trapp guard is trash and i'm sick of fighting against it.

Artyport.2084

51 minutes ago, Artyport.2084 said:

Whether or not there is counterplay is not the point.

I'm sure as a "amazing" pvp player it isnt a problem.

However it really ruins the casual pvp experience. I shouldn't have to always build builds just to deal with one stupid build. 

no other cc can you not just stunbreak out of. 

honestly traps on dragon hunter was a bad idea in the first place

You have a problem in pvp, that isn't a problem for everyone, so it's a learn to play issue. 

You have now 2 options, either you progressing with complaining and hope that anet will one day make useless nerfs ORRR... 

You listen what people tell you in this thread and try it out. Using a stunbreak while you get pulled needs reaction time and training, but it's worth learning it, you will feel better than getting trapped. Also you mostly know when a dh is stealthed (you should see it), open your eyes and wait for the F1 spear and Dodge it. Attack animations and especially projectiles are good visible even when your enemy is stealthed. 

If you have trouble in a 1vs1 where the dh set its traps down on the node, wait infront of the node but find  some LOS (wait behind a stone, tree, etc...) till he appears, use your clones (guess your are mesmer with that Pic) and the traps get triggered by your clones = 0 dmg goes to you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

You have a problem in pvp, that isn't a problem for everyone, so it's a learn to play issue. 

You have now 2 options, either you progressing with complaining and hope that anet will one day make useless nerfs ORRR... 

You listen what people tell you in this thread and try it out. Using a stunbreak while you get pulled needs reaction time and training, but it's worth learning it, you will feel better than getting trapped. Also you mostly know when a dh is stealthed (you should see it), open your eyes and wait for the F1 spear and Dodge it. Attack animations and especially projectiles are good visible even when your enemy is stealthed. 

If you have trouble in a 1vs1 where the dh set its traps down on the node, wait infront of the node but find  some LOS (wait behind a stone, tree, etc...) till he appears, use your clones (guess your are mesmer with that Pic) and the traps get triggered by your clones = 0 dmg goes to you. 

I am not the only one who has complained about this.. i dont have a problem no one else has.. 

i get how to get out of it.. i'm tired of doing it. its not fun.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

If you can stand still and block vs a trapper DH in his traps, he's a very bad DH for not using an unblockable. 

Most DHs run Honor and Virtues, and traited f2 cleanses 5 condi, your heal cleanses condi with minor Smite Conditions, and you can run Contemplation of Purity along with your many light fields and access to light aura to negate condi. This isnt FT engi, DH has cleanse if they don't spec absolute highest damage possible. 

Remove Trapper and the problem goes away, as does DH. Then buff its sustain because Trapper carries it. 

Lmao what, no dhs runs valor, honor or smite condi. If say about half runs cop over ji. Dh runs radiance virtues.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Or maybe its a "this gimmick build hard counters mine" issue. This thread is about trapper dh being dumb, not overpowered. The same l2p arguments have been used to defend minion necro, ft scrapper, old burn dh, all because people think they are just low tier noob stompers. If you havent got caught in a DH trap or 1 shot by being pushed or teleporting out of ToF and thought "wow that was really dumb" then you havent been playing pvp.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Math.5123 said:

Lmao what, no dhs runs valor, honor or smite condi. If say about half runs cop over ji. Dh runs radiance virtues.

Valor, my bad I misnamed the traitline.

But no, I only ever see Valor and Virtues. If they run double traps with SyG or JI then they still have anti Condi with f2 and lesser smite on heal.

Radiance is big meme damage but also dum squishy on a spec that's already squishy, hence why people don't run it. 

Edited by CutesySylveon.8290

9 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

None of the traps are unblockable apart from test of faith. Test of faith does no damage if you stand still. So once you get pulled, you can block all damage. 

lemme show you my old friend, "UNBLOCKABLE KNOCKBACK FROM DH LONGBOW WHICH ALSO FOR SOME REASON HAPPENS TO BLIND"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My opinion is twofold on this.

