Bladesworn And Mechanist Sustain Is Overperforming, Please Tune It Down

Heisen.2315

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I really hope anet doesn't listen to this gold 1 talk going on in this forum lately.

Gold 2 and up is probably like .. top 500 players right now, maybe top 1000. I know pvp population is low, but like .. what's your cutoff for having an opinion on the game? Top 200 only? Hell, let's turn over balance decisions for each patch to the #1 player the previous season. That'll go real well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, coro.3176 said:

Gold 2 and up is probably like .. top 500 players right now, maybe top 1000. I know pvp population is low, but like .. what's your cutoff for having an opinion on the game? Top 200 only? Hell, let's turn over balance decisions for each patch to the #1 player the previous season. That'll go real well.

My cutoff point is players who complain about things ONLY because they are unaware of the full array of utility that their class/build provides as well as what counter-play is possible while utilizing the terrain itself.

This generally tends to be complaints coming from the g1-g2 divisions or lower, where you have things going on like Thieves who insist on team fighting only rather than playing roam & decap, who don't stealth very often, who have no map awareness, who get cherry picked by anything with DPS and then complain that Theif is weak. Or a Necromancer who waddles into 1v3s by himself at mid, gets popped by a Deadeye sitting on a hill and then complains DE has too much damage.

If you are amongst this demographic of players it's probably hard for you to see what I mean here, but it is true. A lot of players complain about things they don't understand. What they aren't understanding is that what they are complaining about is actually players outskilling them, not that a build is OP. Most of these kinds of players don't realize that the things they complain about, are actually weak at higher tiers of play when you have all strong players vs. all strong players. Many things are truly l2p issues but GW2 players love to complain about things to get them nerfed, rather than learn how to play against it.

Again, these kinds of asinine complaints generally come from g2 or lower divisions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

My cutoff point is players who complain about things ONLY because they are unaware of the full array of utility that their class/build provides as well as what counter-play is possible while utilizing the terrain itself.

This generally tends to be complaints coming from the g1-g2 divisions or lower, where you have things going on like Thieves who insist on team fighting only rather than playing roam & decap, who don't stealth very often, who have no map awareness, who get cherry picked by anything with DPS and then complain that Theif is weak. Or a Necromancer who waddles into 1v3s by himself at mid, gets popped by a Deadeye sitting on a hill and then complains DE has too much damage.

If you are amongst this demographic of players it's probably hard for you to see what I mean here, but it is true. A lot of players complain about things they don't understand. What they aren't understanding is that what they are complaining about is actually players outskilling them, not that a build is OP. Most of these kinds of players don't realize that the things they complain about, are actually weak at higher tiers of play when you have all strong players vs. all strong players. Many things are truly l2p issues but GW2 players love to complain about things to get them nerfed, rather than learn how to play against it.

Again, these kinds of asinine complaints generally come from g2 or lower divisions.

Uh huh. Most players suck. I get it, but if the leaderboards are accurate, you're basically saying there are like .. less than 500 players total in the game that are qualified to have an opinion. Maybe help the rest understand what it is they're missing about bladesworn and mechanist rather than just sneering at them.

Otherwise you might find yourself in legendary division .. of a league of 5 players.

• Thanks 4

51 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

If you are refering to my post a literally pointed out that my complaint was based on a non meta build with limited burst windows. I think you just have ranger bias.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Maybe the actual PVP rank should be visible in this sub forum. So we can instantaniously tell whats the problem.

1 hour ago, Bale.3851 said:

Very True. And Bladesword needs buffs not nerfs. The OP is ironically proof that he is unaware of what's going on and gives credence to the points made in the post I quoted. 

Here is a quote from a previous post in another thread I wrote. This is what should be being asked for: Not Nerfs lol. 

"Not a warrior main anymore but used to be. I have said since beta that if they are gonna root you this way with something SO TELEGRAPHED - that if you plan properly and are able to execute everything in front of you should die. The damage should be WAY WAY higher. Get caught? Well now your dead. Dont want to die? Then watch the movement. This was an opportunity to move pvp back into a direction where you have to actual pay attention to movement in PvP and animations instead of insanity on the floor, and AI BS. Really disappointed for warrior mains. TBH I haven't bought the expansion. First time since a release I didn't buy, and I don't think I will be buying it. So many wasted opportunities. "

Why did I say this?

