery 2, and Gliding 2. (as of now)

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891

5 minutes ago, Doctor Hide.6345 said:

I will be honest here. The whole chip thing confuses me, so I haven't even bothered with it. I got the masteries unlocked of course, but for the actual ship I think it was from the story.

You get the boat by finishing the Heart in Shing Jea.

The Mastery for the Jade Bot allows you to get the recipes for Higher Tiers of the bots, which increase the bot Vitality (up to 235 extra points 1,235), which is I think only used when using the Down Revival Skill (last Mastery). The Arrays is just extra perks, allowing your Skiff to use the boost faster, increasing your mount ability gauge, being able to manually updraft higher, finding treasures around you and upspeeding teh bot recovery skill when you are downed, the others just gathering and recycling into more mats "addons" to the jade bots.

The Skiff, Mount, Glider, Treasure, Recover arrays can be leveled up 2x, once with the Chip Level 1 + 150 Research Notes (enjoy the clicking), and level 3 requires the Level 2 Chip, 300 Research Notes and also getting a rare items for each META (all four maps) and 2 are from Strikes Missions.

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891

4 minutes ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

You get the boat by finishing the Heart in Shing Jea.

The Mastery for the Jade Bot allows you to get the recipes for Higher Tiers of the bots, which increase the bot Vitality (up to 235 extra points 1,235), which is I think only used when using the Down Revival Skill (last Mastery). The Arrays is just extra perks, allowing your Skiff to use the boost faster, increasing your mount ability gauge, being able to manually updraft higher, finding treasures around you and upspeeding teh bot recovery skill when you are downed, the others just gathering and recycling into more mats "addons" to the jade bots.

The ship thing was a typo. So my bad. lolz I meant chip. 3:30 am typing and all.

Ah, ok. So really just utility stuff then. I don't know if that is worth my time or not if I am to be honest. lolz  But, I thank you for the explanation. 🙂

Edited by Doctor Hide.6345

Now that I've finished the story and started doing more open world, the slivers are starting to collect much more frequently. As they only seem to come from mobs and not converting anything from chests. 

Since you only seem to get chests from story, I rushed to make the recycler and did not need it until after story.

I just did not do a lot of map farming while doing the story.

• Like 2