So Harbinger nerf next patch ?

Aigaion.7981

I hate to be that guy, but Harbinger is just an ape level spec. Necro skill floor always was pretty low, but Harbinger is just ridiculous, imagine having such a stupid spec where you just need to apply all your condi with your pistol, get all dem boons (lol) and just shourd for the win. Also, you know a spec is dead broken when all the other specs of the class are literally gone (lol Mechanist)

Anyway, hoping for this brain dead spec to get a good kick in the balls.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6

I hate to be that guy, but

thief, ele,warrior, engi, rev, guard, mesmer,  ranger

and all related specs are ape level spec. this classes were always pretty low skill floor. but now its ridiculous. this classes and their specs dare to use boons, invis, blocks invulns, dodges and every existing boons in the game and ALSO do dmg. and you now this classes are broken when alle classes not including above are gone.

Anyway, hoping for this brain dead specs/classes to get a good kick in the balls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 15

42 minutes ago, Zero.3871 said:

I hate to be that guy, but

thief, ele,warrior, engi, rev, guard, mesmer,  ranger

and all related specs are ape level spec. this classes were always pretty low skill floor. but now its ridiculous. this classes and their specs dare to use boons, invis, blocks invulns, dodges and every existing boons in the game and ALSO do dmg. and you now this classes are broken when alle classes not including above are gone.

Anyway, hoping for this brain dead specs/classes to get a good kick in the balls.

Sry but only spec/build a necro has any right to call braindead is flamethrower engi lol quit embarrassing urself.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, Aigaion.7981 said:

imagine having such a stupid spec where you just need to apply all your condi with your pistol, get all dem boons (lol) and just shourd for the win.

That's pretty common as a gameplay since the vanilla game.

- Take your thief, steal a mesmer, laod your condi and get them all boons before hiding in stealth.

- Take your ranger ask your pig to search for bundle, load your condi and get all boons.

- Take your guardian, use 1 or 2 shouts for all boons.

I mean, there is nothing new to this gameplay, it's not like the harbinger shroud have a 2nd health bar, it does not. It's basically a thief in vitality gear but no stealth.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Aigaion.7981 said:

I hate to be that guy, but Harbinger is just an ape level spec. Necro skill floor always was pretty low, but Harbinger is just ridiculous, imagine having such a stupid spec where you just need to apply all your condi with your pistol, get all dem boons (lol) and just shourd for the win. Also, you know a spec is dead broken when all the other specs of the class are literally gone (lol Mechanist)

Anyway, hoping for this brain dead spec to get a good kick in the balls.

Heres my prophecy: The same guy who rants about harbinger will rant about core necro after harbinger is nerfed. Same situation but slower gameplay. At least harbinger is an easy kill target. So what do you like more? Tanky and damage + massive fear or just dmg and some cc. Your choice. I mean people cried for 2 years to nerf necro shroud. Now its gone and you are still not happy.  These 2000 people in SPVP never happy about anything.

Instead of nerfing damage everywhere just buff!!! underperforming speccs. How about that?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

That's pretty common as a gameplay since the vanilla game.

- Take your thief, steal a mesmer, laod your condi and get them all boons before hiding in stealth.

- Take your ranger ask your pig to search for bundle, load your condi and get all boons.

I mean, there is nothing new to this gameplay, it's not like the harbinger shroud have a 2nd health bar, it does not. It's basically a thief in vitality gear but no stealth.

Get your warrior, murder the thief, gut the pig, crucify the guardian, still have no boons, cry. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Bale.3851 said:

Heres my prophecy: The same guy who rants about harbinger will rant about core necro after harbinger is nerfed. Same situation but slower gameplay. At least harbinger is an easy kill target. So what do you like more? Tanky and damage + massive fear or just dmg and some cc. Your choice. I mean people cried for 2 years to nerf necro shroud. Now its gone and you are still not happy.  These 2000 people in SPVP never happy about anything.

Instead of nerfing damage everywhere just buff!!! underperforming speccs. How about that?

Necro was pretty balanced until EOD, it's the same at each expansion, there are broken classes that need balancing, that's all. I have to problem with classes being strong, what I don't like is classes that have both insane condis, insane boons, insane tanking and stab on shround.

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, Aigaion.7981 said:

Necro was pretty balanced until EOD, it's the same at each expansion, there are broken classes that need balancing, that's all. I have to problem with classes being strong, what I don't like is classes that have both insane condis, insane boons, insane tanking and stab on shround.

Its just that necro was not fine until EOD. It was broken cause shroud would absorb 50% of all dmg inflicted. And harbinger doesnt have that. Harbinger also has a stack debuff reducing your life. So sustain is much lower than core and reaper. Also the all buff all condi ult is 90 sec and surely pretty strong but the main problem with harbinger in pvp is the 100% dmg mods. Naming the real problems is one of the core issues i have with this forum. People who lack understanding just shout nerf this nerf that.

