MOX skin for Jade Mech

Veka.8710

1 hour ago, Dracomet.3648 said:

You people posting this now, you remind me of the first couple months people begging for mount skins when PoF first launched.

just be patient. Your flashy rainbow sparkles 2000 gem mech skin will be here by June.

I'm not being impatient, I didn't say they had to do it now, lmao. I'm saying if they could please.

• Like 2

I'd love to see this, I miss MOX. I know that the Jade Mech can't receive Asura golem skins because their racials summon golems as well but definitely skins like MOX and such should be made available so that there can be more race/nostalgia specific class fantasy to mechanist!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Stx.4857 said:

I really wish we could get different skins for our mech.  I'm just not feeling the jade mechs.  They look so out of place anywhere but in Cantha zones.

It's worst when you see a bunch of them in one place, I like their design but outside of Cantha it's really just a loud and obnoxious design. I won't die from it but it would also be nice not to be restricted to it.

20 hours ago, Rosiep.9128 said:

I'd love to see this, I miss MOX. I know that the Jade Mech can't receive Asura golem skins because their racials summon golems as well but definitely skins like MOX and such should be made available so that there can be more race/nostalgia specific class fantasy to mechanist!

MOX would be a great choice, I was kind of dissapointed when they brought him back just be a jukebox, maybe this way we can get some mini sidequests line and learn about his time from Gw1 to Gw2 abit more.

19 hours ago, Xenash.1245 said:

An iron legion type of mech would be nice, or just something of that nature really.

That would be interesting, steampunk pynk mech would be nice too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/19/2022 at 10:33 PM, Veka.8710 said:

Can we please get MOX as a skin for the Jade Mech?

I second this request, though I'd already be happy to see any kind of classic Golem skin option for the Mech (just anything that doesn't look like an engineer's toxic green misshaped experiment gone wrong 🤢... or something provided by Toys'R'Us 🤦‍♂️).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2022 at 5:41 AM, Dracomet.3648 said:

You people posting this now, you remind me of the first couple months people begging for mount skins when PoF first launched.

just be patient. Your flashy rainbow sparkles 2000 gem mech skin will be here by June.

Just wanna pretend to be Inquest though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 3:35 PM, Dante.1508 said:

My question is how did thousands of Engis get it out of Joon workshop and her not noticing?

according to the mechanist NPC - those are not out of Joon's workshop, but custom made by those engineers 😉

On 3/19/2022 at 10:41 PM, Dracomet.3648 said:

The difference is that mounts had wardrobe UI and dyes from the get go, and mechs are rigged to a different framework, and having skins for them would require some additional engineering that we have no indication AN has ever made, and would open the floodgates of alot of requests for "let me be able to change the look of XYZ ability/pet/turret/whatever".

Not saying it ain't gonna happen, just saying that at the state of what we know so far, it ain't so clear-cut given.

I am leveling a mechanist (slowly) and heck I'd settle for just being able to dye the thing. With multiple dye channels we can at least make them look unique while maintaining the silhouette.

If it's an issue of creating the UI, I think it would be fun if mechanists could "tame" golems. Find golems, override them with jadetech, make them servants. Use the same UI as Rangers for their pets. Unlike ranger pets, "tamed" golems only grant new skins, not different abilities.

Edited by RadiantWolf.2058
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

according to the mechanist NPC - those are not out of Joon's workshop, but custom made by those engineers 😉

The difference is that mounts had wardrobe UI and dyes from the get go, and mechs are rigged to a different framework, and having skins for them would require some additional engineering that we have no indication AN has ever made, and would open the floodgates of alot of requests for "let me be able to change the look of XYZ ability/pet/turret/whatever".

Not saying it ain't gonna happen, just saying that at the state of what we know so far, it ain't so clear-cut given.

How can it be custom made when its identical to the one in Joons workshop, you see it at the end of the mission before the floors swallow it up.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

How can it be custom made when its identical to the one in Joons workshop, you see it at the end of the mission before the floors swallow it up.

I mean I could totally built you a custom made PC that looks exactly like one of the pre-made models on the books stores, so the same could apply to jade mechs.

On 3/19/2022 at 5:33 PM, Veka.8710 said:

Can we please get MOX as a skin for the Jade Mech? I miss the ol golem and his model is already in game, granted they might have to adjust it abit to be in tune with the jade mech animations.

Make it a living world season 3 achievement quest. Lets go! I'd be for this.

• Confused 1

On 7/14/2022 at 10:16 PM, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

I mean I could totally built you a custom made PC that looks exactly like one of the pre-made models on the books stores, so the same could apply to jade mechs.

So its fabricated in joons workshop and then arrives in boxes then Engis just put it together with instructions, i see now.

3 hours ago, Matoro.9708 said:

Jade bot skin dropped, so maybe 1% possibility, but it's really more like glider skins, so hm. 

well on reveal stream of jade bots, they said they rigged jade bot animations to a skill FX, which to my knowledge is same framework they use for mechs, kits and turrets, so if that framework now support skins, there is hope they will start making skins for these as well 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1