1.)Trapper DH is obnoxious, and I still think throwing the tether should reveal you on cast. However:

2.)While obnoxious, you can counterplay it. As was mentioned before, stunbreak to get out of any tether pull at the beginning of the fight, assuming you were caught by surprise. If you survive, note two things:

a.) The tether can only pull you half as often as it is up. That means, for every tether you evade or stunbreak, the next one is cc-less if it hasnt been 40 seconds.

b.) Dragonhunters have this icon on their Target bar when it is ready. Bad ones throw it off cooldown, average ones will throw it while stealthed, and good ones will throw it to catch you after a dodge. Adjust appropriately. Watch them in between their periods of stealth, and you'll be able to approximate when the next spear will be thrown, based on how eager the DH is to pull you. Avoiding spear means you can avoid engaging with trap spam. 

It's an easy build to run, but it has its weaknesses. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

6 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Valor, my bad I misnamed the traitline.

But no, I only ever see Valor and Virtues. If they run double traps with SyG or JI then they still have anti Condi with f2 and lesser smite on heal.

Radiance is big meme damage but also dum squishy on a spec that's already squishy, hence why people don't run it. 

No, my friend.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_Turbo_Trapper this is the build. You will not have enough damage to kill anything without radiance. This is the build everyone complains about, this is the build that hits 12k trueshots. Not some sustainy Valor variant. You would never, ever run Valor and not take meditations in your build. Valor gives nothing unless you take at least 3 meditations.

Edited by Math.5123
  • Like 1

The real problem is how ridiculously overpowered the rune is, especially when compared to other runes that provide boons/effects.

A few examples:

Rune of resistance : 4s resistance when using elite skill, 45s CD

Rune of earth: gain protection when struck, 60s CD

Rune of the Forge: gain fire aura when less than 75% health, 20s CD.

Rune of the Trapper: gain 3s stealth AND superspeed when using ANY trap heal/utility/elite skill. No CD.

Seriously??? It blows my mind that A) this made it into the game in the first place, and B) that it's STILL in the game after all this time.

An inherent part of balance is having trade-offs. If you're gonna take all offensive utilities at the expense of stun breaks, invulns, ports, or other defensive utilities, that's fine; YOLO. But you should expect to get punished hardcore when you get caught. But rune of the Trapper lets you stack offensive utilities and allow them to double as defensive/mobility utilities. There's literally no downside. 

Slap a 20s CD on the stealth/superspeed component (still pretty generous compared to the aforementioned runes), and we'd be in a much better spot balance wise.

Edited by CalmTheStorm.2364
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

No, dodging does not let you out of the ring if you get caught. Only stab and ports do. It's a barrier. 

Dodge SHOULD, sorry for my bad english, but I meant they should make dodge able to cross the ring, but stun you after, same with rev staff5 evade, shiro evade, you cross it, but you get stunned, that's decent.

Also I don't know why a teleport blink gets you stunned a well, but yeah, bad design is hard to solve.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grx.8714 said:

Dodge SHOULD, sorry for my bad english, but I meant they should make dodge able to cross the ring, but stun you after, same with rev staff5 evade, shiro evade, you cross it, but you get stunned, that's decent.

Also I don't know why a teleport blink gets you stunned a well, but yeah, bad design is hard to solve.

Why should you be able to dodge out of a skill that you already failed to dodge once? That's like getting hit for 8k by a random ability, but if you dodge within a second of getting hit you get your health back. If you fail to dodge, and you burned all your stunbreaks / ports / blocks / invulns. You deserve to die.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Math.5123 said:

Why should you be able to dodge out of a skill that you already failed to dodge once? That's like getting hit for 8k by a random ability, but if you dodge within a second of getting hit you get your health back. If you fail to dodge, and you burned all your stunbreaks / ports / blocks / invulns. You deserve to die.

Coz i gotta dodge the pull, true shot, the unblockable faith trap, longbow5, the blade spinning trap. 

That's why you should be able to dodge out of it.

• Like 1