D/D ele thanks u, but

Lobsters.3869

Hey, wow.  D/D buff for the first time in years? Thanks.  

So basically I do wvw mostly.  I havent even completed the eod quests I'm on a quest thats in a cave or something or up or down i cant figure out how to get to it so I kinda gave up on it for the last week and just been doing wvw.

While your buffs to d/d are appreciated I don't think you really understand.  Its impossible for me to solo 1v1 any class unless that class has no boons and is wearing cloth or is just afk.

A medium armor/heavy armor with protection will kill me everytime.  

Even without those boons the damage ratio for me vs medium or heavy armor is too low.  I will blow all my damage in the first 5 seconds and maybe get them to half or 3/4th HP.  Within 2-3 hits from them I'm dead or running for the hills.

Why do I play it?  Because I like to lightning zap around its so cool looking and I love to whip people.

Thanks.  Also love the bird mounts put them in wvw and u will make more money thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Just an example.  I fought another berzerker ele and we used Fiery Rush which is the Fiery Greatsword skill.

We both are hitting eachother into the 3000s.

I fight a warrior using the very same attack and he is getting hit for 1.9k.  His strongest attack on me was Fierce Blow for 10,600 damage.  My highest damaging attack I even have in my arsenal Fiery Rush hit him for 6,942 damage.  Thats a pretty high difference considering he has 20k hp and I have 12k.

Thanks for your consideration but I'd rather you just leave my broken class alone so I can kitten around and pretend everything is fine.

• Like 5

My main build is D/D weaver since years. Edit* in WvW http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgijZYSWkBhJvV2LF-zVRYVhJGNQZkZCUaBo2A-w
I feel the difference on ring of fire and mostly waters skills. I'll test again this evening, but this is really life changing.

To be honest I even expect a "fix" in the next weeks.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

My main build is D/D weaver since years. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgijZYSWkBhJvV2LF-zVRYVhJGNQZkZCUaBo2A-w

I feel the difference on ring of fire and mostly waters skills. I'll test again this evening, but this is really life changing.

Don't ruin this for me, please I beg you. I don't want to see my beloved dagger buffs go away so soon, I love them.

I don't roam.  I roam in a golem.  I'm berserker I'll never change.  It used to be fine until people complained.  Now they all run around quite abit more powerful than I, but I will continue as I have in the past.  Zapping into boonblobs to see BLOCKED DODGE EVADE INVULNERABLE and on the rare time I hit It will be against a heavy armor class with protection for what seems like negative damage.

Its cool.  I'll ride my bird around.

the new approach of the sidelined oh dagger is appreciated @anet

esp since it seems to be the first time u acknowledge mistakes in balncing. everyone does them so no hard feelings.

the one unadressed balance change on dagger oh is the evade frame on ride the lightning though. i dont think dagger oh will ever be in a good place in wvw w/o reverting this unwarranted change aswell.

similar skills like unrelenting assault of rev and smoke assault of slb all have that built in evade frame that doesnt let them vurlnerable to range dps spikes while animation loged.

i really hope you gonna adress that too in a future balance patch.

51 minutes ago, shinta.8906 said:

the new approach of the sidelined oh dagger is appreciated @anet

esp since it seems to be the first time u acknowledge mistakes in balncing. everyone does them so no hard feelings.

the one unadressed balance change on dagger oh is the evade frame on ride the lightning though. i dont think dagger oh will ever be in a good place in wvw w/o reverting this unwarranted change aswell.

But with the 60 second elite skill buff

You can now escape 2400 range every 60 seconds + 900 range teleport.

I think I freaked out enough enemies in the last days...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been doing some d/d weaver.  Tried catalyst dps in wvw, but it seems to work best as a celestial, which I'm not going to do because celestial weaver with sword is pretty good right now and I dont really have a desire to do that.

I'd just share with you the wvw classes which have essentially been able to kill me in 1 second or less:

Willbender

Dragonhunter

Revenant

Herald

Warrior

Berserker

Engineer

Scrapper

Holosmith

Mechanist

Ranger

Soulbeast

Thief

Daredevil

Deadeye

Weaver

Catalyst

Mesmer

Mirage

Virtuoso

Necromancer

Reaper

Scourge

Harbinger

Thats 24 classes which can do 12k damage in 1 second or less out of 36 available classes.  That doesnt include the ones I havent run into who have basically just downed me at first sight.

