When is S1:E2 coming? [Merged]

3 minutes ago, Kitty La Boom Boom.4065 said:

Most LW seasons have new episodes every Tuesday.  Will we be getting the next episode anytime soon?

I don't think there will be weekly releases, according to what little information has been given on the matter ("[...] throughout 2022."). A bi-monthly release schedule seems more likely.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kitty La Boom Boom.4065 said:

Most LW seasons have new episodes every Tuesday.  Will we be getting the next episode anytime soon?

What the hell game have you been playing?

’most’, AKA the majority, or LW seasons have had MONTHS in Between episodes. Even in the early days it was two weeks not every week.  Anyhow the next episode is may 24 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kitty La Boom Boom.4065 said:

There have never been weekly releases. Even Season 1, the game's fastest cadence, was biweekly - every other Tuesday.

But biweekly content hasn't been true since S2E7's release.

Seasons 3 were mostly bi-monthly (some as long as every 3 months), while most of S4's were once every 3 or 4 months. IBS managed a strict bi-monthly release cadence.

Anyways, Season 1's return is probably a monthly release cadence. Though @Ashantara.8731 missed it, the article they linked states Episode 2 will be live on May 24th:

• March 15—End of Dragons Polish Build
  • March 29—Super Adventure Festival, End of Dragons Polish Build
  • April 19—Living World Season 1 Episode 1, Aetherblade Hideout Challenge Mode
  • May 10—Xunlai Jade Junkyard Challenge Mode
  • May 24—Living World Season 1 Episode 2, Kaineng Overlook Challenge Mode, New Legendary Weapon Variant
  • June 7—Dragon Bash Festival, Harvest Temple Challenge Mode
  • June 28—Balance Update, New Legendary Weapon Variant

Whether Episode 3 continues the monthly cadence and goes live on June 28th or goes bi-monthly or later is another matter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think he confused this a bit: "tuesday" is the day of the week that is used for releases usually. The schedule ... well it seems likely with the 1-month (that at least now until episode 2 is confirmed) cause they might have prepared a bit in advance on this already. And the actual stuff already existed - needs just time to put it together in a replayable season episode format.

Every month would work - since there are no new maps. Not too much to handle for players if this gets released faster than usual living world stuff that was completely new (+ with new maps).

With festivals and stuff they might make minor changes though ... or not. (I think they often didn't really care and just released new stuff even when a festival started and people also had the festival stuff to do.)

One thing I'm sure about though: Steam release won't happen before "fixing" this "gap" in the story - i. e. only fater the last part of S1 gets released or at the same time as the last part/episode.

Targeting the end of the year or the anniversary (with anniversary sale) - might be a good idea  as targed date for the last episode + Steam release. Then including the S2 in the sales and hoping on players buying the expansions to enjoy everything.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Is there any news if we are getting southsun recap, or do we skip it?

Found this: "Obviously, the Guild Wars 2 holiday events, such as Wintersday or the Super Adventure Box, were easy cuts from Scarlet's War, but other story arcs are being culled from the story as well. The Southsun Cove arc is one such casualty, as ArenaNet decided to focus on Scarlet Briar and her schemes first and foremost with the rerun of Living World Season 1. Unfortunately, this means characters introduced in that chapter, like Ellen Kiel and Canach, will have to be introduced elsewhere in the narrative."

Source: https://gamerant.com/guild-wars-2-interview-living-world-season-1-modernization-challenges-joe-kimmes/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Also from the Lore forum section; about the Southsun Cove cut: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/113043-edits-to-return-of-scarlets-war/?do=findComment&comment=1644318

Few more comments down about the main NPC introductions: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/113043-edits-to-return-of-scarlets-war/?do=findComment&comment=1644330

Edited by Jukhy.2431
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

The Southsun Cove arc is one such casualty, as ArenaNet decided to focus on Scarlet Briar and her schemes first and foremost with the rerun of Living World Season 1. [...] Ellen Kiel and Canach, will have to be introduced elsewhere in the narrative.

Awww. :classic_sad:

• Confused 1

On 4/29/2022 at 10:10 PM, StormyFae.2761 said:

Came here to find this out too. Since Return to was every week and it's not like Living World 1 is all new content I kind of thought it would be weekly too. Oh well. Something to look forward to.

