Recycler: Jade Slivers How does it work?

• Exxcalibur.6203 changed the title to Recycler: Jade Slivers How does it work?
10 minutes ago, Deckeredwolf.6421 said:

Do we know if this has been addressed yet?

No, last we heard was that it was disabled shortly after release and then re-enabled later.
> Fixed a server crash related to Jade Bot Recycler modules.

Now it seems to be broken or disabled again, with no word on why.

And here I thought I was the only one encountered this problem XD.

I once asked people in map chat if they had this problem before, but at that time they said that the recycler worked fine for them.

Can't believe I've wasted reseach notes on a bugged recycler, very dissapointed about this.

On 3/5/2022 at 2:37 PM, Exxcalibur.6203 said:

How does this work?

Ive equipped it, subsequently looted junk and the junk is just sitting in the inventory doing nothing.

Cant seem to access any function at a work bench, so Im at a loss. 

Thanks for posting this. I've had four recyclers on four different active alts for several days now and my total of 13 jade slivers has remain unchanged since the first day. Was getting ready to post a query about it myself but found yours instead. It's sad that the thing seems to be broken.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deckeredwolf.6421 said:

Welcome to the sad party lol. I found the vendor, and i still have yet to unlock my Skyscale, when i saw i could buy the Season 4 matts from the vendor, i bought a recycler on the AH... and BOY did i start crying.

for season 4 currency you are best camping alts at bjora marches chests. the chests give eternal ice shards, which + karma converts to any season 4 currency

the jade sliver recycler (for the few days that did work), got like 125 in 2 or 3 days

So the new patch said that they have "fixed the server crash related to Jade Bot Recycler modules.", but it seems  the recycler still doesn't work. The junk in my inventory is still there and no sight of any jade sliver.

Edited by Parzival.9340
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, notebene.3190 said:

Does the fact that it won't recycle junk that comes out of a bag a bug or a design choice?

It seems to be actually both in a weird way.

The fact that existing junk isn't recycled is an obvious design choice to avoid people from shuffling account-bound bags with junk items to a certain character. However if you loot another junk item of the kind you already have in your bags, all items including the existing ones are recycled at the moment.

Another interesting quirk are the junk items from Jadeite Veins that only seem to drop if you don't have a glyph on your mining pick. :classic_cool: Those give 5 slivers if recycled.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheWaternymphHC.1847 said:

The fact that existing junk isn't recycled is an obvious design choice to avoid people from shuffling account-bound bags with junk items to a certain character. However if you loot another junk item of the kind you already have in your bags, all items including the existing ones are recycled at the moment.

Thanks. That's unfortunate. I think I might go post it as a bug anyways. While I don't 'shuffle bags' around, every day I use recyclers that give out bags that have lots of junk, and it would be nice to have those converted. It's not like back in the day we all didn't have a 45th level character we sent all our bags to so they could open them and get the rarer mid-tier mats. 

I was thinking about saving the ones that I know I might get a drop from, or just to go farm a mob to get one so the rest of the stack will recycle, but it's a pain when the official wiki isn't specific enough about something like, say, a Sharp Talon. Yeah, griffons and moas, sure, but what level? I jumped into Brisban Wilds and killed some moas and they dropped Whimpy (sp) Talons, or something, but not sharp ones. So what level is that?

Convenient enough, but a nightmare because it's just not quite that convenient. Put a daily junk from bags cap in. Like 20-25. That covers the bags from the Gleam of Sentience, give or take, on a given day. :classic_sad: 🐼

I'm using it while fishing and gathering since it recycles the cheap fished up junk (already did the collection for those) and eg. dandelion blossoms you get from plant harvesting. If you do a lot of gathering might be handy for you too. Also works outside of Cantha.

Edit: imo the fished junk items should give more slivers since they are worth more than the gathering junk. 16 copper vs 2 copper but both give you one sliver.

Edited by Jukhy.2431