Asur.9178

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@LazerusKI.7485 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@LazerusKI.7485 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:The only thing I am laughing about is how everyone is making a big fuss about about nothing. The biggest nerf in the set is DJ only working on the marked target. But it isn't like 80% of you guys use it anyways LOL!

i hope you see the problem yourself. Rifle was allready garbage.IF DJ would have been changed into a piercing ability, THEN this would make sense...but this? This is just a joke...

TBH most of the people who were running around with rifle deadeye had no clue how to play it. They complain about damage when they don't use the main damaging skill DJ and spam TRB instead. They complain about in combat mobility but don't use Death's Retreat. They complain about survivability when they spec glassy and not let the damage bonuses and self buffs make up for the lack of glass stats.

The issues with rifle are on the player. I have been saying this since day 0.

yeah because the damage from DJ istn that high when you consider its "chargetime". There are other skills on other weapons that deal far more damage. Whats the use of Quickness for example on a Rifle when Malice generation isnt affected by it? Meanwhile its great for Unload spamming, which kills most normal pve enemies after one or two uses without actually wasting energy thanks to the refund it has. Thanks to the recharge of the mark on kill you can profit from all the "on steal" effects as often as you want too.All of that was discussed over and over again, the slow Malice generation, the lack or area attacks or piercing shots, the lack of energy for skills...And all we get is yet another nerf that limits stolen skills and DJ to the marked target?

This is exactly what I am talking about. The Deadeye was meant to be a long ranged burst/support spec. Single target. It wasn't supposed to have AoE or "energy". It wasn't meant to be fast-paced. Yet players seem to think that is how its supposed to work and are having a horrible time with it.

yeah but he cant do that! he has no "longrange burst" because DJ needs malice, malice needs attacks, attacks cause the enemy to run towards you.he has no other "hard hitting skills" besides TRB either since DJ needs time/malice.Pistols are a far better "long range burst" since they can mark - gain quickness, cast unload - gain might and get back initiative. TRB gives 9 might for 6s and costs 4 energy. Unload gives 8 might of 8s costs 5 energy and refunds 2, so its basically cheaper while at the same time it hits for almost the same damage as DJ or even more when you look at it from a dps perspective.If im wrong then please tell me where this "long range burst" is hidden on my rifle, because so far it seems like its hiding on my Pistols

@Asur.9178 said:

• Deadeye Stolen Skills: These skills can now be used while jumping or during skills that jump into the air. Fixed a bug that allowed stolen skills to be wasted by casting them on targets other than your mark. Stolen skills will now always be cast on your mark even if your mark is not your current target.

This is a plus since I like fighting a large mob and it becomes harder to keep track of which mob I've marked.

• Rifle: All rifle skills that fire projectiles will now attempt to face the target before determining if they should activate.

This can be annoying and useful at the same time. When I kite someone, I don't face my target. However, this is useful if I want to use Death's Retreat. Then again, I already know how to position myself, so this change will be more annoying than useful.

• Death's Retreat: Updated the description to indicate that this skill shadowsteps away from your current target. Improved the reliability of shadowstep in areas with complex terrain.

We'll see about that. Until today, many shadowstep skills are still bugged. Ad if they actually succeed on this, hopefully they will extend this to other shadowstep skills.

• Death's Judgment: This skill now only deals its bonus damage to your marked target. Updated skill description.

I always understand that this is what it does already. I never taught that the bonus can be applied to non-marked target.

• Free Action: This skill can now be used to cancel Kneel if the player is sent airborne by an enemy skill. Fixed a bug that could cause this skill to not remove all instances of the listed conditions.

Hmm. Kneel is the problem here. It's a very clunky mechanic.

• Cursed Bullet: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from working with the Rending Shade trait. Boon steal from Rending Shade occurs before boon corruption.

meh. You shouldn't be auto-attacking from stealth nor take Rending Shade with DE. Whoever does this I'm not so sure what they are trying to accomplish. Waste of stealth, waste of revealed, waste of trait slot, and a waste of time.

• Bandit's Defense: The recharge of this skill has been increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.

This should only be a PvP/WvW change.

