Please hire a team to work on annual releases of SAB

Icethorn.6570

No no no.   Hey Anet - WvW is a cornerstone remember?  Hire someone to get to work on that.   Add in the coder you had turn off the jadebot in wvw (though you made a liar out of the guy on the livestream) and we'd have to people working on the 'cornerstone'.    Once you get that done, then maybe someone can spend time on SAB. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Icethorn.6570 said:

It's been 9 years and still no world 3 or 4.  It's unfortunate that the person who originally designed SAB is no longer with Anet.
Please put together a great team to continue work on one of your best events.
Lots of us would rejoice at this.

If you speak to Moto outside of SAB, there's a hint a new world is in development.

18 minutes ago, Blockhead Magee.3092 said:

No no no.   Hey Anet - WvW is a cornerstone remember?  Hire someone to get to work on that.   Add in the coder you had turn off the jadebot in wvw (though you made a liar out of the guy on the livestream) and we'd have to people working on the 'cornerstone'.    Once you get that done, then maybe someone can spend time on SAB. 

I don't know what it is with you WvWers who pretend like all the WvW-centric patch notes or roadmaps they put out explicitly detailing stuff about WvW don't exist. You are aware that they're getting Alliances ready to come out of beta, right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

13 minutes ago, Taclism.2406 said:

is that new or has he been saying that since SAB's first release?

I believe it's new, because before checking that out, I heard some rumblings in the community that a new SAB world was indeed in the works. I could be wrong, but considering the player base has tripled, it would make sense that ANet wouldn't want to leave a seasonal event being half-done and probably now have the resources to continue with it. I have a guild member who is brand new and it's his first time checking out SAB, so with all the new people it'd be kind of weird to them to not continue with it, given that they are no longer needing to work on an expansion launch and can divert their resources elsewhere.

12 hours ago, Ghostkat.9580 said:

I don't know what it is with you WvWers who pretend like all the WvW-centric patch notes or roadmaps they put out explicitly detailing stuff about WvW don't exist. You are aware that they're getting Alliances ready to come out of beta, right?

We 'wvw-centric' payers are not pretending anything of the sort. 

For the purposes of this thread; I want Anet to put resources into WvW which is on every day rather than putting that effort into a few week festival. 

You can go on not knowing things as you say.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Blockhead Magee.3092 said:

Please hire a team to integrate SAB into WvW or the other way round. WvW with 8-Bit graphics and smiling snakes is the future.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Wow, it isn't one or the other 🤣 I want WvW development too. How they manage resources is a topic for a different thread. We are discussing our desire to see SAB development. Discuss WvW development on a thread that isn't about SAB please 🤨

But resources are finite. Of course it's not as easy as this: more resources for SAB = less resources for WvW. But still.. Anet cannot focus on everything at the same time. So it's perfectly fine to express the opinion that WvW should have more focus than SAB. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Diovid.9506 said:

But resources are finite. Of course it's not as easy as this: more resources for SAB = less resources for WvW. But still.. Anet cannot focus on everything at the same time. So it's perfectly fine to express the opinion that WvW should have more focus than SAB. 

I mean the OP does say "please hire a team" implying that they don't want existing staff diverted to this project.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Diovid.9506 said:

That's... not how resources work.

Of course not. It just shows that the OP acknowledges the need to get more people instead of diverting WvW developers which seems to be what most of you assume we SAB people are asking for. We want more SAB development. We don't want less anything else development. If you don't like SAB that's fine. You don't have to. But we are allowed to talk about wanting more of this content. It is a really fun part of GW2.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

22 hours ago, Icethorn.6570 said:

It's been 9 years and still no world 3 or 4.  It's unfortunate that the person who originally designed SAB is no longer with Anet.
Please put together a great team to continue work on one of your best events.
Lots of us would rejoice at this.

👍👍

18 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Please no.

Why not? What it is to you if they added the missing two worlds so that the people who love SAB could finally finish its full story?

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

👍👍

Why not? What it is to you if they added the missing two worlds so that the people who love SAB could finally finish its full story?

Finite development resources. I would prefer they be spent on more genre applicable content, features, etc than a gimmick festival. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I mean the OP does say "please hire a team" implying that they don't want existing staff diverted to this project.

Hiring a team for SAB means paying that team out of a defined payroll budget. That means letting people go from other departments....or charging expansion level prices for SAB releases.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Why? The only festival I don't do is SAB. 
If I wanna play a SAB vibe game I'll be on SEGA and Super Mario. 
Please instead replace SAB so game can better take advantage of my graphics card capabilities

Edited by medivh.4725
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3