Do you use your Turtle?

2 minutes ago, Dreamatics.4987 said:

nope complete utter sack of garbo mount [even with all its masteries done]  i did meta to get it [before any changes]  and that lame collection i usually avoid strikes but it made me do it lmao not worth it. Now if we get a super adventure skin i might use it to afk in but that's it.

the final turtle mastery adds health to all your other mounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Won't say I never use it, but it is not useful for me.

even at the event must need it, I rather be the lazy walking player 2.

although turtles can use in combat

• it's skill is not relay to my attribute
  • it don't have dodge
  • it's skill 1 have super long after cast that not letting me fly (aka dodge with Adroit Evasion)

And for Skiff

as it share the key bind with fishing and PWP ... so I will use my skimmer

and don't forget there are many chests under water, skiff don't dive

Also, it's chain of anchor is so~~~~ weak that you cannot drop your anchor if there have 1mm/hour movement ...

Edited by Alik.9651
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

I think the gist is that there is not enough places requiring siege damage to make the turtle feel remotely useful.

And i agree with that, but having in mind that those situations can only exist for level 80 content and that you can't have them for every level 80 meta while also considering that the turtle itself is unlocked on the last map of the expansion and it was intially designed to be the big reward from the ultimate meta. By this i mean that is the kind of thing that will probably have more situations tailored for it when they create new content knowing that most participants will have the turtle unlocked.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Geckoo.6018 said:

And i agree with that, but having in mind that those situations can only exist for level 80 content and that you can't have them for every level 80 meta while also considering that the turtle itself is unlocked on the last map of the expansion and it was intially designed to be the big reward from the ultimate meta. By this i mean that is the kind of thing that will probably have more situations tailored for it when they create new content knowing that most participants will have the turtle unlocked.

And given the number of turtles that will usually be present, I also question the existence of the chip that adds +20% damage to the turtle's cannons.    Why is it there? Considering the limited need for siege damage currently, it makes no real difference if it takes a couple extra minutes to finish.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

What turtle? I have no memory of that mount.

Might be tied to how it is unlocked.

Yeah, DE meta is... Well, i'm getting flamed in another thread cause i said it's bad design, let's stick to the turtle here. 😛

But you know you can unlock it with writs now. You don't need to do the event.

14 minutes ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

Oh, I'm sure that people are waiting for this. Just more easy kills. At the moment the turtle didn't even make more damage than to doors/walls than the other options in WvW.

Obviously what it does in PvE can't be the same in WvW. At best i'd say it should apply a bit of damage to walls and a debuff to walls, similar to flames, or maybe some kind of shield buff to allies around it. And it would need to cost supply to even deploy, you can't run around with 0 cost mobile siege engines that can damage walls, that would be chaos.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Currently I use my turtle mount to help bus a newbie friend of mine around central tyria and I let random strangers ride so they can experience the mount and form their own opinions about it. So far out of all the starter zones the Norn players in Hoelbrak loves it the most.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Maybe the players that only auto-attack during metas (presuming they really exist) can use it to slightly increase their auto-attack damage and CC?  And maybe the 95% damage reduction in hunker-down mode could be used for passengers to wait out their heal skill cooldown instead of getting downed?  Or just being mounted as a passenger provides temporary shelter.  I wonder if using the jets to hover would allow you to avoid some of the one-shot mechanics in DE?  Claw slams, tsunamis, hoards, etc.  Just grasping at straws here.

I can't think of a good use but it should be noted that the passenger can mount and unmount during combat.  I think.

Speaking of hunker-down, surely the driver ought to be able to use this skill without needing a second player?!?

As I've already said in other threads, the turtle is nothing more than the equivalent of yet another toy and that's exactly how I'm using it -as a toy whenever I feel like it, which is not exactly a lot. Too bad some people are too preoccupied with screaming "i want it NOW!" (and "if I can get it, there's no longer a point for me to play this game") to understand that, so after they finally get the turtle it's somehow a big surprise that it didn't suddenly change their gameplay into something entirely new.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

I was at a hero point, and noticed a player trying to reach the hero point, but with great difficulty. So I fly over to them, mounted my turtle, and asked them to hop on, which they did. I then used the turtle thrusters to make our way over to the hero point base, where they then used their bunny to hop the the last part. They were thankful and I was happy to have helped, even if in some small way.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

As I've already said in other threads, the turtle is nothing more than the equivalent of yet another toy and that's exactly how I'm using it -as a toy whenever I feel like it, which is not exactly a lot. Too bad some people are too preoccupied with screaming "i want it NOW!" to understand that, so after they finally get the turtle it's somehow a big surprise that it didn't suddenly change their gameplay into something entirely new.

Reminds of the Skyscale. People qqing and calling it useless, and taken utterly by suprise that a skyscale with unleveled masteries was the same as the borrowable skyscale. Save not disappearing on dismount.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1