End of Dragons - End of My Fun in Guild Wars 2

29 minutes ago, Borked.6824 said:

Maybe that's the point.  It's 1 map devoted to 1 stupid event that people don't like, is tiresomely challenging, and gives no reward.  You could consider that 1/4 the expansion wasted.

People didn't like Dragons Stand either when HoT released... It is also 1 map for 1 meta event. Iirc, people didn't like that when it first released either. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

9 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

But they don't even do the mechanics either. 

Just look at break bars. 

And I don't consider having to run to a different location a mechanic. But even that seems hard for some people. 

Dodging a attack is also not mechanic as dodging is part of every fight. 

Basically, what you say it the best they can do is actually not even the bear minimum they should be capable of. 

Easily fixed make more skills break bars..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, Wielder Of Magic.3950 said:

Are you literally suggesting to add more powercreep in order to compensate for player incompetence?

Yes

4 minutes ago, Haleydawn.3764 said:

You mean more than these? There's plenty of CC in game, players who choose to run them on the other hand...

Yes more.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

11 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Easily fixed make more skills break bars..

omg. """easy fix""" for having any mechanic in the game: just make that mechanic auto-completed no matter what you do.

Or maybe the actual "fix" here is for those players to understand the mechanics, read the skill destriptions and use what should be used in order to succeed?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

On 4/24/2022 at 10:08 PM, Nabunda.8327 said:

Since the release of the EOD expansion, I was very excited.

I've never been as frustrated as I am today by the events and the expansion as a whole.

I'm a casual gamer, work monday to friday, two days to play and relax... now imagine coming to the weekend, doing some Meta Event, spending 2 hours in an event and it fails, bad rewards.

I don't know if my time in Guild Wars is over, or if it really is the game that needs urgent attention.

After 8 years, I've done everything I wanted, pvp, wvw, raid, legendary armor, 18 legendary weapons... trinkets

The Event in Dragon's End IS NOT FUN!! It's a pure waste of time!

With a F RNG.

You have legendary every thing in the game, including 18 legendary weapons and you claimed that you are a casual player? Wow, I wonder what you can do when you turn Pro 😄 I have only 2 legendary weapons and i got my turtle in the second week of EoD launch and I am too a very casual average player.

Oh come on, it isn't that hard, especially now many Commanders and PuGs are familiar with the mechanics and some of the 'Event Fail' mechanics have been long removed. And, there are regular organised squads running every day. Go find one.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Confused 8

5 hours ago, Mil.3562 said:

Oh come on, it isn't that hard, especially now many Commanders and PuGs are familiar with the mechanics and some of the 'Event Fail' mechanics have been long removed. And, there are regular organised squads running every day. Go find one.

I've been in organized squads with commanders three times since this morning, three failed attempts.

Five now*

Edited by vanfrano.1325
updated status
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 4/24/2022 at 10:11 AM, yoni.7015 said:

There are already several threads about this topic. You are not adding anything new to the discussion, so why open a new one? 

Because sometimes people , in this case Anet and their devs, require many many repeats of the same topic before they even begin to understand and even then they may continue to ignore it.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Blude.6812 said:

Because sometimes people , in this case Anet and their devs, require many many repeats of the same topic before they even begin to understand and even then they may continue to ignore it.

Are you trying to suggest that some things are ignored because people aren't aware of those complaints/threads and not just because -maybe- the complaint saying "existance of one harder meta event somehow prohibits me from having fun in the rest of the content" is kind of... weird?

• Like 3
  • Confused 7

49 minutes ago, Blude.6812 said:

You've been around here long enough to know that this isn't the case.

• Like 2
  • Confused 10

50 minutes ago, Blude.6812 said:

What do you mean by "ignoring it". ANet has listened and moved the turtle thingy to a vendor, made changes to the meta and the boss.
I think it's just not free enough for you, that's why you call it "ignoring it". Please tell us, when will it be hands off enough?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

5 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Are you trying to suggest that some things are ignored because people aren't aware of those complaints/threads and not just because -maybe- the complaint saying "existance of one harder meta event somehow prohibits me from having fun in the rest of the content" is kind of... weird?

