Horse Mount in Game

After 15 years in World of Warcraft, I had over 300 mounts.  I have been in GW2 for just over a year now.  I really miss my horse mounts.  I love all my GW2 mounts don't get me wrong. But would really love to see a horse mount in the game.  The only one I see that comes near a horse is the Kirin mount.  The Elite one is especially nice.  Any chance that may become a mount in the near future? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

24 minutes ago, EMPI.4013 said:

There are no horses in Tyria. Horses are only legend. If an npc says there's a horse, they are most likely delusional.

This is why I'd like a horse skin for one of the mounts.

In most games the starter mount is a horse and then you have to go out of your way to get the cool mythical beasts. In GW2 the starter mount, and all the other base mounts, are cool mythical beasts. I think it would be fun to have to go on a long quest (aka series of collections) to unlock the mythical horse from a distant land, and in-universe it would make total sense because horses are near-mythical creatures not seen in Tyria for generations.

(They used to exist, there's mentions of them historically in Kryta and they presumably existed in Orr as recently as the Cataclysm since GW1 had orrian horsemen as enemies. There's also one horse in GW2, but no one's seen it for a very long time.)

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

I believe there was a thread who showed art with Horses, what got later changed because Horses don't exist or no longer exist in Tyria. Instead of horses, there are Dolyaks.

And we, as Player, have the Raptor.

So give me a dolyak Mount so when I get farmed in wvw I can feel more immersed xD 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

People say a horse mount could bring nothing to the game....all the other mounts have certain powers....so give it a special power.  I do like the Kirin Elite mount very much.  It could have a speed buff or have a power buff on it's front legs to hit with.  And of course the Kirin mount is very nice looking.  It could have different saddles and head pieces.  Sorry if you are not a horse lover.  

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

It’s a fantasy game. It doesn’t have to have horses. We got unipegagriffons. Praised be the winged fluff!

I would like a kirin skin though they are cute 

That abomination is not to be spoken about.

By now I have given up hope to ever see a horse skin in game. Kirin is probably the next best thing to hope for.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I mean, they could always make a decent skin for the raptor that could be a horse.

... But then again... After seeing the griffon skin "Sacred Pegasus", I believe Anet should stay away from horses. I seriously thought the skin was a out-of-season April Fool's joke until I actually saw it in the gem store. :| 

• Like 3

On 3/31/2022 at 2:48 PM, Neyteri.5960 said:

After 15 years in World of Warcraft, I had over 300 mounts.  I have been in GW2 for just over a year now.  I really miss my horse mounts.  I love all my GW2 mounts don't get me wrong. But would really love to see a horse mount in the game.  The only one I see that comes near a horse is the Kirin mount.  The Elite one is especially nice.  Any chance that may become a mount in the near future? 

I could see a horse skin for the dog, but a new mount wouldn't be worth the effort.

• Like 1