• Binding Shadow: This skill now performs a range check before activating. Removed range and line-of-sight restrictions from the delayed attack.

Just reduce the casting time. Why does this have to be 3/4s casting time? Elementalist's Cantrip skills are instant cast for crying out loud. They also have a 20% CDR trait.

• Traits
    • Unhindered Combatant: Breaking inhibiting conditions with this trait now causes the thief to lose all endurance regeneration for 4 seconds. Direct endurance gains will still apply the full amount. Swiftness granted by this trait will now occur at the end of the dodge.

Again, this should only be in PvP/WvW. This is not good for PvE when multiple mobs cast a chain immobilization on you. So much for being "Unhindered".

• Improvisation: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working with ammo skills. It now restores 1 use to affected skills.

I thought that was by design, but now it's even better.

• Fire for Effect: Added a 1-second internal cooldown to this trait. This trait now grants might around the player and the marked target regardless of distance, but it can only grant might to the same target once per activation of the trait.

Anyone knows what this means? How is this even necessary?

I always set myself up for disappointment when it comes to Anet's "balancing", and I somehow always end up disappointed in the end anyways, not sure why I bother.

Not only did they basically do nothing to address any of the deadeye's problems, but they seriously nerfed Daredevil in a WvW group setting especially when running it with acrobatics since most of the traits rely on dodging and the sheer volume of cripple/chill in WvW AoE fests will ensure that DD has 0 endurance for the majority of a fight without completely disengaging.

I thought all the endurance trait changes/nerfs and signet of energy nerf with PoF was enough, but apparently not.

As for the Fire for Effect buff(nerf?) they only increased the range to 360, which is an increase of 120 (less than melee range), Compared to PS at 600 which also provides banners. Nobody will stack that hard on DE for the might especially in fractals where you literally can't stack due to agony, in fact without any changes to DE's sustained DPS nobody will even want to run DE in any content in which that might would even matter 10 targets or no.

Anet also needs to lean the difference between a "Balance Patch" and a "Bug fix patch", the former; which since we only get 3 per YEAR should include much more significant changes to traits and skills to bring a class closer inline with others and bring use to unused skills/traits/weapons. Whereas a "Bug Fix" should be pushed as soon as it's ready, waiting weeks/months to push a needed fix just so that you can include it along side a "Balance Patch" (Just to pad out the otherwise very sparse notes lets be honest here) is doing nothing but hurting the game and causing players to lose interest.

This patch was not a "Balance Patch" (for Thief at least) but more of a "Bug Fix Patch".

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

• Fire for Effect: Added a 1-second internal cooldown to this trait. This trait now grants might around the player and the marked target regardless of distance, but it can only grant might to the same target once per activation of the trait.

Anyone knows what this means? How is this even necessary?

It just means that no matter the range, you'll always provide 8 Stacks of Might around yourself and the enemy. Since there's two sources of might (You and your Mark), it's made so that if you hug your mark, you won't be providing 16 stacks of might.

It was necessary because previously if you were inside the marks 600 radius, you wouldn't be providing Might around yourself anymore, just around the mark, which often lead to Might not even applying to yourself unless you were outside the 600 range limit, or within the 240 range of the Mark.

They also upped the Radius from 240, which is nice I guess... Wish It was larger, 360 is still small. They also nerfed the amount and the duration from 10 to 8 stacks, and down from 15 to 12 seconds.

Will people bring Thieves to Raids now? Doubt it.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@LazerusKI.7485 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@LazerusKI.7485 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:The only thing I am laughing about is how everyone is making a big fuss about about nothing. The biggest nerf in the set is DJ only working on the marked target. But it isn't like 80% of you guys use it anyways LOL!

i hope you see the problem yourself. Rifle was allready garbage.IF DJ would have been changed into a piercing ability, THEN this would make sense...but this? This is just a joke...

TBH most of the people who were running around with rifle deadeye had no clue how to play it. They complain about damage when they don't use the main damaging skill DJ and spam TRB instead. They complain about in combat mobility but don't use Death's Retreat. They complain about survivability when they spec glassy and not let the damage bonuses and self buffs make up for the lack of glass stats.

