After 10 years of Guild Wars 2

No more this needs to stop . for 10 years the choice of balance for arena net and the comunity was nerf nerf nerf - remove options - restrict builds - ruin speccs - change how classes play against theyr counters mostly in the negative way - and thats just NOT healthy for competitive pvping - want more competition ? add more options - buff underpowered classes - the less options available in a pvp meta the more destructive oppressive and powerfull the meta that comes out of those nerfing and restrictive balance changes WILL be !! - example - once upon a time there were builds named decap - pure bunkers - where they would through cc force a point decap - the choice of balance for that isue was to completly remove sustain through out the board and defencive amulets - in theyr entierty . where it would be much more healthy to chance the base rules a bit - like when a point is contested for 2 or more players of difrent teams and its on its neutral stage - both teams gain points per tick from it -or also along with that change the time it needs to flip if it is contected frequently - that would mean those said decap builds would get more value out of defending a point rather than decap one - also want for tanks to be less strong ? why nerf them ? give offencive builds more options - be it in stat alocations - or through runes - sigils - hell you could add a whole new layer to the pvp scene with an added passive effect tree - much like how wvw has with its ranks - come one arena net - it has been a decade trying to balance this abandoned shitfest of a gamemode with little to no success ..... you have ruined the server lobby by intruducing public arena - you have reduced front line speccs in to back line supports - you have restricted the game to the point of one allready knowing what theyr oponent will use based only on what class icon they see during the game start up counter - and if they dont ? chances are they are getting stomped so hard you dont care ! - its about time to have a change in this - a possitive change - a constructive change - move the mode forward in a fun experimental way - stop trying to shoehorn meta's like the pvp scene is just a cart runing on rails ! it has been prooven time and time again through out this decade of guild wars 2 that this does NOT work - and it only drives players away from the mode

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

You need to learn about whitespace, my guy

Correct, but it isn't going to change though. The game's omeganerfed and people are still occasionally asking for it to be slowed down more, asking for bunker meta through their nerf and buff requests without the foresight to see that while bunker meta means they'll never die it also means they'll never beat anyone or do anything of substance in a match. 

Embrace it. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Honestly ? after a decade almost of enduring it in silence i refuse to embrace it any longer . i refuse to stand and wait for what ever comes my way being passive . i REFUSE to let heart of the mists to degrade any further - i REFUSE  to let the vocal minority to dictate how i spent my time in pvp - i REFUSE  to be strongarmed to meta's as if the mode is on rails! i belive i speak for most of the veteran players that started guild wars 2 during its release when i state that : guild wars 2 choice of balance ? the constant nerf hammers ? the concept of introducing something cool and inovating mechanic in new specs only to shread them up with constant nerfs . wile also never adding anything new to the pvp scene . exept for restrictions - it has been an infuriatin roller coaster to see your favorite game mode being left to rott away. Wile also being practicly strongarmed to blindly follow any meta that comes up if you want to be even REMOTELY close to competitive with it in any way shape or form

Edited by SKASEPOUSTH.1628
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

i could answer that with another question . why after investing so much time and money in a game such as this Be silent about the BS that has been going on in that said game ? Why try to ignore a problem that is known through out the player base ? Why not point it out and try to fix it ? why not strive to have something better than a semi placeholder mode ? "Oh some player are dealing with it so should you !" that is not acceptable anymore . SHOULD not be acceptable . Living in denyal is never the correct cource of action . Especialy when it has to do with an activity in wich you spend your time and money.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, LuRkEr.9462 said:

I just can't read the way OP types. random capitals, spaces between punctuation, walls of test. 

Obviously upset about pvp balance though.

Dislexia exists - deal with it !! Also english not being the original language i learned how to speak and type play's a factor - i am self taught ! Through sheer practice .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Here's the problem in the game quite bluntly: mobility and the insistance that we need abilities that instantly teleport 1200 range and break stuns thus granting you zero risk against over 80% of possible builds in the game.

It's almost as if the development team has forgotten that this game actually has melee options and because of that, there should not be excessive mobility as the majority of potential melee builds do not have access to many forms of mobility, permanent super speed and swiftness are a whole other issue on top of this too.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

Here's the problem in the game quite bluntly: mobility and the insistance that we need abilities that instantly teleport 1200 range and break stuns thus granting you zero risk against over 80% of possible builds in the game.

It's almost as if the development team has forgotten that this game actually has melee options and because of that, there should not be excessive mobility as the majority of potential melee builds do not have access to many forms of mobility, permanent super speed and swiftness are a whole other issue on top of this too.

Not to mention minimal condition cleanse present in the utility slots . I mean  conditions were ment to be exactly that - conditions to your gameplay - not DOT semi oneshot bursts !

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

No one is forcing you to play meta. There are plenty of people in plat running their own builds and doing fine. If you arent going to play what you enjoy then why go through the chore?

If it was a bad game from the start, things would be different.

Gw2 PvP is probably has the best MMO combat with the typical terribad MMO balance.

Nobody wants to pay money for and invest countless hours, even years into a game just to be told:

"Hey, remember how you were having fun playing our game? Well, that's too bad because we've removed your favorite amulet, nerfed your favorite skills, and increased the CD of every button in your arsenal to upwards of 30 seconds."

After 10 years, and the dumping of countless liquid assets on IKEA furniture and Welsh clogs in the gem store, just quitting isn't all that appealing to some people. Understandably so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

If it was a bad game from the start, things would be different.

