Meta + Strike Missions = Turtle. No thank you.

I think in short, 50% of the playerbase would not like to see mounts and OW story items restricted behind Raids and Strikes. But it's hard to have a balance that fits everyone, but it is do-able. 

As for the Meta... well..

My personal view after beating DE is that it needs another minute or two on the timer.

If it was up to me it would be so different.

The Meta would have been handled just like Dragons Response missions seen in the late part of IBS.

A "free-for-all" with the boss difficulty scaled down fairly to the number of active participants in the instance. 

The pre-events would have been the first instance, the second would have then been opened up for the boss fight itself.

The tokens gained for it would go towards the early collection, instead of just buying random fish and fruit from an NPC or farming it.

--

On a side note:

A much harder version of the boss battle with Soo-Wan (a mix of the story version and Meta)  should have been available for Raids with bonus items for new armor or raid and strike specific gifts, for those who seek the challenge.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Trying to "correct" people's "perspectives" again, I see, and telling them how they are supposed to think, feel, etc.

Learn to accept people's feelings, thoughts and opinions. You can share yours, but stop feeling entitled to be the authority on other people's inner lives.

Feel free to address the contents of my posts instead of trying to make these personal remarks in order to deal with the grudges you hold against me by digging out 2-week old posts for some reason, thank you.

And if you read the post you've quoted, I never said anything about him not being able to have his opinions, instead it was about not trying to present his opinions/feelings as someone elses.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

2 minutes ago, Wolfhound.4381 said:

I still haven't finished the story and stuff like this makes me less inclined to even do that. Wishing I hadn't bothered with this expansion.

Maybe try the strike mission first before you complain. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

27 minutes ago, ReV.6097 said:

On a side note:

A much harder version of the boss battle with Soo-Wan (a mix of the story version and Meta)  should have been available for Raids with bonus items for new armor or raid and strike specific gifts, for those who seek the challenge.

Your joking right?

4 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

I think the people saying the strike is fine for the mount are the same ones that couldn't press F to gather a few mats for the skyscale  and Anet caved and gave them different ways to get their stacks. 

This sounds completely baseless.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

5 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

I think the people saying the strike is fine for the mount are the same ones that couldn't press F to gather a few mats for the skyscale  and Anet caved and gave them different ways to get their stacks. 

It is unfair to promote a mount as a main feature only to find you won't be able to complete it. It is unfair to then diss said people by saying everything is fine when for some it isn't.

why shouldn't there be multiply ways to get something? There was multiple ways to get things for the skyscale and that was ok? 

well i completed skyscale.....hated all the running around but it was worth the effort

I completed the turtle....didn't have much of an issue with the strike and actually hated the fight with the fish more.

Seriously it's an MMO.....if you expect everything to just be handed to you without having to put in any sort of effort to obtain it your playing the wrong Genre of games

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

5 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

It is unfair to promote a mount as a main feature only to find you won't be able to complete it. It is unfair to then diss said people by saying everything is fine when for some it isn't.

why shouldn't there be multiply ways to get something? There was multiple ways to get things for the skyscale and that was ok? 

well i completed skyscale.....hated all the running around but it was worth the effort

I completed the turtle....didn't have much of an issue with the strike and actually hated the fight with the fish more.

Seriously it's an MMO.....if you expect everything to just be handed to you without having to put in any sort of effort to obtain it your playing the wrong Genre of games

• Like 4
  • Confused 8

3 hours ago, Peterson.5172 said:

On the bright side, playing candy crush is an option regardless of the existance of gw2 or any other game.

Also:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/arenanet-studio-update-the-future-of-guild-wars-2/

This long-term focus is paying off—we’re seeing incredible growth in the community. In fact, the number of active Guild Wars 2 players has more than doubled over the last three years. This growth has helped Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons outsell our previous expansion, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire. Not bad for a game getting ready to celebrate its 10th anniversary.

Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

20 hours ago, Morrighan.2758 said:

I understand completely , that i have supported this game for years , and some people would prefer , or not prefer harder content. I tried the meta , i tried the strike several times and of course failed . I understand what you are saying , and what i am saying is i am not capable , i have wet macular degeneration and have eye injections every 3 months , and up till now i  have thoroughly enjoyed this game, never questioned the expansion or the company . I understand very well , i am not the demographic that ANET is trying to sell to anymore . So you are indeed correct , i am part of this problem . That is why i will only be playing , single player games from now on. Will not continue to support this company , because i am not capable of the content , and it is not because i didn't try , it is because i am not capable , and i know it , I try to stay positive every single day with my condition, i do the very best i can , people reminding me i am not capable , does not help me , it makes me dis powered when i know i will eventually go blind , i do not want your sympathy or anyone else's , all i ask is for understanding . Its not always about a mount it is about a game i used to be able to have fun and play on since HOT , now i have wasted my money , and cannot have fun on this game anymore , and fun was the reason i was playing. So you are correct , but do not ever address me as toxic , i understand you, i hear you , have the common courtesy to at least hear me, better still understand me .

I saw a video of Teapot interviewing people with disabilities and how they feel they are left out of the game. But they also talked about doing hard content. I think one even said he did Dhuum CM. I havent even done Dhuum yet.  I have issues with my left hand. So i use a mouse with like 20 functions on it (not Macros) to do my rotations. It took some getting used to. But it works for me. There is still single player content out there. You can still play. If you want to do something and get better at it, you will find a way. as for going blind though. I do not know how you can game with that condition. Take a look at this gamer!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

This long-term focus is paying off—we’re seeing incredible growth in the community. In fact, the number of active Guild Wars 2 players has more than doubled over the last three years. This growth has helped Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons outsell our previous expansion, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire. Not bad for a game getting ready to celebrate its 10th anniversary.

yes, from 3 years of metas you can spam 1 and win with

• Confused 4

42 minutes ago, BloodRavenz.6084 said:

You are telling ME I am expecting things to be handed to me? Seriously? I think you are talking to the wrong kind of player.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

So you never read all the threads on how grindly the skyscale is then?

You said that you think these are the same people, not that "there were complaints about x and now there are complaints about y". These are two different claims. For one, I'm saying strikes are fine here and I wasn't pushing for some different method acquisition for skyscale. In fact, I understood -and specifically wrote about it- that skyscale was and is also an optional reward, which people can just not go for if they don't want to. So, again, what you've said there seems completely baseless.

At no point in my last point I've said anything about "there being no complaints about skyscale", so tbh I'm not sure what your response is directed at.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, BloodRavenz.6084 said:

your whining because you have to do a single boss fight (strike mission)

so yeah....i am talking about you

i am truly honoured.  But let's put some perspective here. I just farmed my 43rd legendary - one of the new ones to be exact - didn't use a credit card farmed it. I do not expect things to be handed to me.

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You said that you think these are the same people, not that "there were complaints about x and now there are complaints about y". These are two different claims.

Well it seems that way. 

However trolling aside i haven't said i'm not doing the strike., so wind your neck in.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

The droprate for the collection is apparently not 100%. There are people that had to try several times to get theirs.

That sucks, and should be changed then. 

I wonder who thought an rng drop was worth it there?

Edited by yann.1946
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

I say that the strike is fine for the mount and I did everything on my own while working on skyscale. So why do you think, that these people are the same? What proof do you have? 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Dami.5046 said:

Well it seems that way. 

However trolling aside i haven't said i'm not doing the strike., so wind your neck in.

I never said you've said anything like that. Please, when you quote a post, try responding to its contents instead of trying to claim I said something I didn't (and conversly: trying to pretend you've said something else than you initially did).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I never said you've said anything like that. Please, when you quote a post, try responding to its contents instead of trying to claim I said something I didn't (and conversly: trying to pretend you've said something else than you initially did).

So who's trolling who here?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2