The issues with rifle are on the player. I have been saying this since day 0.

yeah because the damage from DJ istn that high when you consider its "chargetime". There are other skills on other weapons that deal far more damage. Whats the use of Quickness for example on a Rifle when Malice generation isnt affected by it? Meanwhile its great for Unload spamming, which kills most normal pve enemies after one or two uses without actually wasting energy thanks to the refund it has. Thanks to the recharge of the mark on kill you can profit from all the "on steal" effects as often as you want too.All of that was discussed over and over again, the slow Malice generation, the lack or area attacks or piercing shots, the lack of energy for skills...And all we get is yet another nerf that limits stolen skills and DJ to the marked target?

This is exactly what I am talking about. The Deadeye was meant to be a long ranged burst/support spec. Single target. It wasn't supposed to have AoE or "energy". It wasn't meant to be fast-paced. Yet players seem to think that is how its supposed to work and are having a horrible time with it.

I play my Deadeye on boss fights just like you do. I mark then I have to AA until it fills because I can't waste ini on any other skill to use DJ which is not right. Yes, I know it hits hard, but DE need to use other skills besides that in the meantime for charge up which counteracts the way we are supposed to use it by saving ini. That needs to change because it is the sole reason our damage cannot reach 33k like the DD can. We only use one move which is DJ due to ini costs.

As for PvP, I have killed people before, but I wasn't using DJ because they always block reflect at the last second making it useless. I can kill faster with be quick or be killed using 3 round/2round burst because malice is so slow and DJ so block-able.

I don't wait for malice to build up and I still deal shitload of damage. I compensate the damage:ini ratio with Improv, FFE, RFI and Mercy so I can essentially spam DJ to great effect. Just two malice boosts DJ by 36% which is enough to hit 5 digits crits. And it is easy enough to get at the start a rotation with Revealed Malice. I don't even touch the other skills unless I am kiting or breaking a bar.

1. Damage on Rifle needs to be increased to be on par with other available weapons.
  2. Malice gain/generation needs to be improved, if our damage stays the same, we need Malice to fill up a lot quicker.
  3. Malice needs to give benefit to the other skills on Rifle as well, not just #4 Kneel, but ALL OF THEM.
  4. The Immob/Cripple on #2 and #2 Kneel is nice, but the duration is short, I would like to see a duration increase - OR - a push back, like the Rangers, "Point blank shot". to help maintain, distance. (Yes you can use #4, but when you're trying to pool Ini for #4 Kneel, you are stuck using AA spam ect.)
  5. I feel #3 and #3 Kneel need to have the same Initiative return mechanic, that you have with Unload (P/P) this would allow these skills being used more frequently, and allow you to follow up with a #4 Kneel, w/o the fear of running dry and being put back into, "Pea Shooter" mode.
  6. Certain Traits need to be added/changed, because I feel that when we Kneel we could use a defense mechanic (We're very vulnerable/squishy.) such as additional Toughness while kneeled?

All in all, I feel pretty weak, and outside of our, "One trick pony" (#4 Kneel) the Rifle and it's damage feel very underwhelming, and not anywhere on par with the other new elite and current elite specs.

Please Anet.

@Odokuro.5049 said:

1. Damage on Rifle needs to be increased to be on par with other available weapons.
  2. Malice gain/generation needs to be improved, if our damage stays the same, we need Malice to fill up a lot quicker.
  3. Malice needs to give benefit to the other skills on Rifle as well, not just #4 Kneel, but ALL OF THEM.
  4. The Immob/Cripple on #2 and #2 Kneel is nice, but the duration is short, I would like to see a duration increase - OR - a push back, like the Rangers, "Point blank shot". to help maintain, distance. (Yes you can use #4, but when you're trying to pool Ini for #4 Kneel, you are stuck using AA spam ect.)
  5. I feel #3 and #3 Kneel need to have the same Initiative return mechanic, that you have with Unload (P/P) this would allow these skills being used more frequently, and allow you to follow up with a #4 Kneel, w/o the fear of running dry and being put back into, "Pea Shooter" mode.
  6. Certain Traits need to be added/changed, because I feel that when we Kneel we could use a defense mechanic (We're very vulnerable/squishy.) such as additional Toughness while kneeled?