Because at a higher level of play the difficulty it would take to execute anything in Gunsaber is miracle and should result in everyone dieing as a result. Because of how UNLIKELY it is to unfold. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Bladesworn needs the sustain.

Leave it alone.

I really hope anet doesn't listen to this gold 1 talk going on in this forum lately.

Unfortunately they don't play pvp, they come to the forum or read tickets asking about nerfs, if 100 people complain of bladesword sustain and 15 about harbinger, they nerf bladesworn coz the majority seems to be right, right?

That's their behaviour and it's pretty obvious patch after patch.

For example core ranger is 100 times more annoying to fight on point rather than bladesworn, it cannot be cc down, cannot be condi bursted, cannot be power busted, has almost 30k hp and insanely high damage.

But yeah people see a 7-9k dragon trigger that has a telegraph bigger than an airplane, and they ask for nerfs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, grx.8714 said:

Unfortunately they don't play pvp, they come to the forum or read tickets asking about nerfs, if 100 people complain of bladesword sustain and 15 about harbinger, they nerf bladesworn coz the majority seems to be right, right?

That's their behaviour and it's pretty obvious patch after patch.

For example core ranger is 100 times more annoying to fight on point rather than bladesworn, it cannot be cc down, cannot be condi bursted, cannot be power busted, has almost 30k hp and insanely high damage.

But yeah people see a 7-9k dragon trigger that has a telegraph bigger than an airplane, and they ask for nerfs.

Nah to me, core Ranger is less of a threat than Bladesworn. And Bladesworn is way better in teamfights. Neither are meta though.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Nah to me, core Ranger is less of a threat than Bladesworn. And Bladesworn is way better in teamfights. Neither are meta though.

Exactly

Apparently none of these people watched Teapot's tournament.

Otherwise they'd realize Vaans was the only Bladesworn even being used.

• Confused 4

59 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Exactly

Apparently none of these people watched Teapot's tournament.

Otherwise they'd realize Vaans was the only Bladesworn even being used.

While true, some things can be appropriate to nerf even if they aren't meta in organized 5v5. For instance, I would advocate for a trapper rune nerf, and even a nerf to certain things to Mesmer, such as Distortion on Signet use.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741

10 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Bladesworn needs the sustain.

Leave it alone.

Eh, I'd give some changes to bladesworn. Right now its carried by tactical reload + shouts, while having the gunsaber be a worthless weapon. That really isnt how the class should be. I'd cut the synergy between the class and shouts (because otherwise you will only use shouts), and buff gunsaber instead.

So today I first played against bladesworn, with my power mirage (arena, berserk)

Caught him in stun, managed to do all burst I can, left him 20%. Then he just goes block, heals full hp and KILLS me with 3 shots, first shot goes in my only dodge, other 2 crits ( 8+5k) delivered in a small window before my f4.

met him 3 more times in same game 1x1. This kitten is just impossible for Pmesmer . No chances, no way. 
Need 2 NOT overturned professions to catch and kill Bladesworn. Meanwhile it just gives 10k crits, with 1 ability, and has mega sustain.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Revalent.4205 said:

So today I first played against bladesworn, with my power mirage (arena, berserk)

Caught him in stun, managed to do all burst I can, left him 20%. Then he just goes block, heals full hp and KILLS me with 3 shots, first shot goes in my only dodge, other 2 crits ( 8+5k) delivered in a small window before my f4.

met him 3 more times in same game 1x1. This kitten is just impossible for Pmesmer . No chances, no way. 
Need 2 NOT overturned professions to catch and kill Bladesworn. Meanwhile it just gives 10k crits, with 1 ability, and has mega sustain.

You can't kill it with burst in a 1v1. You need sustained damage output.

For example, I have a good condi druid build that I"ve been using in ATs against Vaans.

It actually has enough DPS output to keep him off the node and if he were to screw around enough, it would kill him.

People just need to understand how to deal with Bladesworn.

It really isn't as OP as people are making it out to be.

Big reasons why you didn't see any in Teapot's tournament outside of Vaans.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1