A REAL legendary armor

6 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

You do realise that it's pretty much impossible to make a path to an OW set less difficult than the sPvP / WvW ones which can be obtained by losing every engagement (sPvP) / kill a random NPC from an enemy faction every once in a while (WvW).

But ok, having a set that costs on average 750 gold per piece (which would be 10 times as much as the WvW verson) with 900 gold per piece for the "super flashy version" of it with a time gate in from of a vendor item which can only be bought with a currency exclusively and universally obtained by completing PvE events should suffice then.

You do realise that to finish my wvw set i had to do pve things right? I had to follow dollies, kill npc's for camps and land claimers and now and again rest my sorry kitten on a monument or two? I also had to do that to make my second conflux. The only thing wvw needed was time and a thick skin. 

RIP outnumbered pips 😞

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Also going to throw this possibility out there that ow legendary armor can also be heavily skill gated. Requirements could include

1. Push the bomb to the octovine within 7 seconds of it spawning in south lane.

2. Contribute over 7000 breakbar damage in xyz encounter.

3. Stand in every single green while fighting the unstable anomoly in bloodstone fen.

4. Deal more than 2 million damage in xyz encounter.

5. Don't get hit by a single orange circle in chak gerent and deal x amount of damage to it.

6. And many others...

You can demand more from the player in the content they already have. Whether or not that's a worthwhile use of dev resources only anet can determine but this implementation would allow ow to play their ow and raiders to keep the skill gate prestige of envoy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Shikaru.7618 said:

Also going to throw this possibility out there that ow legendary armor can also be heavily skill gated. Requirements could include

1. Push the bomb to the octovine within 7 seconds of it spawning in south lane.

2. Contribute over 7000 breakbar damage in xyz encounter.

3. Stand in every single green while fighting the unstable anomoly in bloodstone fen.

4. Deal more than 2 million damage in xyz encounter.

5. Don't get hit by a single orange circle in chak gerent and deal x amount of damage to it.

6. And many others...

You can demand more from the player in the content they already have. Whether or not that's a worthwhile use of dev resources only anet can determine but this implementation would allow ow to play their ow and raiders to keep the skill gate prestige of envoy.

And then the same ones that are now demanding an OW set will come here and complain that it’s too hard and must be nerfed. What a waste of resources that would be. They don’t want it to be a challenge, otherwise they would raid. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, yoni.7015 said:

And then the same ones that are now demanding an OW set will come here and complain that it’s too hard and must be nerfed. What a waste of resources that would be. 

I do love how you guys think you speak for everyone XD.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

You do realise that to finish my wvw set i had to do pve things right?

No you don't, the only thing you need is participation which can be obtained without ever having to "follow dollies" or anything like that.

17 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

The only thing wvw needed was time and a thick skin.

Almost, it's time and some form of engagement that rewards participation. Which kind of it is completely up to the player.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Tails.9372 said:

No you don't, the only thing you need is participation which can be obtained without ever having to "follow dollies" or anything like that.

Almost, it's time one some form of engagement that rewards participation. Which kind of it is completely up to the player.

But it's not hard then XD.

• Confused 3

First of all, I have to say that I already have the 3 legendary raid sets, so I don't need them.
I totally agree with the idea of another pve armor, unfortunately some people don't have the possibility to get their legendary set and we can get annoyed and tell them to raid, but the fact is they won't raid.
As I said in another thread, I agree with the idea, as long as it's a little challenging, with achievements like: "do a certain meta event without being hit by a certain skill, dodge skill x from boss y 10 times", etc.

Edited by Nakasz.5471
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You're thinking about the better skin version (which, btw, you don't need to buy legendary for). The normal version has no requirements, and needs only 22 weeks.

"Only 22 weeks of diamond chest". Thats still 330h timegate depending on luck. Diamond chest farm is still completely ridiculous time wise.

Its not just 22 weeks. Its 22 weeks of diamond chest. Decent open world farm + paying raid sellers is still comparable. Legendary armor is the only reward raids have anyways. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Tails.9372 said:

You do realise that it's pretty much impossible to make a path to an OW set less difficult than the sPvP / WvW ones which can be obtained by losing every engagement (sPvP) / kill a random NPC from an enemy faction every once in a while (WvW).

But ok, having a set that costs on average 750 gold per piece (which would be 10 times as much as the WvW verson) with 900 gold per piece for the "super flashy version" of it with a time gate in from of a vendor item which can only be bought with a currency exclusively and universally obtained by completing PvE events should suffice then.

Will the events from which you get that OW currency be subject to disruption by other players attacking you? Can't get skirmish tickets from participation ticks in WvW if opposing players prevent you from taking objectives.

Remember, it is already possible to get WvW legendaries via OW play. People just want it faster and easier.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

40 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Can't get skirmish tickets from participation ticks in WvW if opposing players prevent you from taking objectives.