All in all, I feel pretty weak, and outside of our, "One trick pony" (#4 Kneel) the Rifle and it's damage feel very underwhelming, and not anywhere on par with the other new elite and current elite specs.

Please Anet.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I seriously they will do any of that at this point. If it was, it would have been this patch, so my suggestion. Just give up on A-net and move on. They are becoming not worth my time anymore if they continue at this rate with how they balance things. Like I said, at least reaper got some love after 2 years, so maybe DE will after 2 years as well.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@Asur.9178 said:
  • Cursed Bullet: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from working with the Rending Shade trait. Boon steal from Rending Shade occurs before boon corruption.

meh. You shouldn't be auto-attacking from stealth nor take Rending Shade with DE. Whoever does this I'm not so sure what they are trying to accomplish. Waste of stealth, waste of revealed, waste of trait slot, and a waste of time.

Curse Bullet is free and can hit them over there while you're moving over here even though you fired from back there and can land right about when you close distance. With Rending Shade it should open people up, still not sure I want to take it over Cloaked in Shadow right now but I'm going to see what it can do tonight.

Skills

• Bugfix
  • Bugfix
  • Bugfix
  • Nerf
  • Bugfix
  • Bugfix
  • Nerf
  • Bugfix
  • Bugfix

Traits

• Minor Buff
  • Heavy Nerf
  • Bugfix
  • Tooltip
  • Tooltip
  • Bugfix
  • Nerf in potency, buff in utility.

Nerfs Phalanx Strength to get more classes for might generation.Nerfs might generation of other classes.

I have no idea what they're thinking. Thieves were somewhat underpowered as it stood, and all that Anet has done is hurt them even more. Unhindered Combatant is now worse than a regular dodge, and to compensate for that Bandit's Defense has a longer cooldown. Meanwhile other classes are barely touched in their power output. Anet fails to realize that nerfing Phalanx Strength is just going to make people bring more warriors, because they still have the highest DPS out of all of the buffer builds. A support deadeye simply cannot compete.

The stuff around UC makes me more angry every second I think about it.There is only the following possibilities. The people who took this decision either:a) do not understand the current reality of movement impairing conditions in the game and ease with which they are spammed,b) do not play gw2,c) are idiots.Take your pick. I'm open for debate which is worse.

@Ysmir.4986 said:The stuff around UC makes me more angry every second I think about it.There is only the following possibilities. The people who took this decision either:a) do not understand the current reality of movement impairing conditions in the game and ease with which they are spammed,b) do not play gw2,c) are idiots.Take your pick. I'm open for debate which is worse.

Im angry too -.- The bigget shit nerf ever made

@Ysmir.4986 said:The stuff around UC makes me more angry every second I think about it.There is only the following possibilities. The people who took this decision either:a) do not understand the current reality of movement impairing conditions in the game and ease with which they are spammed,b) do not play gw2,c) are idiots.Take your pick. I'm open for debate which is worse.

d)... they are Squishy WvW/PvP players and everytime thief kill them, salt comes out of they eyes...

I am, uh, a bit confused. The patch notes start with "fixed bugs that hindered Deadeye to reach the full potential". In the end, they fixed the only bug that felt good (Death's Judgement malice on all targets) and actually hindered the potential of Deadeye by this... Then I read: Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, Nerf. Direct or indirect. They fixed the tooltips for clarify how bad this profession for potentially interested players is and .. then I hit the end of the thief section. So, under the line, Deadeye got nerfed. The "difficult terrain" using Rifle Standing 4 will surely still happen, and the "will face targets" is a joke, that should have never gone on live servers in the first place.

So in the end, Deadeye got nerfed and the bad spots untouched. Eh, fine. I love this profession still, but I have to admit I am underwhelmed a lot.
Not sure how to express my feelings properly, since I am a hardcore Deadeye fan I am kind of biased, but I feel ripped off a lot. There is so much feedback and the only thing we get is basically like reading trough tax forms: Pay, pay, pay and reduced services at the same time. And I am not even playing PvP, so ye...

z1yshfx.jpgWhy should the average player go for Deadeye now?