Before you just "get gud" realize how low 12k hps is and factor in that I have the least amount of armor and get hit for whatever your maximum damage is for your class.

Let me add the classes that I've been able to kill in 1 second or less for comparison.  Keep in mind I have 4 marauders items and the rest is all berserker.

Thief

Deadeye

Elementalist

Weaver

Catalyst

Ranger

Soulbeast

Virtuoso

Mesmer

Necromancer

Reaper

Scourge

12 of 36 I can kill in 1 second or less and 8 of them are all light armor wearing classes which you do not see much of anymore.  

In GW1 the workaround to this was that elementalists used elemental damage and not physical damage.  Physical damage used toughness and armor as a deduction where elemental damage did the same amount unless your class had a elemental reduction trait/skill.

This doesnt exist in gw2 and it shows.  There are overwhelmingly more medium/heavy armor classes which can just wreck light armor classes and its not balanced at all.

I don't even know why I bother to bring this up.  We spent like 30 minutes in SMC last night trying to kill 30 boonballers who are all medium armor or heavy armor and spam boons while standing on the same tile. 

Its just...  Thought I would mention it since seem to be the only d/d weaver I've seen playing since 2018.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lobsters.3869 said:

In GW1 the workaround to this was that elementalists used elemental damage and not physical damage.  Physical damage used toughness and armor as a deduction where elemental damage did the same amount unless your class had a elemental reduction trait/skill.

GW1 elemental damage also used armor in the damage calculation. 60 Armor is default listed damage, 45 is +28% or so damage taken, 80 is ~-30%, 100 is -50%. Elementalist got loads of armor penetration (25% in most Air spells), and access to the Cracked Armor condition (-20 armor). 
Squishy classes (monk, necro, mesmer, elementalist, ritualist) had 60 armor, and no added extra effects. Medium armors (ranger, assassin, dervish) had 70, and rangers got an extra +30 vs elemental damage. Heavy armors (warrior, paragon) got 80, with warrior getting an extra +20 vs physical damage.
In addition to physical and elemental, which interacted with armor, GW1 also had dark and chaos damage (neither physical or elemental, but interacted with armor), as well as shadow, holy, and typeless, which ignore armor and deal listed damage. Elementalist had a total of... 3? spells that ignored armor.

On 4/12/2022 at 11:15 AM, Lobsters.3869 said:

Its just...  Thought I would mention it since seem to be the only d/d weaver I've seen playing since 2018.

I loved my D/D core elementalist for the first three years of the game. I stopped playing shortly after HoT launch.

I came back a year or so after PoF, and now that character hangs out at the Lily of Elon crafting jewelry and skyscale food.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I loved my D/D core elementalist for the first three years of the game. I stopped playing shortly after HoT launch.

I came back a year or so after PoF, and now that character hangs out at the Lily of Elon crafting jewelry and skyscale food.

D/D Cat is like the old D/D ele pre-HoT but better (more auras, more boons, more mobility). Give it a go.

Edited by lLobo.7960

On 3/29/2022 at 6:56 PM, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

My main build is D/D weaver since years. Edit* in WvW http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAgijZYSWkBhJvV2LF-zVRYVhJGNQZkZCUaBo2A-w

The buffs were necessary and most welcomed, other professions have been buffed to heavens and behind for years. I have been fighting cele scrappers, reapers, boonbeasts and renegades for years now....the recent OF dagger buffs bring the ele up to par with them...and catalyst offers boons to mitigate the busted condi dmg. No regrets! I fully deserves these dagger OF buffs....will catalyst remains as it is for more than few months from now?...I have no illusions about that....it's ele after all we are talking about.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

The buffs were necessary and most welcomed, other professions have been buffed to heavens and behind for years. I have been fighting cele scrappers, reapers, boonbeasts and renegades for years now....the recent OF dagger buffs bring the ele up to par with them...and catalyst offers boons to mitigate the busted condi dmg. No regrets! I fully deserves these dagger OF buffs....will catalyst remains as it is for more than few months from now?...I have no illusions about that....it's ele after all we are talking about.

Tbh I don't think they will nerf it wouldn't call it realistically overpowered as of what I've seen so far. What people like grimjack are managing would be the deciding factor tho. I hear blam has a cata build he says is insanely overpowered. 

On topic it's the sad truth. Options are illusions. There are plenty of long term dead builds in the game and I doubt Anet would fix it. No mmorpg ever does... Balancing 36 speccs and keeping multiple builds alive across 3 game modes just isn't gonna happen. It's not possible. 

