Mechanist is currently destroying the game. Please consider adjusting it ASAP.

Shiyo.3578

22 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks

Condition J-Drive (Allies)   39,659 DPS
Condition Alacrity  28,050 DPS

You can do 41k DPS while having an invincible robot tank for you.

show me you doing it. I will delete my account. Actually, I will give you my account. Guano HP point is good one for you to try.

Edited by Yellow Rainbow.6142
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

not golem benchmark.. You show me tanking and doing that dps.... in open world or Raid.

I parse OW all the time and mechs are always top DPS, sometimes the auto-attack build are top dps when I'm on plague doctor scourge!

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

24 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

I didn't know enmity was a thing in GW2.

Plenty of builds make open world a snooze fest because that it what 99% of open world is.

So you have a support build that is comparable to another support build and a DPS build that is comparable to other DPS builds?  And this is a bad thing because?

The skill floor for staff dare devil was very low but I don't remember you complaining about that.

Yes, it can do 26K while AFK and auto attacking.  Have you actually used it in a real fight or are you basing everything off that entire video in the training area?  I suggest that you try it in a real example against a strike boss.  If it's as OP as you say, then it should be tanking the boss and you can do 26K DPS without issue.  Of course this will not be the case because you're completely missing something.  I'll let you figure out what that is.

Indeed. Actually using it on a few LW and HoT meta bosses, I have found it's less than ideal and more than a little buggy. Sometimes it wanders off and does its own thing entirely. Maybe that's a pathing issue, but you'd think on an open plateau it would be fine. It can't dodge, so have fun when it gets chain CC'd and your heal for it is already on cool down and then rockets away until its cool down over. Using the ranged option is a lot less buggy, but its F skills often take their sweet time to fire (not our fiberoptic internet lagging - my other skills respond just fine) for reasons unknown and still has weird pathing issues. Ranger's bear is a more effective , reliable tank and I kill things faster on my Berserker Ranger than on my Celestial Mechanist (which I made explicitly to be my laid back fishing dude).

I mean sure, it's strong on open world content, but so are all the other "low impact" and pet based setups too. Heck, I have an all white gear with green trinkets setup for my Ranger for down scaling and it still rips though level 80 LW map mobs.

The OP sure was some abject hysteria over a total non-issue...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

So, there IS a problem with Mechanist. No build in the game should trivialize content with so little effort. It's astounding to me that anyone would defend what this spec is capable of. 

The only consolation; Anet's watching. I'm sure lots of people are taking every bit of advantage of the features this build brings as I have. Their data won't lie to them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 22

2 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I don't know what the numbers look like, but a class that plays itself should be bottom of the barrel on everything except sustain. It has no business dealing competitive damage or being a top boonshare spec when other classes that actually require input from the player are underperforming.

Again, I'm not saying that's the case currently, but if it it should be nerfed. This is a spec that should be for one thing only: low effort survivability.

When exactly is it playing itself with NO INPUT FROM THE PLAYER WHATSOEVER? Have you actually tried it? This is the most ridiculous claim ever. If you did let the mech do everything for you while you do nothing you do......3.5k dps. And no the spec shouldn't be for low effort survivability only. It should be as versatile as possible so people don't shun it like they did the necromancer before last May. Where do you get these stupid ideas anyway? Mech tanking, pfft. If mech dies we are screwed. And no open world tanking doesn't really count.

Edited by Aravind.9610
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

58 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

You're posting someone else's benchmark videos from Snowcrows and expecting that it will tank? Are you insane?? Post a video of YOURSELF soloing an open world legendary boss with those builds, then you can claim that mech is too tough.

Edited by Aravind.9610
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Aravind.9610 said:

You're posting someone else's benchmark videos from Snowcrows and expecting that it will tank? Are you insane??

Someone needs to tell all the mechs I run with to get good, I never see one at the top of the dps charts when doing my eod strikes. Oh did anyone mention to the op that the practice golem means nothing, Lots of classes hit 40k on the dps dummy

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, Aravind.9610 said:

When exactly is it playing itself with NO INPUT FROM THE PLAYER WHATSOEVER? Have you actually tried it? This is the most ridiculous claim ever. If you did let the mech do everything for you while you do nothing you do......3.5k dps. And no the spec shouldn't be for low effort survivability only. It should be as versatile as possible so people don't shun it like they did the necromancer before last May. Where do you get these stupid ideas anyway? Mech tanking, pfft. If mech dies we are screwed. And no open world tanking doesn't really count.

The only stupid idea here is a build designed around AI in an action combat game.

• Like 6
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, Aravind.9610 said:

You're posting someone else's benchmark videos from Snowcrows and expecting that it will tank? Are you insane?? Post a video of YOURSELF soloing an open world legendary boss with those builds, then you can claim that mech is too tough.

There.  It's pretty kitten strong.  Can we stop trying to pretend it isn't now?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

4 hours ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

The mech can EASILY tank strike bosses. It should not be able to generate enmity at all.

