Blogpost when, Betas ever?

Regarding the blogposts, roadmaps and studio updates: I'd consider this a general game concern regarding communication and development overall, rather than any specific details about WvW only concerning players there.

Hello? Echo? @Josh Davis.7865

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

Patience. They’re not going to give weekly updates. 

I don't think you get it.

The blogpost from december has not come yet.

The betas from the roadmap have not come.

The qoutes are promises of things to come, that have not come.

No one is asking for weekly updates. Assurances of updates to come, are themselves not updates.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, subversiontwo.7501 said:

No one is asking for weekly updates. These are the same problems that the developer aknowledged in 2013. Should we have patience for another 9 years?

You do realize that it's still spring, right?  Patience.

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, subversiontwo.7501 said:

Yes, for 28 more days. They have some stepping up to do if they are to deliver on anything substantial in that time frame. Reminders are in order.

Makes sense for it to be posted later rather than sooner, no?

There'll be more to talk about, and they'll be able to give more information.

I'd expect it at the end of the month.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

As I said, patience. Better to have a post closer to the next test so that there’s more new developments that they can blog about. 

Tbh, you are kinda right, but also wrong. 

Patience is key, BUT we (the WvW-players) have been promised World restructuring for years now. It took years of silence until the betas started. It takes months of silence on any updates. Yes, we need to be patient, but ANet doesn't give us anything. Not for weeks, but MONTHS (after Years of silence). 

We have also been promised improvements in communication, which also never happened. There's zero interaction between ANet and the players in the WvW-forums. 

So imo, although crying about it won't help, I don't think it's unjustified. 

And the cherry on top: ANet called WvW a "cornerstone" of GW2, yet it seems (out of WvW-players perspective) that they don't care at all. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Custodio.6134 said:

And the cherry on top: ANet called WvW a "cornerstone" of GW2, yet it seems (out of WvW-players perspective) that they don't care at all. 

personally all that i wish for is a balance patch concerning smallscale... we have not had a balancepatch in... i think forever lol.... We can be happy that the supportscrapper nerfs  almost completly deleted Nadescrapper....  if that thing would still be running around it would be madness.

Smallscale meta is just bunkers over bunkers over bunkers... its getting really boring lately.

let's try to stay in the theme of the post. last communication is from April 22. if we have another communication by 22 May it would already be a big step forward I would say. a monthly cadence is a really good thing.

it also wants to be a tip for arenanet, for the particular moment in which this mode is located. for my experience I can tell you that it is as if he had suffered a bad blow (and I do not say dead game or stupid things like that clearly wrong).

everyone is waiting for alliances, EOD has been launched, we have seen pve fly light years ahead of our wvw . offended wvw players who take a break, wvw players intrigued by pve, players who become invisible etc etc.

the result is that at stake you have a perception of stale/ bored. by my standards of course.

not ready for your plans yet? not a problem. just talk to each other. Maintaining easy communication with your wvw community at this particular time is especially helpful. just my personal opinion.

Edited by Mabi black.1824
  • Like 1

since I never lack a positive thought, all the work of arenanet in pve that has brought quite a few new players as they said, we could find them in our parts in a few months, finished all their adventures could be intrigued to test themselves in this mode.

arenanet may also have predicted this. update alliances and everything they might have in mind, could be voluntarily moved 6/12 months on the arenanet clock. it might make sense and I wouldn't even worry if I have an interlocutor to talk to and who keeps me informed.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 8:47 PM, mythical.6315 said:

As I said, patience. Better to have a post closer to the next test so that there’s more new developments that they can blog about. 

Imagine being a arenanet apologist in 2022, yikes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Communication is fast and free in most cases, and would go a long way to backing up Anets ridiculous claim that WvW is a cornerstone of Gw2.  I joined this game after launch, around HOT, and walked into the game with the expectation that WvW had died off at launch and was just ignored content.  It took years for me to give it a try, because honestly, I had never heard it mentioned by Anet, and really still havent despite getting into WvW and loving it.  People see content getting loved by the devs and they try it out, something that probably hasnt happened in GW2 WvW in a very long time.

I wonder how many people are in my boat here, who didnt give it a try long enough to find action, and just wrote off the game mode forever.  Communication would fix this, at least letting the community know its still active (it really is) and still fun (it is if you dont care about results)

Whenever I see a developer with content like this, a mode that works but has been ignored for the games life, I fear a late game change and improvement, as I've seen other games absolutely destroy what was holding the ignored content together all those years.  Part of me fears its server community, and the fact that its broken in a manner thats well known by all is the glue holding it all together and any update might turn it into structured PVE dungeons, existing but never played.  Personally i want big changes but nothing ive seen shows me the people working on WvW get what makes it fun and know how to improve on that.  Given the desert map and EOM content I feel safe in this assumption.  I hope im wrong, i hope alliances breathe new life into the game, and they can maybe make boonballs less of a permanent zerg state, and maybe add some fluff content into the existing maps.  

Edited by StrangerDanger.3496
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, lotus.5672 said:

Imagine being a arenanet apologist in 2022, yikes.

In all honesty, I posted the thread in general discussion, where spoiled brats get free content every two months (for our money), it just took the hack mods some 20 hours to dump the thread into the WvW basement, the realm of forgotten dreams 😉. I expected nothing less and as with the last thread of Anet qoutes, this was just another lighthearted- and tongue-in-cheek go at the ridiculous silence (or the talk with no sight of walk; true or false).

I'm genuinely kind of keen on the blogpost though, because the devs have put themselves in a corner where the blogpost can only signal one of two things: a major breakthrough or a major setback. I'm hoping for the former but I'm not counting my chickens. Regardless of the outcome the information, when it comes, is poised to be good discussion (though not guaranteed good news).

Grouch says he likes good banter, so I try to give some banter at times. We have little else to add to the topic of Alliances/WR at this point.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 5/2/2022 at 8:30 PM, subversiontwo.7501 said:

No one is asking for weekly updates. Assurances of updates to come, are themselves not updates.

Next expac selling feature for the 3rd time!

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2022 at 12:37 AM, subversiontwo.7501 said:

Regarding the blogposts, roadmaps and studio updates: I'd consider this a general game concern regarding communication and development overall, rather than any specific details about WvW only concerning players there.

Hello? Echo? @Josh Davis.7865

It's always worth checking their Linkedin profiles in case they move on.

it would be more than time for another beta run at least. anet wrote like as if they'd want / need more betas but first "had to" focus on pvE things

after ditching any improvements on the wvw system for years, no clue what we can really expect anymore.

nearly a waste of time to look for updates here. the link system is toxic as ever, matchups are unfun as ever... no changes just bold promises sofar.

• Like 2