43 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Tbh I don't think they will nerf it wouldn't call it realistically overpowered as of what I've seen so far. What people like grimjack are managing would be the deciding factor tho. I hear blam has a cata build he says is insanely overpowered. 

On topic it's the sad truth. Options are illusions. There are plenty of long term dead builds in the game and I doubt Anet would fix it. No mmorpg ever does... Balancing 36 speccs and keeping multiple builds alive across 3 game modes just isn't gonna happen. It's not possible. 

I seen this "insanely OP" from Blam....it stalls in 1vs1 and forced to run in most +1 situations where a dominator renegade, scrapper, bladesworn etc..can take on 2 players pretty handily. Basically Blam is playing a side noder with some sustain, outside the scarce extra stats, the catalyst traitline got no regeneration or swiftness, mostly carried by core d/d gameplay. I seen Blam calling OP even the LR weaver....he was the only one running it with success anywhere   

People are just surprised to have a playable and accessible ele spec after years of neglect and secretly afraid it will be taken away soon and go back to meme class status...don't blame them, it has been years since I last seen more than couple eles in wvw and I am very happy 

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

I seen this "insanely OP" from Blam....it stalls in 1vs1 and forced to run in most +1 situations where a dominator renegade, scrapper, bladesworn etc..can take on 2 players pretty handily. Basically Blam is playing a side noder with some sustain, outside the scarce extra stats, the catalyst traitline got no regeneration or swiftness, mostly carried by core d/d gameplay. I seen Blam calling OP even the LR weaver....he was the only one running it with success anywhere   

People are just surprised to have a playable and accessible ele spec after years of neglect and secretly afraid it will be taken away soon and go back to meme class status...don't blame them, it has been years since I last seen more than couple eles in wvw and I am very happy 

This is how elem works.
A minority of elementalists is able to facetank 1v2 1v3, nothing particular (edit* considering they build for it; healing power or celestial in wvw, water/arcane ...) and the average elementalist is still trash tier, but "QQ I can't kill ele, and when I try ele I don't get the skill" so they nerf ele again so everybody leave the class, again.

Elementalist has the largest disparity of players from the level or skill outlook, on my opinion and experience; I understand the class isn't really easy to balance but this is how they do it : overall elementalist barely meta, but uber players out of control; better nerf the class for all. 
So yeah, in the next months "Catalyst has been in great position for 50 platinium players in the world, but we believe healing it too strong so we will nerf healing base and coef ... and condi and power core skills and traits"

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Blams build is a teamfighter with side node potiental. He has also only just returned to the game so less practiced. 

However a dude in his discord is having games with 700k + DMG 400k + healing done in stats and not dying almost at all. So he's doing alot more the stalling. 

I've also been playing his fire cata build with tons of success tbh. 

14 minutes ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

A minority of elementalists is able to facetank 1v2 1v3, nothing particular and the average elementalist is still trash tier, but "QQ I can't kill ele, and when I try ele I don't get the skill" so they nerf ele again so everybody leave the class, again

Well the only other option would be reworking elementalist and making it easier to play. This would prolly be a negative thing though as difficulty curves do have to exist. 

They can't make ele overpowered to cater to the average player. 

1 hour ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Blams build is a teamfighter with side node potiental. He has also only just returned to the game so less practiced. 

However a dude in his discord is having games with 700k + DMG 400k + healing done in stats and not dying almost at all. So he's doing alot more the stalling. 

Well the only other option would be reworking elementalist and making it easier to play. This would prolly be a negative thing though as difficulty curves do have to exist. 

The issue with elementalist is that, you need to be great ...to do great while on other professions, you can be mediocre....and still do good and that's where the frustration of players come from and reason why only this class get balanced based on the performances of a handful of individuals, which is an asinine way of balancing. You don't need to be @Holts to smash things on a necro and neither you need to be @Vans to own things on a bladesworn, or a @Helseth to condi burst with a condi mirage/virtuoso, so things should not be different for elementalist

2 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Why not though? They do that to basically every other class where you can obliterate things everywhere after few hours playing, on a necro for example anybody can press F1-elixir of ambition and rip the sky apart...but on ele they expect you to go through loops and more to do barely the same thing.

I am not having a go at you by all means, it's just I hate this notion from Anet that only ele must go through hell to just play the game where other professions press a button and get a gazillion effects while doing burst dmg from 900-1200 range

Edited by Arheundel.6451