Like with warrior. Forum guys want the stab gone on Bladesworn. Whichs leaves them with no protection against cc while charging their trigger. But the core issue is their sustain. Every bronze player comes here to whine and complaining about classes they dont play and dont understand (not insulting you just stating my impression on forum so far).

Maybe we should add rank tags to player names if posting in pvp forum to see how much experience they have / differentiate between rants and actual claims.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Harbringer just doesnt is too easy.

tried to play for a couple of days. Made good progress on ranked arena. Perfect burst damage, a LOT of mobility, Goddish burst.

but is so stupid gameplay that I’ve got tiered in a day.

More stupid  then Harbringer are only guard and ranger with trapper runes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oatsnjuices.1698 said:

Why not make it the status quo and bring other classes to its level? Nerfs are what made WVW and PVP boring.

So given how these are the numbers you want to bring other specs up to... are you prepared to get hit by this damage from stealth? DJ, malicious backstab, wordly impact, meme shatter on core mesmer etc.
Or if we ignore that stealth exists: how would you enjoy a teamfight where you get chunked for 70-90% of your health the second you're not being able to dodge/block/invulnspam?

We had this high damage before, but back then we had actual healers, and passive lifesaver traits were on 45-60 second cooldowns. Do you honestly think that potentially everyone slinging around 17K-ish hits would make PvP fun?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aigaion.7981 said:

I guess you are playing Necro since you're actually seriously convinced that Necro was not good before EOD and Harbinger fixed the absolute lowbrainer this class is.

For the love of god please acutally read the answers before complaining. But no worries i will fix it for you.

You wrote the following statemant:

13 hours ago, Aigaion.7981 said:

Necro was pretty balanced until EOD

This sounds to me that you are acutally thinking necro was fine before EOD. Which it was not. So i told you and pointed out why here:

13 hours ago, Bale.3851 said:

Its just that necro was not fine until EOD. It was broken cause shroud would absorb 50% of all dmg inflicted. And harbinger doesnt have that.

And here is you last answer:

12 hours ago, Aigaion.7981 said:

I guess you are playing Necro since you're actually seriously convinced that Necro was not good before EOD and Harbinger fixed the absolute lowbrainer this class is.

So can u see the logical flaw with you defending necro in the first place and telling me im convinced necro was bad before EOD? Maybe just misscommunication but doesnt change the fact that harbinger is much less tanky than core or reaper. So if you nerf harbinger necro players will just go back to playing core or reaper.

5 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

So given how these are the numbers you want to bring other specs up to... are you prepared to get hit by this damage from stealth? DJ, malicious backstab, wordly impact, meme shatter on core mesmer etc.
Or if we ignore that stealth exists: how would you enjoy a teamfight where you get chunked for 70-90% of your health the second you're not being able to dodge/block/invulnspam?

We had this high damage before, but back then we had actual healers, and passive lifesaver traits were on 45-60 second cooldowns. Do you honestly think that potentially everyone slinging around 17K-ish hits would make PvP fun?

Good job. You identified a problem and that is the dmg mod of 100% on vicious arc. So nerf that in pvp. Problem fixed.

• Like 3

There's a reason harbinger wasn't in show matches. It's actually worse then reaper and core nec. People take it in rank only and for 2 reasons, it kills fast vs beginners which is all rank is about and its fun gameplay, fast paced. Definitely not tanky lol. And no before you say something , I'm not harb player, I main Herald with over 500 ranked game this season. If I need to switch to necro, core is the way to win. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

-You very  conveniently left out that the guardian shout giving boons also draws all conditions onto yourself which will kill you if you dont use another utility immediately to remove them.

-You very conveniently left out that this skill only grants 1 stack of might, not 25.

- You very very conveniently omitted that this skill does not grant stability and you have to use the third utility slow to achieve that. Congrats. You just filled your skill bar.

Edited by Gwaihir.1745
  • Sad 2

If the taint bolts attack would be reflectable like with every other projectile attack from core, hot, pof and eod (yes even the new specs attacks can be reflected), then players would have to think a bit harder before mindless spamming the attack...even dark barrage is reflected but not bolts, dunno way...no explaination

13 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

There's a reason harbinger wasn't in show matches. It's actually worse then reaper and core nec. People take it in rank only and for 2 reasons, it kills fast vs beginners which is all rank is about and its fun gameplay, fast paced. Definitely not tanky lol. And no before you say something , I'm not harb player, I main Herald with over 500 ranked game this season. If I need to switch to necro, core is the way to win. 

I think Harb is the worst necro spec (ready for all those confused emojis!) but people lose their minds when someone hits them with a ton of damage. 
No sustain compared to other builds and really a one trick pony. If (when) Harb gets nerfed these same people will just go back to complaining about soulbeast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Harbinger trades the second bar of HP for more damage. Everyone's biggest mistake is refusing to attempt to punish the Harbinger for entering shroud. It isn't a second life bar and they lose access to all their utilities. If you let the Harbinger just auto you to death that's entirely your fault. Some soft or hard CC and damage will easily force them to drop shroud and use their stun breaks and congrats, they're still just as easy to kill as before. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1