Mechanist & Specter are the real targets you should be focusing nerf discussion

^ Thread title

These two specs are honestly overperforming.

1. Mech doesn't need direct nerfing but rather it needs to have less defense vs power damage and a bit more defense vs condi.
  2. Specter however is straight up over-performing due to too much teleport disengage and too much sustain. It either needs to lose some of that teleport disengage or lose some of the sustain. Pick one, either or will work.

But stop complaining about other things when these two specs are performing at S+ tier right now.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 10

On 3/25/2022 at 12:09 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

^ Thread title

1. Mech doesn't need direct nerfing but rather it needs to have less defense vs power damage and a bit more defense vs condi.
  2. Specter however is straight up over-performing due to too much teleport disengage and too much sustain. It either needs to lose some of that teleport disengage or lose some of the sustain. Pick one, either or will work.

But stop complaining about other things when these two specs are performing at S+ tier right now.

I just went through the titles of threads on this forum..... sigh.....

You must have missed the memo on not posting unbiased information. 

Agree w/ your assessment

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The amount of people who don't understand specter is busted just kill me lmao.

So let me get this right.

You can shadowstep 5 times?

You get quickness on each one with a rune?

You get core necro's mechanic? While being able to support? While still being able to burst?

You can res people like a res signet?

You can heal people? Barrier too?

You've got chronomancers elite but with mobility?

You've got access to all the best soft CC conditions?

5 seconds of slow and 10 stacks of poison you say?

Torment for your buddy too?

You can still stealth?

Alacrity too? Oh wait you mean consume plasma as a well?

You still have mobility?

Back to back cancel casting 5-6k projectiles?

You can win 1v1s? You can +1? You can still support people?

Yeah ok. You guys are right specter is pretty underwhelming.

Edited by Tycura.1982
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Tycura.1982 said:

The amount of people who don't understand specter is busted just kill me lmao.

So let me get this right.

You can shadowstep 5 times?

You get quickness on each one with a rune?

You get core necro's mechanic? While being able to support? While still being able to burst?

You can res people like a res signet?

You can heal people? Barrier too?

You've got chronomancers elite but with mobility?

You've got access to all the best soft CC conditions?

5 seconds of slow and 10 stacks of poison you say?

Torment for your buddy too?

You can still stealth?

Alacrity too? Oh wait you mean consume plasma as a well?

You still have mobility?

Back to back cancel casting 5-6k projectiles?

You can win 1v1s? You can +1? You can still support people?

Yeah ok. You guys are right specter is pretty underwhelming.

Can you share this build?

• Like 4

Well, the best way to get after Specter is to nerf the core thief skills and more utility skills. Probably should nerf daredevil too, because its affect specter. I suggest a nerf to infiltrator signet and unhindered combatant. Base stealth for anything thief should be reduced to 2 seconds including combos. Heartseeker should be increased cost to 5 initiative, and the distance should be lowered to 240. Swiftness of UC is too long as well, suggest cutting in half so acrobatics will be used more. Remove the well rune from pvp.

Edited by Gundam Style.8495
  • Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Tulkas.2576 said:

It is hilarious. And you’ve got a lot of people saying the opposite too, putting it in the same camp as willbender and catalyst lol. 

That's because the support/condi cata is busted, and the firebender is busted AF. Every single willbender f skill pulses burn on the ground in addition to the normal/core guard trait. The lol doesnt change anything. As soon as the crybabies get their first complaint nerfed, they are coming for that next. And, untamed is broke AF too. Core ranger 4.0. drop marksmanship, take untamed, profit.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Gundam Style.8495 said:

Well, the best way to get after Specter is to nerf the core thief skills and more utility skills. Probably should nerf daredevil too, because its affect specter. I suggest a nerf to infiltrator signet and unhindered combatant. Base stealth for anything thief should be reduced to 2 seconds including combos. Heartseeker should be increased cost to 5 initiative, and the distance should be lowered to 240. Swiftness of UC is too long as well, suggest cutting in half so acrobatics will be used more. Remove the well rune from pvp.

This is real toxic. You want to nerf thief core and DD because of Specter? All that you mentioned had already been nerfed like a thousand times. Having problems fighting thief eh?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mil.3562 said:

This is real toxic. You want to nerf thief core and DD because of Specter? All that you mentioned had already been nerfed like a thousand times. Having problems fighting thief eh?

This is ANets typical MO though... They nerf the core stuff before touching the elite spec. Mesmer, warrior and eles are great examples of this process. I'm not saying its the correct way to do it though.

• Like 1

They basically introduced a roamer support duelist sidenoder +1 core necro and a sitting duck who press skills off cooldown for reward.

Even if they remove both dodges on mechanist, you can reach plat without noticing it.

But yeah probably they will nerf warrior catalyst and virtuoso, maybe even untamed while they are at it, tomorrow we will see.

• Confused 1

On 3/25/2022 at 12:09 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

^ Thread title

Spectre is weak to condi and ports have cast time, so if they don't hit you with ini skills how they going into shroud? A simple 4,2 Wolfpack should take care of one for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Spectre is not S tier. Many new e-specs have more mobility than none spectre thief, and spectre was given more to compensate for this sudden jump in mobility. This was literally brought up in a beta stream where CMC said we wanted to keep thief as a mobile class and not be overtaken by new specs. ANET clearly wants to keep thief as the most mobile class in the game, and what you are basically saying is thief is the most mobile class. But that is intended. However other areas maybe be worth looking into.

The sustain is very peculiar as well, because none of it cleanses conditions, so if you want condition cleanse, you need to not take wells. You do get condition cleanse in shroud if traited, but Necro shroud has existed for 10 years and I don't see why Spectre shroud should be nerfed before the necro one, Either nerf both and keep Spectre shroud as is.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Gundam Style.8495 said:

You understand the functionality of this?

It cleanses one condi per second and heals for a decent amount per cleanse. It trivializes builds that have no variance in condi application, is an excellent source of sustain, and can serve as really the only source of cleanse you need to take just for the cleanse (shadowstep cleanse is there if you need it, but you shouldn't)

1 hour ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

You really just said specter is weak to condi when hungering darkness is the most overtuned trait in the game 😂

This kind of cleanse should be trimmed WAAAAY back so that repeating condi application can also be tuned down and everyone can be less sad about condi spam.

Now I'm not saying that these traits are overpowered. I'm saying they drive bad gameplay because they cleanse too often. Hence the condi arms race where condi skills reapply more and more frequently to keep up with the cleanse. I'd much prefer if all these went away and damaging cleanse could only be done on heal skills. Right now, the expectation is that if you get hit by a condition skill, you should be able to cleanse it either instantly or within a few seconds. This is not how it should be. If you get hit by a condition skill, it should be expected to tick at least as much as if you'd gotten hit by an equivalent power skill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Gundam Style.8495 said:

Spectre is weak to condi and ports have cast time, so if they don't hit you with ini skills how they going into shroud? A simple 4,2 Wolfpack should take care of one for you.

Specter is extremely resilient to condis my dude.

It's like as strong vs. condi as a Core Necromancer.

No joke.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2022 at 12:09 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

1. Specter however is straight up over-performing due to too much teleport disengage and too much sustain. 

A spec is really good at running away so amazing 

Soulbeast does that all the time too

Also more sustain isn't noticeable amount of probably has less sustain than your average necros who can generate shroud at 1 health bar per 10 sec

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Specter is extremely resilient to condis my dude.

It's like as strong vs. condi as a Core Necromancer.

No joke.

No I die just as fast as anyone from condis while running in stealth after doing hide in shadows. Yes I do have shadows embrace traited

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2