@Zedek.8932 said:I am, uh, a bit confused. The patch notes start with "fixed bugs that hindered Deadeye to reach the full potential". In the end, they fixed the only bug that felt good (Death's Judgement malice on all targets) and actually hindered the potential of Deadeye by this... Then I read: Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, Nerf, Nerf. Direct or indirect. They fixed the tooltips for clarify how bad this profession for potentially interested players is and .. then I hit the end of the thief section. So, under the line, Deadeye got nerfed. The "difficult terrain" using Rifle Standing 4 will surely still happen, and the "will face targets" is a joke, that should have never gone on live servers in the first place.

So in the end, Deadeye got nerfed and the bad spots untouched. Eh, fine. I love this profession still, but I have to admit I am underwhelmed a lot.

Not sure how to express my feelings properly, since I am a hardcore Deadeye fan I am kind of biased, but I feel ripped off a lot. There is so much feedback and the only thing we get is basically like reading trough tax forms: Pay, pay, pay and reduced services at the same time. And I am not even playing PvP, so ye...

z1yshfx.jpgWhy should the average player go for Deadeye now?

only reason i can see is abusing the mark-recasting to spam other abilities while ignoring the rifle completely.

Tl;dr:Minor Buffs:2Neutral Changes:3Minor Nerfs:1Regular Nerfs:1Major Nerfs:1Bugfixes:6Tooltip fixes:3

Well.... ok. I don't think the bugfixes are going to be enough to put Deadeye where they think it should be. They should have moved some of the damage nerf from Beta-3RB to the auto attacks at least. Nerfs to Daredevil to make Deadeye more appealing were probably too heavy-handed. Overall, not a great balance patch for thief. Most of this could have probably been dropped at the same time as the necro/war bugfixes a couple of weeks ago, but then over 50% of our balance patch would be gone and 38% of the remaining changes would be nerfs.

• Skills
    • Deadeye Stolen Skills: These skills can now be used while jumping or during skills that jump into the air. Fixed a bug that allowed stolen skills to be wasted by casting them on targets other than your mark. Stolen skills will now always be cast on your mark even if your mark is not your current target.

Did it not activate on an opponent if you were targeting something else? If it didn't, I guess this is a QoL buff. If it did, this is a nerf, not being able to use one stolen skill on another player in a teamfight.

Neutral change

• Rifle: All rifle skills that fire projectiles will now attempt to face the target before determining if they should activate.

Bugfix

• Death's Retreat: Updated the description to indicate that this skill shadowsteps away from your current target. Improved the reliability of shadowstep in areas with complex terrain.

Bugfix

• Death's Judgment: This skill now only deals its bonus damage to your marked target. Updated skill description.

Probably a necessary nerf in function to keep from having to nerf damage to useless levels.

• Free Action: This skill can now be used to cancel Kneel if the player is sent airborne by an enemy skill. Fixed a bug that could cause this skill to not remove all instances of the listed conditions.

Bugfix

Bugfix

• Bandit's Defense: The recharge of this skill has been increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds.

Nerf

• Binding Shadow: This skill now performs a range check before activating. Removed range and line-of-sight restrictions from the delayed attack.

QoL Adjustment/Neutral Change

• Shadow Meld: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being recognized as an elite skill for the purposes of some rune effects.

Bugfix

• Traits
    • Expeditious Dodger: Swiftness granted by this trait will now occur at the end of the dodge.

QoL change/minor buff

• Unhindered Combatant: Breaking inhibiting conditions with this trait now causes the thief to lose all endurance regeneration for 4 seconds. Direct endurance gains will still apply the full amount. Swiftness granted by this trait will now occur at the end of the dodge.

Major Nerf

• Improvisation: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from working with ammo skills. It now restores 1 use to affected skills.

Bugfix

• Renewing Gaze: Updated the text description for clarity.

Tool tip fix

• Don't Stop: Removed the erroneous cooldown skill fact.

