Poll - Outnumbered Boost

Xenesis.6389

Which outnumbered boost would you prefer?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which outnumbered boost would you prefer?

• Boost player stats like Presence of the keep type numbers.
    • Boost siege stats and damage.
    • Boost extra warscore points/wxp you gain from enemies who outnumber you.
    • Boost the guards/lords, number of them, or stats scaling on them. "More" - Agent Smith
    • Pips - we want the pips, give us the pips, uh.
    • None, wvw is fine, fire around it is fine, moar boons.

the least sense makes honestly the pipsbuff, also the buff-siege is just pepega.

if anything, it should give greatly buffs to players and maybe additional lord buffs. still, beating off 40+  players stumbeling after some ktrain tag with a cloud of random 10 pugs is pretty hard

The "outnumbered" buff should never impact gameplay ever, because it is not indicative of what's happening on the map. Just imagine you have a huge blob attacking one of your t3 keeps and you bring your own blow to defend and while those two zergs are fighting, the third server shows up at your other structures and because they have slightly less players on the map those few who try to defend against the third server suddenly have to deal with invulnerable siege and buffed players. Or you want to do some even or outnumbered small scale fights, but your enemy gets better stats, because your server happens to have a zerg on the other side of the map.

Does not make much sense. It would just add even more imbalance.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I think all friendly siege should become invulnerable on outnumber maps.  Just need to stop golem contesting point capture and think rest should be fine.   

Ahh.  So that thief/Mesmer would never need to leave a golem until RI was down.  Got it.  🤦‍♂️

I’ll build a guild golem, sit at lord..  watch a group come in, kill the lord, cap the tower, and watch the lord try to beat me for 5 minutes, (as I’ll be in invulnerable siege), leave it after RI, port my 5 buddies in and poof.  No supply needed.

Yeah…. That’ll fix a lot.

Edited by Strider Pj.2193

5 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Ahh.  So that thief/Mesmer would never need to leave a golem until RI was down.  Got it.  🤦‍♂️

I’ll build a guild golem, sit at lord..  watch a group come in, kill the lord, cap the tower, and watch the lord try to beat me for 5 minutes, (as I’ll be in invulnerable siege), leave it after RI, port my 5 buddies in and poof.  No supply needed.

Yeah…. That’ll fix a lot.

I mean, it's only on outnumbered maps.  If all such maps are outnumbered you are losing anyway as you can only 'golem camp' in one place at a time.  

Also for your example, not much different than a perma-stealth thief.  One could argue easier, but again, you can only be one place at a time; chances are if you have multiple groups to take things like that, you aren't outnumbered.  

Finally, you'd have to get out to cap, so if the group that capped the structure left a thief of their own you'd still have to fight them.

1 minute ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I mean, it's only on outnumbered maps.  If all such maps are outnumbered you are losing anyway as you can only 'golem camp' in one place at a time.  

Also for your example, not much different than a perma-stealth thief.  One could argue easier, but again, you can only be one place at a time; chances are if you have multiple groups to take things like that, you aren't outnumbered.  

Finally, you'd have to get out to cap, so if the group that capped the structure left a thief of their own you'd still have to fight them.

Of course the whole portalling in your 5 ..  Yeah, gonna be a no here.  I’d rather lose it to the thief who has to hide, or be ‘unable to cap it’ because of a golem counting against the capture circle

13 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Of course the whole portalling in your 5 ..  Yeah, gonna be a no here.  I’d rather lose it to the thief who has to hide, or be ‘unable to cap it’ because of a golem counting against the capture circle

One dude on a golem is not gonna stop your group of 5 spamming boons and running over things 😂.  But agree to disagree.

10 minutes ago, Ruru.1302 said:

having the outnumbered buff should remove downstate from your opponents

I can agree with this.  Think downstate should be flexible in general anyway, should get shorter the number of people you have and go away completely at a certain size.  But would settle for just a flat buff on outnumbered, as at least that way you can put up a decent fight.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1

Outnumbered buff shouldn't affect combat stats. Else it messes up 1v1s and even fights on open field.

