A REAL legendary armor

2 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

And on top of that, you can drop eggs from PvP and WvW.

Didn't know PvP and WvW are part of PvE.

2 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

Same with the other mats actually. They all have alternative acquisition paths. Salvaging certain items, buying very cheap mats and crafting them to an auric ingot. The necessary provisioners tokens can be bought with karma only. Rest is just mats that can be bought with gold.

They all have alternative paths, but those paths are not Raids. 

You still forgot to mention how you'd get Gift of Might and Magic through Raiding only. 

1 minute ago, Tails.9372 said:

Which doesn't contradict what they said.

Except no one here asked for the Envoy set to be made available outside of raids. In fact, the OP specifically stated that the Envoy set should stay raid exclusive.

Then what was the original proposal?

1 hour ago, Mercutio.6312 said:

It could be similar to the ways to get the legendary armor of pvp by replacing items obtained with pvp currencies with items obtained with the many currencies of pve or the completion of achievements and collections. 

Grab the PvP armor, remove the PvP parts and throw in easy Open World stuff.  So, grab the Legendary armor from a game mode, remove everything that ties it to that game mode, including the difficulty and time gates and just put it into PvE as an "alternative" to PvE players. No time gates, no effort, nothing. You take someone's armor they got in months and make it yourself without any effort. 
The proposals to OW Legendary armor have mostly, if not only been asking for <Content X> Legendary, but with all the effort or difficulty removed while being "nice" enough to the players of said content and telling them they can keep their Legendary.

• Like 7
  • Confused 6

6 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Didn't know PvP and WvW are part of PvE.

Just pointing out. It's very fast to get and there is alternatives.

They all have alternative paths, but those paths are not Raids. 

I mean. Yes, you do need to use the TP to get it. And possibly craft something.

But besides Eggs, everything necessary can be gained by playing nothing but raids and trading the rewards or converting currencies. 

As mentioned. For eggs that's on average one meta or two alternative acquisition methods that do not require OW. 

A legendary armor requiring this amount of raid participation would be fine. 

You still forgot to mention how you'd get Gift of Might and Magic through Raiding only. 

You make gold. You can buy everything necessary off of TP. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

9 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Okay, thanks for telling us you have never Raided before 😄 

2 liquid gold. 17s from unidentified gear. 20s to several gold from the exotic drop. Per boss.

And you can make 3s per magnetite shard. 

Edit: Assuming a full HoT clear in 3 hours that's ~15 gold per hour. Which isn't great but not abysmal either. 

Edited by Erise.5614
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

2 liquid gold.

17s from unidentified gear.

20s to several gold from the exotic drop.

And you can make 3s per magnetite shard. 

50 liquid gold, 4,25 gold from gear, 9 gold from Magnetite Shards, 5 gold to maybe 10 gold from Exotic drops, get out of here with "to several gold", the highest value Exotic I saw dropping from Raids went for 1 gold 71 silver. This all amounts to ~75 gold at max in a week. Or a bit over 2 hours in Drizzlewood Coast.

So much gold, enough for so many things.

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

50 liquid gold, 4,25 gold from gear, 9 gold from Magnetite Shards, 5 gold to maybe 10 gold from Exotic drops, get out of here with "to several gold", the highest value Exotic I saw dropping from Raids went for 1 gold 71 silver. This all amounts to ~75 gold at max in a week. Or a bit over 2 hours in Drizzlewood Coast.

So much gold, enough for so many things.

Again. We ain't asking for fast and cheap OW legendaries. It is possible to get all 3 sets of raid armor with about 6 hours of non raid gameplay.

Not conveniently. But the game nudging you towards other content is fine. 

Getting all 3 sets of raid armor also require 750LI. Which, even on the very low end is 125 hours. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

32 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Legendary armor was added with Raids

Legendary armor came 2 years after raids

Because raids were the obvious failure that everyone could have told it would be, Anet needed a way to lure people into it so they could pretend people love it when looking at their metrics.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

'Raids aren't like the PvE most people play, so there should be a PvE legendary set in addition to the raid one.'
'No, raids are easy, just raid.'
'If they're easy, and if you consider PvE easy, then isn't it fine to add a set for PvE?'
'No, raids are hard and take skill.'

Given that I always see these opposing arguments from the same people depending on how the conversation is going, I have to ask - which is it?

As long as time, effort, and resources go into the making of a legendary item (whether a weapon, armor, or trinket) I think it's reasonable for many modes to have a path to them. Legendary gear is a participation trophy, and more importantly it's a reward for dedicating playtime to the content you enjoy. Seems like kind of a no-brainer that if OW and general PvE is what the majority of your players is into, you'd add a legendary set to that content.

Your move, ArenaNet.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

57 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

Again. We ain't asking for fast and cheap OW legendaries. It is possible to get all 3 sets of raid armor with about 6 hours of non raid gameplay.

Not conveniently. But the game nudging you towards other content is fine. 

Getting all 3 sets of raid armor also require 750LI. Which, even on the very low end is 125 hours. 