Actually you can, participation does not require you to take an objective. Just killing one of the NPCs while passing through is enough.

40 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Remember, it is already possible to get WvW legendaries via OW play. People just want it faster and easier.

No it's not, you're just making stuff up now. WvW legendaries require WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets and there is no way to ern them outside of playing WvW. And as I said it's pretty much impossible to make it less difficult than what WvW currently is. The notion that people "just want it easy" is nothing more than a dishonest talking point used by people for the sake of being contrarian.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Tell me in how many games you can get the best gear in the game 3 different ways??? 
Devs already made it so much easier for you because you can actually pick. In other games you have only one option, its a lot of grind and its something ppl dont have to like. If they want it, they have to grind what they dont like.

If you have no skill to do raids (PVE) you c an do it in wvw or pvp, in both you need 0 skill to finish it, you can make lege armor by losing every single pvp game....DO YOU REALLY NEED MORE?

What is next you will ask for? "Give me the best gear in the game"?

Ppl should open their eyes and realize how boring this game would be if everything is given to you.

Edit: thinking about it, to ppl like this, who still complain, I wouldnt even let you make ascended armor, which btw has same stats as legendary.....One HUGE thing that Anet made easier for you again....yet you still dare to complain.

Edited by Cernoch.8524
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Tell me in how many games you can get the best gear in the game 3 different ways??? 
Devs already made it so much easier for you because you can actually pick. In other games you have only one option, its a lot of grind and its something ppl dont have to like. If they want it, they have to grind what they dont like.

If you have no skill to do raids (PVE) you c an do it in wvw or pvp, in both you need 0 skill to finish it, you can make lege armor by losing every single pvp game....DO YOU REALLY NEED MORE?

Ppl should open their eyes and realize how boring this game would be if everything is given to you.

Edit: thinking about it, to ppl like this, who still complain, I wouldnt even let you make ascended armor, which btw has same stats as legendary.....One HUGE thing that Anet made easier for you again....yet you still dare to complain.

It’s always the same few players that complain. Today it’s open world legendary armor, tomorrow they’ll continue to complain about how hard the DE meta is. 

It would be a terrible game if everything were just handed to you without having to do something for it. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Pretty much every RPG that takes a horizontal approach to content progression (take a guess which category GW2 belongs to) and even some of the vertical ones like PSO2 which essentially gave out BiS gear though SM like 12 man boss encounters, single player content, achievements and even events.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

pvp = no skill 

wvw = no skill 

open world according to a lot of raiders = no skill 

and yet only 2 of them have leg armor  pvp cant even reap the benefits of said armor in that mode and yet open world players who do want to go on a legendary journey in the mode they prefer cant as  'don't need it as open world too easy to benefit from it ' according to some 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/23/2022 at 1:13 PM, yoni.7015 said:

There already is a PvE legendary armor set, they shouldn’t waste resources on another one. Everyone who wants a legendary armor has three ways to choose how to get it. 

I love this... Don't we have enough legendary weapon but we getting more?

Edit : disagree all you want but it's the truth 😄

Edited by Yellow Rainbow.6142
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, lionlady.1560 said:

pvp = no skill 

wvw = no skill 

and yet only 2 of them have leg armor  pvp cant even reap the benefits of said armor in that mode and yet open world players who do want to go on a legendary journey in the mode they prefer cant as  'don't need it as open world too easy to benefit from it ' according to some 

I meant it that you need a bit of "skill" or knowledge lets say to get raid legendary. In pvp or wvw you can nearly afk if you are ok with ruining games for others. True that pvp shouldnt even have lege armor cause there is no reason for it....but ti does, for players to have more options, yet its never enough options I guess.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, lionlady.1560 said:

pvp = no skill 

wvw = no skill 

The difference is everyone plays OpenWorld. You don't need an incentive to play OpenWorld its the default game mode.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

I love this... Don't we have enough legendary weapon but we getting more?

Edit : disagree all you want but it's the truth 😄

It is a truth but only a little bit, They have different skins yet very similar way of getting them.

Ppl are asking for armo to get with different way. 
If we do same with armor as what we do with weapons, it would be different skins of armor but still obraining from PvE raids...And ppl would still complain.

• Confused 5

1 minute ago, Yellow Rainbow.6142 said:

I don't see harm giving open world players option to get legendary armor. They can model after gen 3 weapons. Just make it grindy. I think, it will be good for game health.

Sure make it grindy and be ready for another milion of new topics about how grindy it is.

Skyscale remember? We are getting new topics about it even years later.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Sure make it grindy and be ready for another milion of new topics about how grindy it is.

Skyscale remember? We are getting new topics about it even years later.

Skyscale is grindy but I don't think people quit game over it. But, if open world player have nothing to do, they will quit. At least, this will keep them going for couple of more years.

I sincerely think, it will be good for game health. I could be wrong though.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2