Tool tip fix

• Perfectionist: Updated the description to clarify that boons are only gained when reaching full malice stacks. Gaining malice while at full malice stacks will not trigger this trait. Removed internal cooldown.

Tool tip fix/minor buff

• Fire for Effect: Added a 1-second internal cooldown to this trait. This trait now grants might around the player and the marked target regardless of distance, but it can only grant might to the same target once per activation of the trait. Might applied has been reduced from 10 stacks for 15 seconds to 8 stacks for 12 seconds. Increased might application radius from 240 to 360.

Neutral change

Don't get me wrong at all, I am using Rifle on my Deadeye since it came out the Hunter is glued to my Asura's back. And, even if I might repeat myself there, this profession is made for me, as I enjoy sitting in corners and snipe people in other games (Splinter Cell, Dishonoured, ...). And yes, I also know what Zacchary meant: People expected pew-pew-pew-pew with Deadeye, which is unrealistic. I've seen only 3 Deadeyes in those 2 months. And guess how I figured out? The sound of bursts being fired. "Pa-Pew. Pa-Pew-Pew". You only see me firing in bursts when I know the target dies soon or when I have to be mobile. But these Deadeys just press WASD and 3. 3.3.3.

I didn't pay 100% attention, but I would bet €100 I haven't seen a Deadeye kneeling so far. Or the obvious laser pointer. They are in close range and hurt my ears and make me frown with permanent 2-burst fire.

Maybe it is because I am used to play solo/stealth games but I look for good spots, then jump up there with my Springer and then kneel and giving out usually Deadly DJs. It's fun and the pure joy to me to kneel, making the NPC nervous while they tro find a path to attack me when I just let rain bullets down on them and finish the biggest of them off with a maximum malice Death's Judgement. When someone's coming close, I so far managed to get myself out of these situation by Death's Retreat or by engaging melee combat with Daggers (with lifesteal signet). That is the pure joy, that is what I hoped I would get and I got it. And I think I am playing the class the way it is supposed to be.

But I still feel it's a bit lacking. I can't put my fingers on it, but I expected some polishing. Bug fixes here and there can be considered as polishing, but... Maybe if we would get more range, especially in the Z-axis. Sniping further down or up. Not sure. Deadeye does not feel super sniper-ish (in German it's "Scharfschütze" - Sniper) when we are just at par with the other not-so-sniper'ish professions. Maybe it's that. If we get increased range on kneeling, or shots that do not go off in case the environment is blocking it (I mean, if we have perfect aim (literally: dead eye) why would I see "obstructed"?) then I am fine. But it feels like ArenaNet swung the nerf bat but forgot to give us the promised goodies...

Excelsior and good night.

Feline Grace, Endless Stamina, the boon Vigor, and a major distinctive mechanic of Guild Wars 2 - Endurance/Dodging (Gaining Endurance back)

All of these rendered useless for 4 seconds - just because you pressed your dodge key while 1 of 3 conditions is on you (which every profession has access to one or more of on pretty much every build).

"Unhindered Combatant: Breaking inhibiting conditions with this trait now causes the thief to lose all endurance regeneration for 4 seconds. Direct endurance gains will still apply the full amount. Swiftness granted by this trait will now occur at the end of the dodge."

This trait basically nerfs you, LMAO!

<-- looking at Thief Change logHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Im beginning to wonder does anyone on @net actually play Thief (especially on Deadeye Rifle Spec) since everything they does right now is fixing the bug while Actually nerf the Rifle that is already underpowered.

Oh well, time to ditch perfectionist and go BQBK all the way then

Im annoyed that we did not get piercing, there are allot of pets, torrents and shit all over the place that prevent the abilities to hit the target that it is not even funny...specialy hunters... the pet is ALWAYS in the way making it impossible to kill the hunter... and IF you do manage to land some shots they just get immune for what feels like 3 days and either you die or run away cuz you wasted all your init, cd's and utilities on his pet...

also the annoyed by the fact that scourge still dominates PvP by face rolling and killing 4 ppl without even knowing how they did it...

imo this was more a hotfix then a balance patch cuz balance wise nothing changed...

Archived