Legendary Sandstorm Player Achievement would be an equivalent required achievement that would make Overworld Legendary Armor on par with Raid, WvW, & PvP Legendary Armor considering the difficulty in Overworld.

Edited by Xerxez.7361
Didn't realize I typed PvE instead of PvP

1 minute ago, Xerxez.7361 said:

Legendary Sandstorm Player Achievement would be an equivalent required achievement that would make Overworld Legendary Armor on par with Raid, WvW, & PvE Legendary Armor considering the difficulty in Overworld.

To make open world legendary on par to WvW we would be able to purchase the precursor after doing events in queensdale and idling in lion's arch

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

There is  no need for PvE legendary in the OW , nor increasing the rewards in the CM mode : P

OW don't need Legendary , and  CM mode don't need to be fully populated . Normal Mode and Story Mode will be enough for the majority : P Or they can join themselves the Drizzelwood

(so Old gg , their campaign to rally the casual in the Reddit , like when Fractals CM were nerfed and trying to scare them with the excuse that fractal releases might stop  , didn't work out . When the next WvWvW test starts ?  )

Have you heard of any new fractals in development have we got any new fractals?

No so yea seem pretty accurate that fractal releases have stoped.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mercutio.6312 said:

In the wiki the legendary armor obtainable by raiding is referred to as legendary pve armor but the rai are only a small part of the pve content.
Wordl Boss, dynamic events, Meta Event, hearts, dungeons, fractals, jumping puzzles, adventures, mount races, bounty, crafting, personal story, living story, strike mission, dragon response mission, mini-game are all part of the pve.
It should be added a legendary armor really pve that allows those who play the largest part of the pve content but do not like raids to be able to get it.
It could be similar to the ways to get the legendary armor of pvp by replacing items obtained with pvp currencies with items obtained with the many currencies of pve or the completion of achievements and collections. As an ascent armor to get the legendary armor you could use the one created with crafting. The legendary armor obtained with the raids would remain, as now, the exclusive skin.

Pve armor requires more than just raids, so your complaint about it is about wanting to play less of the content despite of how you want to depict it here 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Zoid.2568 said:

I'm not really good at raiding but I have probably got around 600 Li and I have not raided that much. PvP i'm not good at that either or wvw. Still I think that legendary armor should be for the true endgame.

Indeed, I don’t see challenging content in open world to justify legendary armor. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Have you heard of any new fractals in development have we got any new fractals?

No so yea seem pretty accurate that fractal releases have stoped.

Have we heard they stop developing them ? As far we know they created the expac and the completed the  next 1-2 months content and took a 7-days break .

I simply find it funny , things that are happening in Reddit : P 

Ppl trying to gain the casual support , to reach their goals and then these kind of threads on the forums , acts as "thorns"  (Legendary -LFG -Raid Seller)

Rather than waste more time to fix this relationship , let's move to other areas : WvW>Dungeons>PvP

Casual don't need Legendary Armor and Pros can join the Drizzlewood for more money

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

But ofc. gearing up to the highest tier possible is for many players a fundamental part the genre and as long as there is no general path for players at their related endgame to obtain it there, has been and, will always be threads like this popping up. The only way to stop this from happening is for A-Net not just to address but to properly solve the issue.

Ascended gear is already BiS and there's plenty of ways to get it. Want more? Play more of the game's content. Don't want to? Great, stick to the ascended tier, it's not a problem and never was.

• Like 9
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Boh.4568 said:

Do OW-only players even need to swap runes and stats that often that they need a legendary armor?

No they don’t. And most open world players wouldn’t care about an open world legendary armor. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 6
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ascended gear is already BiS and there's plenty of ways to get it. Want more? Play more of the game's content. Don't want to? Great, stick to the ascended tier, it's not a problem and never was.

Exactly , just like Pros can join Drizzelwood , for more gold . 

If they don't want it , there is no problem

• Confused 3

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Exactly , just like Pros can join Drizzelwood , for more gold . 

If they don't want it , there is no problem

What are you even talking about right now? This responds to absolutely nothing I wrote in my post.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

What are you even talking about right now? This responds to absolutely nothing I wrote in my post.

People whine that they want Legendary , so they better do the appropriate content .

So if people want more  gold from Instance , they should do the appropriate content (drizzlewood).

I agree with you , that people should do the appropriate content

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

People whine that they want Legendary , so they better do the appropriate content .

Yes. I agree.

So if people want more  gold from Instance , they should do the appropriate content (drizzlewood).

This has nothing to do with this thread nor my post though.

I agree with you , that people should do the appropriate content

Cool. But stop derailing it into something it's not.

If you agree with what I said then I guess we're done here, cheers 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

Yes. I agree.

This has nothing to do with this thread nor my post though.

Cool. But stop derailing it into something it's not.

It's not derailing . I simply agree with your post that people should do the appropriate content , rather asking for more.

You want gold ? Go Drizzlewood . Expand you safezone

• Confused 2