Same applies to Objective Auras extending outside objective walls.

As a sidethought, objective auras are too strong anyways.Whoever thought it is great idea to have a 30% damage swing between friendly and enemy towers? (200 power + 200 prec + 200 vit +200 armor = 13+% damage and 17+% survivability). And 60% between friendly and enemy keeps.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Threather.9354 said:

Outnumbered buff shouldn't affect combat stats. Else it messes up 1v1s and even fights on open field.

Same applies to Objective Auras extending outside objective walls.

As a sidethought, objective auras are too strong anyways.Whoever thought it is great idea to have a 30% damage swing between friendly and enemy towers? (200 power + 200 prec + 200 vit +200 armor = 13+% damage and 17+% survivability). And 60% between friendly and enemy keeps.

Chances are your 1v1s will quickly turn into 1v2+s.  And they would most likely have the borderlands buff from the other borderlands if your server is just not active what's so ever. So I wouldnt say its necessarily a bad thing to provide specific handicaps to the player as long as they arent 1 shotting with 0 effort.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Each faction has a main keep on EB and home borderlands and a 'close by tower' on enemy borderlands. Perhaps they could make it so that the lord is more powerful there when outnumbered and siege is more powerful as well. The main garrison/tower could also send out squads of NPCs who move out to attack nearby camps, keeps and towers. At the very least this would put some pressure  on enemies and not only give home defence roamers something to do but also generally make it less of a horrid experience to be outnumbered. I'd also make the NPC commanders a bit more powerful as well as right now when outnumbered you probably have barely any people online in the first place and the commanders go down in seconds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaruselka.5943 said:

An old idea that was floated around years ago was to have the outnumbered buff negate RI. That way the outnumbering side had to spread out and defend structures.

I like this. As someone whose server is getting double teamed while we are already outnumbered, would be awesome to give us some breathing room to be able to backline their structures. Only problem is if I kill a camp and the 3rd team comes in and takes.

Boost the guards/lords, number of them, or stats

this is what i choose but this neeed many adjustments.

for example, camps and crossroad guards should remain uncganged because if they change these guards the scouters or the achievemtn hunters will stop playing and wvw will end fast. (if scouters/roamers can't flip the camps its over WvW)

But, unfortunately this WvW is an old system and with old style objectives and it needs TOTAL REVAMP to attract new players or the old wvw players to come back and check it.

After 10 years and 3 expansions the whole game needs reconstruction ("μάζεμα" in Greeks) .

p.s. With every old player having ascended and legendary gear, it is simple wrong to reward new 80 level players or characters with... exotic!

Edited by Reborn.2934

On 5/1/2022 at 2:50 AM, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

The "outnumbered" buff should never impact gameplay ever, because it is not indicative of what's happening on the map. Just imagine you have a huge blob attacking one of your t3 keeps and you bring your own blow to defend and while those two zergs are fighting, the third server shows up at your other structures and because they have slightly less players on the map those few who try to defend against the third server suddenly have to deal with invulnerable siege and buffed players. Or you want to do some even or outnumbered small scale fights, but your enemy gets better stats, because your server happens to have a zerg on the other side of the map.

Yup, this is how I view it too. I would hate to be disadvantaged simply because there is an allied zerg on the map that I am nowhere near.

I am a fan of any excuse for more pips, though.

On 5/1/2022 at 10:50 AM, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

This is just nonsense. These bizarre edge cases are worth it. I know people like to pretend that collateral damage isn't acceptable in this day and age like we're paragons of morality, but it is.

Since servers will be gone with the alliance, just assign alianceless and guildless randoms to the outnumbered map when they log in to WvW.

Until then I would just force-transfer innocent PvElers from their storymode, dungeon whatever directly into WvW. I mean, why not?! 😁

• Sad 1