Warrior WvW Balance in a Nutshell.

DanAlcedo.3281

So WoD was apparently nuked out of orbit, because whatever. It's not like Spellbreaker wasn't already the single most useless spec in endgame PvE in the whole game, and barely even functioning in competitive modes, now they take away that small WvW relevance as well.

Dear ANet, please explain which game mode do you think Spellbreaker should fit now, because I can't see any.

I just cannot comprehend these balance updates anymore.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

So... Support BS in WvW I guess?

Seems like that... I'm honestly surprised they've not just left this braindead Tactics Shoutsworn spamfest in the game, but even buffed it...

I just can't

Edited by Zsoak.5409
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Death.2174 said:

One of the main complaints of WvW is boonballs/boon-spamming and they nerf WoD, what a joke.

Of course they did, a certain Anet dev that does balance runs around with a boon ball group that just keeps propping them up. A couple of months ago it took our map blob and an opposing map blob just to kill 1 Anet dev in WvW because they were in a boon ball group. This change was just to serve their own self centered interest.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

What have they achieved today? rly troubles me. It's not as "small" or minor as the movement change was. What prompted them for a full strip-dedicated build to get nerfed?

Warrior has no corrupts and cannot convert condis into boons. So why nerf boon application denial so hard? You just have to move outside the bubble. I'm legit furious with this.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

What have they achieved today? rly troubles me. It's not as "small" or minor as the movement change was. What prompted them for a full strip-dedicated build to get nerfed?

Warrior has no corrupts and cannot convert condis into boons. So why nerf boon application denial so hard? You just have to move outside the bubble. I'm legit furious with this.

Our 2 (3 if you count the trait) shouts heal for a few hundret more.

Meanwhile a class that can pump out 1k regen ticks by purely existing isnt even considered a viable option.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

What I love is that they say that "With the big nerf to Winds of Disenchantment, we also wanted to include some effects to support the spellbreaker build.", and then ... they dont. 

I think in their mind they thought "support the spellbreaker build" as in "support the Core warrior component" of the build (i.e. shouts), rather than any effects to the actual Spellbreaker kit.

But I agree, Spellbreaker's only relevance was being a hard boon-spam counter and now it loses 67% effectiveness with that with no duration/CD/channeling changes.

Make it be something similar to Enchantment Collapse, remove channeling, and boom, might as well be the same bubble effect if someone brings Stomp or Hammer.

Also...... it's been almost 5 years since Spellbreaker was released. I don't see why ANET can't make it so that if we use a skill or effect that would normally remove a boon (via Dispelling Force), if the enemy doesn't have a boon to remove it'll still cause the various trait effects as if we removed a boon. That alone would be such a huge QoL update to the Spellbreaker so their various traits won't be irrelevant unless someone is so overwhelmingly slathered in boons they're just a walking juggernaut.