Return to wasn't adding anything to the game, just achievements. Season 1 is adding content back into the game that hasn't been there for 9 years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IrishPotato.6327 said:

Return to wasn't adding anything to the game, just achievements.

And repetitive "achievements" nonetheless, which was quite irritating and boring.

6 hours ago, IrishPotato.6327 said:

Season 1 is adding content back into the game that hasn't been there for 9 years.

👍

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 11:14 AM, IrishPotato.6327 said:

Return to wasn't adding anything to the game, just achievements. Season 1 is adding content back into the game that hasn't been there for 9 years.

Right. Not all new - just old stuff they have to incorporate back in. But however long it takes to get new chapters I'm just glad I'm getting to play it since I came in after it was over.

12 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I thought as much about the Southsun cuts. Hopefully, there will at least be a reference to that portion of the story as a sort of tie-in in the precursor to the recently announced episode.

Flame and Frost already references refugees going to Southsun, just as it originally was, though they didn't keep the LA refugee camp sadly. Bobby Stein did confirm that the cut arcs are still canon and did happen, at the very least.

I don't think Dragon Bash made many references to the Southsun arc originally, but wouldn't be surprised if they included some things.

I'm kind of hoping that at the end they'd put placeholder episode with their own mini-recap of the cut arcs but I kinda doubt that.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Flame and Frost already references refugees going to Southsun, just as it originally was, though they didn't keep the LA refugee camp sadly. Bobby Stein did confirm that the cut arcs are still canon and did happen, at the very least.

I don't think Dragon Bash made many references to the Southsun arc originally, but wouldn't be surprised if they included some things.

I'm kind of hoping that at the end they'd put placeholder episode with their own mini-recap of the cut arcs but I kinda doubt that.

You're right, there is a brief reference to Southsun in there. I can understand why it would be cut, nothing really stood out from the Southsun events apart from Canach and Ellen Kiel. From what I know, (I missed the original Southsun) is that it seemed more of a spin-off and filler than a main part of the story. And Kiel is really only prevalent in relation to the Lion's Arch election, which was a one-off event, and the Karka and Aetherblade plot lines. She tapers off afterwards in focus.

As far as we know thanks to the current announcement, there is a pattern to each Living World episode: each introduces at least one character.

Episode 1: (Flame and Frost) Braham and Rox

Episode 2: (Sky Pirates of Tyria) Marjory

Episode 3: ???? This one, I'm pretty sure it's Queen's Jubilee (it just has to be). Here I would say both Kasmeer and Canach could be introduced. Kasmeer, because this takes place in Divinity's Reach and she is a noble. Canach because it would be a perfect chance (really the only one, imo) to properly introduce him to the story as a prisoner of the Shining Blade and Anise, since that is the situation where you first see him in season 2 for the first time.

Episode 4: ???? Taimi...somehow...I don't know lmao

Episode 5: Nobody's left to introduce so...the Battle of Lion's Arch!

5 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

You're right, there is a brief reference to Southsun in there. I can understand why it would be cut, nothing really stood out from the Southsun events apart from Canach and Ellen Kiel. From what I know, (I missed the original Southsun) is that it seemed more of a spin-off and filler than a main part of the story. And Kiel is really only prevalent in relation to the Lion's Arch election, which was a one-off event, and the Karka and Aetherblade plot lines. She tapers off afterwards in focus.

The Southsun arc also foreshadowed the Dragon Bash events, and there was a callback in Scarlet's experiments as seen in Scarlet's Secret Lair in Lornar's Pass (which you can still visit btw).

If you want the highlights of the Southsun Arc, I made a basic video containing the best audio/video I could find here here.

The playlist contains all of Season 1 story minus festivals and, accidentally forgotten, Fractured release (it's 90% in-game anyways so I've not fixed it until we know what's really missing). The confirmed missing releases are covered in videos 1 and 3 (The Lost Shores and Secret of Southsun), and it's likely Cutthroat Politics (video 5) will be cut too.

If you're interested.

