I didn't know mechanist was a viable support class.

Axl.8924

I saw someone raiding with mechanist i didn't recognize the class at all because well i only played for like 5 mins tops and didn't recognize it. How good is the actual support its able to do?

Edited by Axl.8924

• Axl.8924 changed the title to I didn't know mechanist was a viable support class.

if your full magi+rebirth runes, you can reaplece a healer, and get pair with qfb spaming 1030 barrier per hit (perm 5k barrier)

You racher migrate dmg then heal, but you have healing options that with max healing stats work rly well

When i tested it worked effective on t4 fractals (with qfb/qharbringer as you missing stab)

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430

I'm curious... how does mechanist bring "less" heal than scrapper? Scrapper doesn't have anything in its kit that heals besides med gyro (swapped for med kit) and bandage self? I guess bandage self is a slight burst heal with the inventions line but that's not very much.

1 hour ago, Tulki.1458 said:

I'm curious... how does mechanist bring "less" heal than scrapper? Scrapper doesn't have anything in its kit that heals besides med gyro (swapped for med kit) and bandage self? I guess bandage self is a slight burst heal with the inventions line but that's not very much.

Neither Mechanist nor Scrapper have any extra healing baked in on top of engineer's core healing, so the fact that Bandage blast and as a result the actual healing skill (for trait procs) is removed on one of them is a significant difference.

But as was mentioned before, Mechanist compensates with group barrier in this sense.

It would be alternative to a Renegade. It could be a good partner for the Condi Quickbrand, since Mechanist effectively covers everything the Firebrand doesn't, and since the blocks were nerfed, the barriers are a good alternative.

I would imagine Heal Mechanist + Condi Quickbrand would be easier to play then the other way around since it'd be better to use the Firebrand for damage. But either should work.

Though to be honest, what would Renegade do better than Mechanist? Damage and protection uptime? I just think having a Mechanist would be easier for most groups, but I can't really say since I haven't done any difficult pve with the new classes.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

11 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

It would be alternative to a Renegade. It could be a good partner for the Condi Quickbrand, since Mechanist effectively covers everything the Firebrand doesn't, and since the blocks were nerfed, the barriers are a good alternative.

I would imagine Heal Mechanist + Condi Quickbrand would be easier to play then the other way around since it'd be better to use the Firebrand for damage. But either should work.

Though to be honest, what would Renegade do better than Mechanist? Damage and protection uptime? I just think having a Mechanist would be easier for most groups, but I can't really say since I haven't done any difficult pve with the new classes.

Exactly, the meta is now Heal Mech + Quick Brand. You have everything!

On 3/8/2022 at 12:14 PM, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

-Decent barrier generation

-Alacrity proc on barrier

-Good fury and might source

-100% uptime on regen and vigor with the right gear

Overall Mechanist is more of an offensive support that brings less heal than scrapper but compensate with its barrier. 

how is it healing less than scrapper? unlike scrapper it brings a healing mod and barrier. You lose the f1 burstheal but gain 2 strong barrier bursts + a 20% regen mod.

Its a better healer than scrapper. it has the boon ouput of old chaos chrono minus the quickness.

9 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

how is it healing less than scrapper? unlike scrapper it brings a healing mod and barrier. You lose the f1 burstheal but gain 2 strong barrier bursts + a 20% regen mod.

Its a better healer than scrapper. it has the boon ouput of old chaos chrono minus the quickness.

Because barrier is not technically healing. It is an excess of HP. If a boss puts everyone at 10%, Scrapper will be able to put everyone back to 100% in a few seconds whereas Mechanist will grants barrier while slowly healing you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Because barrier is not technically healing. It is an excess of HP. If a boss puts everyone at 10%, Scrapper will be able to put everyone back to 100% in a few seconds whereas Mechanist will grants barrier while slowly healing you. 

You lack f1 medical dispersion field heal and nothing else. You can still burst heal with every other skill. I did vg solo heal with it and was able to heal the full squad back to 100% in like 3seconds. wouldnt call that slow healing.

On 3/8/2022 at 8:14 PM, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

-Decent barrier generation

-Alacrity proc on barrier

-Good fury and might source

-100% uptime on regen and vigor with the right gear

Overall Mechanist is more of an offensive support that brings less heal than scrapper but compensate with its barrier. 

I’m doing about 10 - 11k DPS with a setup that provides that.

I’m wondering if that’s good though? Is there a way to improve it even more?