Can you get my Mech out of my face?

Random.4750

Just specced out a Mechanist, and it's a lot of fun, but seriously.... everything I interact with, everybody I talk to... I have Big Green just sitting there, on top of whatever I'm trying to look at ALL THE TIME. And it's so massive, it blocks everything.  I'm constantly F4'ing him away just so I can see.  Never had this issues with Ranger Pets, or Necro minions.

Putting me off on the spec, since it's blocking all my interactions. :-(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 1:54 AM, Random.4750 said:

Just specced out a Mechanist, and it's a lot of fun, but seriously.... everything I interact with, everybody I talk to... I have Big Green just sitting there, on top of whatever I'm trying to look at ALL THE TIME. And it's so massive, it blocks everything.  I'm constantly F4'ing him away just so I can see.  Never had this issues with Ranger Pets, or Necro minions.

Putting me off on the spec, since it's blocking all my interactions. 😞

Yea personally i like the playstyle but the mech is like 75% too big it takes way too much space on screen and it going back and forth zooming and wooshing constantly becomes quite annoying real fast.

Mech constantly zooming away and back might be better if i could dye it with color that is not so eye sore if i could paint it full shadow abyss it might be more tolerable its just too distracting to me for enjoying the spec.

And i am not even talking about it getting stuck on every pebble or when i need it on combat it for some reason desides to take the longest route to get in a fight.

On 4/18/2022 at 11:54 PM, Random.4750 said:

One of the many things I dislike about mechanist is the ugliness and obstructive size of the mech. It looks ridiculous in it's sheer width. For me the whole spec needs one of either of two fixes to deal with the mech:

1. Customisation. Let people modify it's appearance, so we can get rid of the absurd shoulders and make them stand out from others people's mechs. Let's face it tho this is probably impossible. The skin idea could work, as suggest by stx.4857

2. Rework the whole spec so that it can have different pets. There's a whole host of Jade Golems that look utterly superior to the player's one, give Mechanists Ranger style taming. They could even give it different text like Repair Golem or Hack Golem. It'd make the whole spec more interesting and let people get rid of the lumbering green billboard. I fail to see why NPCS should get better looking gear than the players and I mean, the spec shares all the exact same issues that the untamed has. It's clear they've just copypastad the exact same template from one to the other. Just copy a little bit more.

Edit: Hah! I love the confused reactions to this.

"Options?! No Please no, anything but options!!!"

Prats.

Edited by wolfyrik.2017
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

On 5/9/2022 at 10:00 AM, wolfyrik.2017 said:

One of the many things I dislike about mechanist is the ugliness and obstructive size of the mech. It looks ridiculous in it's sheer width. For me the whole spec needs one of either of two fixes to deal with the mech:

1. Customisation. Let people modify it's appearance, so we can get rid of the absurd shoulders and make them stand out from others people's mechs. Let's face it tho this is probably impossible. The skin idea could work, as suggest by stx.4857

2. Rework the whole spec so that it can have different pets. There's a whole host of Jade Golems that look utterly superior to the player's one, give Mechanists Ranger style taming. They could even give it different text like Repair Golem or Hack Golem. It'd make the whole spec more interesting and let people get rid of the lumbering green billboard. I fail to see why NPCS should get better looking gear than the players and I mean, the spec shares all the exact same issues that the untamed has. It's clear they've just copypastad the exact same template from one to the other. Just copy a little bit more.

Edit: Hah! I love the confused reactions to this.

"Options?! No Please no, anything but options!!!"

Prats.

I agree and am not playing and just checking the forums every now and then to see if any headway has been made. But I suspect this will go the way of turrets.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Not an engi main - but the mechanist class caught my eye so I figured I'd try it out.  The large mech always in the way (especially in crowded areas filled with other mechanists) was a bit annoying.  Dismissing him is easy enough and crash down is cool calling him in etc.... But it would be cool if out of combat for say 10-15 seconds the mech pulled a transformer move and shrunk down to the size of a jade bot or something.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 12:54 AM, Random.4750 said:

I hate that mech too, for the reasons you listed as well as its aestherics.

Time for additional mech skin options - how about a nice classic Golem skin?