As far as we know thanks to the current announcement, there is a pattern to each Living World episode: each introduces at least one character.

Episode 1: (Flame and Frost) Braham and Rox

Episode 2: (Sky Pirates of Tyria) Marjory

Episode 3: ???? This one, I'm pretty sure it's Queen's Jubilee (it just has to be). Here I would say both Kasmeer and Canach could be introduced. Kasmeer, because this takes place in Divinity's Reach and she is a noble. Canach because it would be a perfect chance (really the only one, imo) to properly introduce him to the story as a prisoner of the Shining Blade and Anise, since that is the situation where you first see him in season 2 for the first time.

Episode 4: ???? Taimi...somehow...I don't know lmao

Episode 5: Nobody's left to introduce so...the Battle of Lion's Arch!

Clockwork Chaos was confirmed to be returning by Joe Kimmes (and Queen's Jubilee is the first half of that plot so, practically confirmed), just as Episode 5 was confirmed to be Battle for Lion's Arch. But Kasmeer and Canach (and Marjory) had zero involvement in either. With Southsun cut out, our first interaction with Kasmeer will be Tower of Nightmares arc (most likely Episode 4), and Canach will be Edge of the Mists / Escape from Lion's Arch (Episode 5, though unknown if Origins of Madness / Edge of the Mists content will be involved but it should be).

That is, assuming they don't insert the characters in for some reason. But if they were to insert Canach in early, it'd be during Sky Pirates release.

Taimi's very first introduction was the Twisted Marionette, which is in-game. The best way to do Episode 5 IMO would be to have an optional achievement to do Twisted Marionette (as I don't see them refitting it to be solo'able) with a rebalance to the world boss instance fight, then begin the story with A Moment's Peace story instance, and then a new story step to cover the investigation of energy probes and the most important characterization for Taimi in all of pre-PoF content that explains her growing relation with Braham and her illness (and also showcases that Braham is not stupid as he instantly understands asuran technobabble unlike, say, Marjory) before doing the rest with Advanced Warning.

Edited by Konig Des Todes.2086
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

The Southsun arc also foreshadowed the Dragon Bash events, and there was a callback in Scarlet's experiments as seen in Scarlet's Secret Lair in Lornar's Pass (which you can still visit btw).

If you want the highlights of the Southsun Arc, I made a basic video containing the best audio/video I could find here here.

The playlist contains all of Season 1 story minus festivals and, accidentally forgotten, Fractured release (it's 90% in-game anyways so I've not fixed it until we know what's really missing). The confirmed missing releases are covered in videos 1 and 3 (The Lost Shores and Secret of Southsun), and it's likely Cutthroat Politics (video 5) will be cut too.

If you're interested.

Clockwork Chaos was confirmed to be returning by Joe Kimmes (and Queen's Jubilee is the first half of that plot so, practically confirmed), just as Episode 5 was confirmed to be Battle for Lion's Arch. But Kasmeer and Canach (and Marjory) had zero involvement in either. With Southsun cut out, our first interaction with Kasmeer will be Tower of Nightmares arc (most likely Episode 4), and Canach will be Edge of the Mists / Escape from Lion's Arch (Episode 5, though unknown if Origins of Madness / Edge of the Mists content will be involved but it should be).

That is, assuming they don't insert the characters in for some reason. But if they were to insert Canach in early, it'd be during Sky Pirates release.

Taimi's very first introduction was the Twisted Marionette, which is in-game. The best way to do Episode 5 IMO would be to have an optional achievement to do Twisted Marionette (as I don't see them refitting it to be solo'able) with a rebalance to the world boss instance fight, then begin the story with A Moment's Peace story instance, and then a new story step to cover the investigation of energy probes and the most important characterization for Taimi in all of pre-PoF content that explains her growing relation with Braham and her illness (and also showcases that Braham is not stupid as he instantly understands asuran technobabble unlike, say, Marjory) before doing the rest with Advanced Warning.

Thanks a lot for this post! A great summary, and also thank you for the videos.☺️

43 minutes ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

If you're interested.

Yes, Tower of Nightmares makes mores sense, actually. I still remember a portion of that story line. (Has it been 9 years already...?)