Not at all. I was referring to Anet that seems to consistently ignore players and their concerns.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

What do you mean by "ignoring it". ANet has listened and moved the turtle thingy to a vendor, made changes to the meta and the boss.
I think it's just not free enough for you, that's why you call it "ignoring it". Please tell us, when will it be hands off enough?

I earned my turtle and played the forced strike mission. So don't assume it has to be 'not free enough' for me. That poorly thought out insulting comment has absoulutely NOTHING to do with my comment.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

The boss should die when I do the POINT emote in his general direction.....

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

7 minutes ago, Blude.6812 said:

Not at all. I was referring to Anet that seems to consistently ignore players and their concerns.

Every single time you think that ANet is, "ignoring players," it means that they are listening to someone other than you at the moment.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Blude.6812 said:

When I said "people", I did mean "devs/anet" here btw, was hoping that's a given. To rephrase it: not every piece of complaint is a good reason for a change that fits that complaint.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Every single time you think that ANet is, "ignoring players," it means that they are listening to someone other than you at the moment.

This is such an incorrect statement its actually amazing you typed it. Anet ignores nearly all feedback we offer, otherwise the game would be in a much better state for all players, you'd not have Warriors wanting an entire redesign of their class as they have many utilities that need to be updated, you'd not have complaints, you'd not have messes like this DE meta in the first place. And you'd not have a failed expansion that has cost the next expansion sales due to now people knowing to not pre-order. You are basically saying you want the game to die and no one to ever play it again as the servers shut down forever. 

I don't feel this at all. Anet was forced to add the Turtle to the vendor, they didn't want to do it. In their first post addressing it which got over 70!! pages it was addressing the fact that all they were doing was damage control because they felt forced to do it, it never once felt like we were being listened to because the fight is still terrible and still has terrible rewards. 

When you asked in game before you got so much hate for the event, you get less now because everyone has left the map and only the avid defenders who want the game to die are still completing it. They have ignored a vast majority of their playerbase this time around and its extremely telling with how empty the zones are now and were at launch. EoD was released a year too early and needed a lot more work. DE never should have released in this state yet alone had excuses as to why they don't want to nerf it into the state it should be. If things are left like this, fine, Cantha will be even less populated then PoF zones as the game leaks players. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

Just now, Gorem.8104 said:

This is such an incorrect statement its actually amazing you typed it. Anet ignores nearly all feedback we offer, otherwise the game would be in a much better state for all players, you'd not have Warriors wanting an entire redesign of their class as they have many utilities that need to be updated, you'd not have complaints, you'd not have messes like this DE meta in the first place. And you'd not have a failed expansion that has cost the next expansion sales due to now people knowing to not pre-order. You are basically saying you want the game to die and no one to ever play it again as the servers shut down forever.

You are incorrect to a degree bordering on delusion. There is NOTHING that could ever be done, no amount of attention to player complaints, and so on that would not result in different complaints. For example there are complainfs about the nerfs to the DE meta (something that I enjoyed but will not likely repeat due to rewards). There are players enjoying their warriors as they are right now who would be unhappy with dramatic overhauls. 

Nearly every single change, update, etc to the game has followed feedback to that effect...including the addition of more challenging open world events. You can make a purely subjective observation that you think that ANet is ignoring the "good" feedback and listening to "bad" feedback, but claiming that they ignore feedback is utterly false.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

30 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

I don't feel this at all. Anet was forced to add the Turtle to the vendor, they didn't want to do it. In their first post addressing it which got over 70!! pages it was addressing the fact that all they were doing was damage control because they felt forced to do it, it never once felt like we were being listened to because the fight is still terrible and still has terrible rewards.

Well, we don't know what went through ANet's head. But the fight was one way and gated the turtle, then there was a consumer reaction and in turn ANet made adjustments to fix the RNG'ness of the encounter and the mechanics to make it more accessaable. Also they moved the turtle to a vendor. That's not "ignoring" the 70 pages long thread, not at all, which was what I was pointing out. How much they liked to make those changes is hard to tell. ANet possibly had a different vision on how this was going to go down.
Also I never talked about rewards, those are crap, no question. But I don't think this thread is about the rewards, it's about content being perceived as too hard or unsurmountable and feeling left out about it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3