Gw2 PvP is probably has the best MMO combat with the typical terribad MMO balance.

Nobody wants to pay money for and invest countless hours, even years into a game just to be told:

"Hey, remember how you were having fun playing our game? Well, that's too bad because we've removed your favorite amulet, nerfed your favorite skills, and increased the CD of every button in your arsenal to upwards of 30 seconds."

After 10 years, and the dumping of countless liquid assets on IKEA furniture and Welsh clogs in the gem store, just quitting isn't all that appealing to some people. Understandably so.

Huh maybe we should rename the Nerf hammer in to -> FunNotAllowedhammer

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SKASEPOUSTH.1628 said:

Huh maybe we should rename the Nerf hammer in to -> FunNotAllowedhammer

I see little difference between the two, personally.

The Nerf Hammer is the NoFunAllowedHammer, just with a better ring to the name.

It is the Hammer CmC wielded when he defeated the barbarian tribes of the North by boring them to death. Yes, I speak both true and historically.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I see little difference between the two, personally.

The Nerf Hammer is the NoFunAllowedHammer, just with a better ring to the name.

It is the Hammer CmC wielded when he defeated the barbarian tribes of the North by boring them to death. Yes, I speak both true and historically.

fair enough 

You want tanks back and offer that the attackers should get more damage back. Soon, if your wish is granted, you will be back asking to nerf their damage. And, then for a while you will be a unbustable tank. NO. History won't be repeating itself....or perhaps it will, just play any of the whinefest EOD specs for now, and enjoy.

10 hours ago, Gundam Style.8495 said:

You want tanks back and offer that the attackers should get more damage back. Soon, if your wish is granted, you will be back asking to nerf their damage. And, then for a while you will be a unbustable tank. NO. History won't be repeating itself....or perhaps it will, just play any of the whinefest EOD specs for now, and enjoy.

What im asking is for build variety ! and making pvp exiting again !- think about it - why both pve and wvw keep getting new stuff to play with ? be it siege options , build options , stat alocation options . REWORKED MAPS . bonus build layers in the form of ( masteries in pve) and wvw ranks for wvw - yet pvp ranks are ? basicly a timer for your next random chest reward ! . or how about idk new modes ? within this decade all we have gotten was conquest / stronghold . 2v2 / 3v3 ( and conquet was allways there to begin with ) for 10 years of time ?>.> am i the only one nthinking and feeling as if pvp is just left there on degrading life support >.>

39 minutes ago, SKASEPOUSTH.1628 said:

What im asking is for build variety ! and making pvp exiting again !- think about it - why both pve and wvw keep getting new stuff to play with ? be it siege options , build options , stat alocation options . REWORKED MAPS . bonus build layers in the form of ( masteries in pve) and wvw ranks for wvw - yet pvp ranks are ? basicly a timer for your next random chest reward ! . or how about idk new modes ? within this decade all we have gotten was conquest / stronghold . 2v2 / 3v3 ( and conquet was allways there to begin with ) for 10 years of time ?>.> am i the only one nthinking and feeling as if pvp is just left there on degrading life support >.>

HAHAHA

i like the part where you think that WvW has gotten new content xD

Honestly... every PvPer should just lean back and sip some tea...

Spvp has gotten !!!TWO!!!! Balance patches in the last 2 weeks... after almost 2 years of complete silence. For real! in the last 2 weeks there has been more movement regarding balancing then we have seen in the last 2 YEARS. They are at it buddy. just hold on tight. 😘

Edited by Sahne.6950

36 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

HAHAHA

i like the part where you think that WvW has gotten new content xD

Honestly... every PvPer should just lean back and sip some tea...

Spvp has gotten !!!TWO!!!! Balance patches in the last 2 weeks... after almost 2 years of complete silence. For real! in the last 2 weeks there has been more movement regarding balancing then we have seen in the last 2 YEARS. They are at it buddy. just hold on tight. 😘

So we are suposed to think now days that them devs changing up some values in a spread sheet for "balance " is actual content ? ....---sigh- sheesh have some standards for your time and money investment !!! and most likely Horible balance at that if they are about to follow theyr allready established cource of action in terms of "balancing"

41 minutes ago, SKASEPOUSTH.1628 said:

So we are suposed to think now days that them devs changing up some values in a spread sheet for "balance " is actual content ? ....---sigh- sheesh have some standards for your time and money investment !!!

nope changing values is not new content. But it helps to achieve the build variety that you mentioned. i was referring to that.

Buuutt.. am i the only one that has noticed that they finally discovered that there is a gamemode called PvP? They seem to have forgotten, never mentioned it in 2 years, but in the recent 2 weeks there has been a change.. idk maybe its just me.

What would you wish them to do? New gamemode? They did that and everyone hated it. A new map would be nice but i guess you wont be satisfied by that. You are just SOO negative....  Please state what you want them to do.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufo.3716 said:

PvP is dead.  Just live with it and go to PvE or uninstall.

That tone - that mentality - this quote - is not acceptable . Guild Wars 2 was originaly a pay to play . Plus expancions . That is buying a product , a service . If PvE is "alive" so should "WvW" and if WvW is alive so should PvP. all of them are part of what Arena Net was selling with this game . And for your information PvP is not dead . its on Life support for a wile now . You claiming that its allready dead shows how little you know about it , or how little you care about it