Specter almost completely untouched in PvP after the patch

Arklite.4013

I was almost 100% certain that Specter was one of the specs that would receive some sort of significant nerf this patch. The mechanist adjustment was a good (albeit small) step in the right direction, but Specter gets a slap on the wrist? Both power and condi variants are hilariously strong. The winning EU MAT team used double specter and they were just taking huge loads on basically everyone with the massive damage, mobility, sustain, and support the spec has.

Enjoy PvP, everyone 😞

Edited by Arklite.4013
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 4

49 minutes ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Can you guys give Thieves a break? kitten. I don't even play Thief but I feel bad for those guys.

Likewise. I don’t play thief either, but there is literally not a single thief/espec build that I’ve played against and thought “this is significantly unbalanced”.

• Like 5
  • Confused 5

20 minutes ago, Tycura.1982 said:

What did CMC mean by this?

Because it's not overperforming in any aspect for pvp. A last minute MAT doesn't account for 95% of the games where thieves are not being played. They can't collect data from a few games with top players against potatoes 

Edited by Gundam Style.8495
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Spectre is over performing right now, scepter/dagger 3 hit really hard plus overload you of conditions, add the fact that is spammable and it is an issue. It doesn't need big nerfs but some number adjustment. 

The overall feel is ok, is a change of role for thief, daredevil is still better as decapper so is good to se something different.

But indeed I agree with the post, it needs some adjustments

• Like 1

It doesn't matter what happened in the mAT. Every single player in the mAT could've played Spectre and you wouldn't have seen Spectre nerfs because of it, because of how patches are done. Patches for every game ever are done for weeks at a time, and then sent off to every QA team to debug and solve issues with it and then, only then it will be shipped.

Obviously a patch that comes out the Tuesday after the mAT has no nerfs for a tournament 3 days prior, especially when 2 of those days are a WEEKEND. Be realistic, it'll get nerfed.

As well as TBH, although I knew and many others that Spectre is super good, its not like every team and every ranked game started stacking 2+ of them until at most a week and a half ago, it really hasn't been that long.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Grimjack.8130 said:

It doesn't matter what happened in the mAT. Every single player in the mAT could've played Spectre and you wouldn't have seen Spectre nerfs because of it, because of how patches are done. Patches for every game ever are done for weeks at a time, and then sent off to every QA team to debug and solve issues with it and then, only then it will be shipped.

Obviously a patch that comes out the Tuesday after the mAT has no nerfs for a tournament 3 days prior, especially when 2 of those days are a WEEKEND. Be realistic, it'll get nerfed.

As well as TBH, although I knew and many others that Spectre is super good, its not like every team and every ranked game started stacking 2+ of them until at most a week and a half ago, it really hasn't been that long.

Exactly, although many people did say long before the AT that spectre was super strong, even in the beta. But a lot of people stuck with Daredevil for a long time because Daredevil is also super strong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arklite.4013 said:

After playing a few ATs today, I've concluded that anyone arguing that the spec is balanced is clinically insane.

Some people live in another reality and clearly cannot see the forest from the trees. People who love one class will defend it til death and other times the opposite can happen you hate something so much that you won't be happy until that said class that person hates is deleted from the game and unable to do anything. Its the very reason i am iffy about who i trust about info. I heard some claim for instance that bladesworn isn't good as spellbreaker but i cannot really be sure or unsure since i don't have the expo for either and there could be bias.

There was bias in necro forums obviously defending OP classes  in the past as there was with others, but some classes specifically always get tons and tons of hate. Necromancer engineer warr thief Mesmers in  my opinion recieve more hate than others.

• Like 2

1) the utilities (all shadowsteps) is SUPER nonsense. You can get great places to land 900 range high dmg spammable projectiles all the time. 

2) high dmg on scep/dgr3 with low cost, all dual weild from thief costs 5 ini+. This should cost 5 at least and do 25% less dmg +-. 

3) the shadowforce gain is high

BUT, it has only 1 stun break on meta build, BUT uses all specter ports to disengage.

IF they touch everything, it ruin spec, but if they dont, it will be like herald power until time ago. 

3 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

2) high dmg on scep/dgr3 with low cost, all dual weild from thief costs 5 ini+. This should cost 5 at least and do 25% less dmg +-. 

See, you almost predicted the actual changes, Specter got nerfed in hotfix for longcats. Now costs 5, and has overall coeff reduced from 2.0 to 1.8, also Chill is shorter.

4 hours ago, anjo.6143 said:

3) the shadowforce gain is high

And this too, because siphon now grants 15% of the bar, instead of 25%.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Szymon.5369 said:

See, you almost predicted the actual changes, Specter got nerfed in hotfix for longcats. Now costs 5, and has overall coeff reduced from 2.0 to 1.8, also Chill is shorter.

And this too, because siphon now grants 15% of the bar, instead of 25%.

Praise the lord.

They could probably start with fixing the shroud HP display issue, first it's red on red, really ? Just put it purple I don't know do something.

Then could we effectively see the amount of shroud instead of its scaling with max HP ? PLEASE ?

When they will eventually go through this very complex process, maybe they should start to look at the shadowstep out max range pre cast glitch 3 animation speed boost ????

• Confused 1