Imagine how cool that would be <3 VOIP

Voicechat in gw2!

Just imagine how cool that would be ❤️

Finally i can hear all the squeeky 15yearolds screaming "REEEEEEEE" in my Ear just before i get ganked out of stealth. Just imagine it! XD

I can see this being abused so much... and im all about it 😄 This would elevate the spvp salt and trolling in WvW to a whole nother level!

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 16

• Sahne.6950 changed the title to Imagine how cool that would be <3 VOIP

Yes, it would be wonderful to enjoy metas with voice chat, especialy if it looks like this:

*Distorted voice*

*Scream from another room: DINNER'S READY"

*"what kind of kitten build do you play noob. Delete your game"*

*"5g pls"*

*Someone's breathing into mic*

*"How to get [insert any Point of Interest name] PoI?"*

*"Need help with event"*

*"SOMEONE RES ME PLZ"*

*Music*

*"What's your favorire character? I love Tybalt"*

*"Change your nomad gear, omg"*

"*How much time 'til meta?"*

*Keyboard smashing sounds*

*"NO, MOM, I DON'T HAVE ANY HOMEWORK"*

*Random unfunny joke*

*"Hey guys, I'm a WoW refugee. Any tips?"*

*"BIG DPS NOW"*

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Honestly, in-game VOIP is a key feature that would make games accessible for me.  As of now, it's extremely difficult to communicate in-game to the point that I don't.  Setting up 3rd party VOIP requires that I already know the person personally and outside the game.  I don't have a way to copy in-game VOIP information and it's extremely difficult to read the OCR of a string of what is essentially random letters and numbers.  

However, there is so much required to not only develop a VOIP system, but to implement and moderate it as well.  This is so far beyond most game developers that, if it is not intended as a key component of the original game design, it's just not worth doing.  There's so much that can go wrong and so many ways for players to grief the system if not properly implemented and moderated.

As much as I want this system, it's beyond the scope of GW2.

I still wish that the ArenaNet devs would prove me wrong.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

Yes, it would be wonderful to enjoy metas with voice chat, especialy if it looks like this:

*Distorted voice*

*Scream from another room: DINNER'S READY"

*"what kind of kitten build do you play noob. Delete your game"*

*"5g pls"*

*Someone's breathing into mic*

*"How to get [insert any Point of Interest name] PoI?"*

*"Need help with event"*

*"SOMEONE RES ME PLZ"*

*Music*

*"What's your favorire character? I love Tybalt"*

*"Change your nomad gear, omg"*

"*How much time 'til meta?"*

*Keyboard smashing sounds*

*"NO, MOM, I DON'T HAVE ANY HOMEWORK"*

*Random unfunny joke*

*"Hey guys, I'm a WoW refugee. Any tips?"*

*"BIG DPS NOW"*

EXACTLY THIS! it would be a hot mess.... and im all about it. 😄

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Not live, probably, but they will have written chat logs and if someone is reported then they can easily check.  Not so much with voice chat.

dont act like anybody has ever received a ban because they flamed someone in spvp for example 😄

i mean... i heard of some cases, but those are the exception

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

The vast majority of the time I can't use voice chat (I usually can't even have the sound on). That's normally not a problem for me, but I'm concerned that if it was built into the game more groups would require it, and I may not even know because if you're automatically added into voice chat when you join the group and they're communicating exclusively by voice but I've got my sound turned off all I'll know is that nothing is being said in chat.

Maybe if there was some sort of subtitle function it would be ok (although automatic subtitles are universally terrible), but if not it would mean I'd have to avoid joining groups except on the rare occasions I'll be able to listen to them, which will make completing anything that needs a group a lot harder for me.

(And that's before we get into other issues, like the people who decide they're going to be the group or maps DJ, don't understand how to mute background noise on their end or seem to think everyone wants to hear them eating with the microphone practically in their mouth as well. Ideally you'd need a whole load of additional moderation tools, like the ability for the commander to mute other players, just to make it bearable. On top of all the technical considerations to make it work at all.)

• Thanks 1

Wouldn’t use it.  Would oh d stay with discord. It helps avoid the crap, while still getting the benefits of VOIP.  

It also keeps it fairly optional.  Those that dislike it stay away from the groups that require it.  

Having Anet sink a lot of resources into creating something that others are doing better for a 10 y/o game just doesn’t seem to make sense.

Honestly, I’d rather more in game content, fixing more existing content, more maps, etc.

• Like 3

No ty. Other games with it is a pain. The amount of trolls I would have to mute 👀 besides if it would become a requirement for metas and event it would be a mess in eu with language barriers. Getting bad flashback of the time I tried fortnite. Ran away from that pretty fast. 

best to keep it the way it is now. Discord works well for that purpose.