The mech makes all open world content a snoozefest and extremely safe. Actually safer than any torment runes/self sustain build you nerfed going into EoD.

I don't know what kind of hacks or cheats you're running on your mechanist but my mech gets frequently disabled when I try to take on 3-4 mobs at the same time. In fact I was surprised at how easily the mech's defiance bar gets depleted. 

I was excited when I finally fully unlocked my mechanist and made full ascended Viper's gear. Then I tested it by taking it into Verdant Brink and lasted a whole 4 seconds before getting oneshotted by a standard pack of Mordrem. Fk HoT seriously. But anyway mechanist is not so godlike like you claim. The mech is tanky sure, but the mechanist itself is still incredibly fragile. Even if the mech was immune to damage, that still wouldn't save you from easily getting killed from wide aoe spam from bosses and certain xpac mobs.

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

You are talking about Hizen one of the best players in the world, really man? He can do that on any class! Here

Reality is the best players in the world can work wonders, he has done that with every class.

Edited by Tiviana.2650
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

So, there IS a problem with Mechanist. No build in the game should trivialize content with so little effort. It's astounding to me that anyone would defend what this spec is capable of. 

The only consolation; Anet's watching. I'm sure lots of people are taking every bit of advantage of the features this build brings as I have. Their data won't lie to them. 

Whoa you made a good post.

The entire point of my thread is how the robot trivializes the game and it needs to be be adjusted, since they clearly DON'T want that in the game after seeing the HUGE sustain nerfs to other specs. At least someone gets it.

Edited by Shiyo.3578
  • Like 2
  • Confused 17

24 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Don't pretend you are as good as Lord Hizen. He has made videos like that for EVERY class. And also he uses celestial gear which means far less dps than what you get on benchmark videos.

Edited by Aravind.9610
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yes, I make good posts all the time. Just to be clear, the quality of my posts is not dependent on who agrees with them. 

You're usually coming out guns blazing and intentionally disagreeing with mathematically correct things, though. It has nothing to do with agreeing/disagreeing, the tone of your posts are always offputting and what you're defending is always just crazy.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Shiyo.3578 said:

Whoa you made a good post.

The entire point of my thread is how the robot trivializes the game and it needs to be be adjusted, since they clearly DON'T want that in the game after seeing the HUGE sustain nerfs to other specs. At least someone gets it.

This is dumb. What do sustain nerfs have to do with mechanist?? Mechanist is not tankier than other specs. Only sustain nerfs you see were the ones that gave health/barrier on attack or condi damage or whatever, neither of which mechanist has.

Edited by Aravind.9610
  • Like 2

Such drama ...

An invincible, mad dps robot!

A spec that plays itself!

For the health of the game! For FREEDOM!

Kitten.

Mechanist is pretty easy to play, so much so that as someone who had a couple of strokes in the last six months and now can only play one handed with an mmo mouse, I can unequivocally state it's as easy, or easier, than minionmancer or bearbow. It also, like those two last specs, gets boring fairly quick unless you take it up against something difficult. And I believe I can safely say that the mech is not going to play itself whilst remaining  cough invincible cough in difficult content, be that grouped or solo. 

Strong and easy to play? Yeah, it most certainly is. Invincible and destroying the game? That'd be a no. There are multiple issues going on with GW2 that are far more deleterious than a single e-spec; an e-spec that is likely to see, ahem, "changes" in this summer's balance patch regardless simply because it's a spec whose AI is the source of much of it's damage and utility. 

But hey, until such time nerfing or balance (I almost gotta laugh at the term balance as it applies to this game) does happen - and it won't just happen to classes that make you seethe - well, it's good to know drama and hyperbole have a happy home here on the forums.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

Such drama ...

An invincible, mad dps robot!

A spec that plays itself!

For the health of the game! For FREEDOM!

Kitten.

Mechanist is pretty easy to play, so much so that as someone who had a couple of strokes in the last six months and now can only play one handed with an mmo mouse, I can unequivocally state it's as easy, or easier, than minionmancer or bearbow. It also, like those two last specs, gets boring fairly quick unless you take it up against something difficult. And I believe I can safely say that the mech is not going to play itself whilst remaining  cough invincible cough in difficult content, be that grouped or solo. 

Strong and easy to play? Yeah, it most certainly is. Invincible and destroying the game? That'd be a no. There are multiple issues going on with GW2 that are far more deleterious than a single e-spec; an e-spec that is likely to see, ahem, "changes" in this summer's balance patch regardless simply because it's a spec whose AI is the source of much of it's damage and utility. 

But hey, until such time nerfing or balance (I almost gotta laugh at the term balance as it applies to this game) does happen - and it won't just happen to classes that make you seethe - well, it's good to know drama and hyperbole have a happy home here on the forums.

Yeah lots of people are dumping on mechanist when its no different than minionmancer builds when built to be tanky.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1