ANET, this is not fair.

Shirlias.8104

Daredevil was untouched for the whole duration of hot though it was indeed too good.

Now after pof, and the day of the first pof season, it got nerfed to the ground in a bad way.

It's not a Fix.It's more like destroying a class because reasons.

But since

1. it was untouched for 2 years.
  2. it was changed only now that the expansion and new season came out.
  3. the changes are not meant to Bring balance but to bring only the dd down.

Guess everybody knows what are the reasons behind all of this.

I am really disappointed by your behavior.

@Sandzibar.5134 said:How was it "nerfed to the ground" ?

The 100% endurance loss for 4 seconds. Daredevil has quite a few ways to regenerate endurance. But this trait is just one of the ones that will shoot you in the foot for taking. Even though DD does have ways to regen endurance statically, most of your endurance still comes from Regen. And the fact that triggering this trait will cause the loss will basically start a doom timer.

@Sandzibar.5134 said:How was it "nerfed to the ground" ?

It was not ... they are all just hugely exaggerating .

It was just beginning to get balanced.

And as I see Anet finally comprehending their errors in the past & try to fix the imbalances I have some hope Gw2 will become better at least for the WvW aspect of it.

This patch was a step in the right direction. Fingers crossed more will come sooner.

They should have addressed thieves way more and better in that balance patch.Seeing the power creep with PoF and the total lack of nerfs of some other professions power daredevil needed some buffs.

Further deadeye is in a really really bad spot. Not only is the rifle incredible bad and needed a 33%+ dmg increase in all skills but the support role Anet thought deadeye could bring is just short sighted of them.Druid can now bring (instead of gotl) easy might for 10 ppl. Why would you ever bring a deadeye for might, if you have a druid doing the job while having spotter, spirits and healing.

Further right now you can only use deadeye to its full (low) potential if you use d/d. With some encounters giving you perma reveal that's a true big joke.

Thief should be around massiv single target dmg and it's just not delivering at all. Doesn't matter whether it's DD, DE or standard thief. They are just not delivering anymore because other professions get better and better and all we have is that Condi d/d which is not too DPS anymore either. But condis are another story which didn't get addressed. Super disappointed with that so called balance patch.

They have shown they can split skills between PvP/pve/wvw. So what im saying is for pve only.

@Sandzibar.5134 said:Karl's reasoning and explanation behind the change seems understandable and fair. I think you are overreacting.

There's no reasoning explanation since the nerf only happened now ( they had 2 whole years ).I just will give it a shot and try more DD since the patch is fresh, but it seems a nerf with a capital N.

And still i am disgusted because the way they decided to operate.

@Sandzibar.5134 said:Karl's reasoning and explanation behind the change seems understandable and fair. I think you are overreacting.

they could do this nerf before pof like people before was also qq about daredevil to op, to mobile and suddenly they nerfed it after pof release when they saw deadeye is not played to much because this isnt strong so they nerfed daredevil mobility skill to get more players using weaker deadeye where even core thief is better as many players saying than deadeye spec

I do not think it so much that UC might have been seen as being OP as the method used to address this which IMO is too punishing. Basically the majority of benefits garnered out of taking ACRO line with Daredevil are shut down if UC chosen. I do not think taking one trait should come at the cost of excluding from use an entire traitline .

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:
  1. the changes are not meant to Bring balance but to bring only the dd down.

Sometimes to balance a scale, you have to take away some from the side that is too heavy. The problem here is, ArenaNet is using a crooked scale.

Wasn't too heavy for 2 years, magically becomes 'too heavy' now. So maybe it's about the other side being too light, eh?

@knyy.6427 said:Seeing the power creep with PoF and the total lack of nerfs of some other professions power daredevil needed some buffs.

Daredevil has a advantageous matchup against every single PoF spec except for bunker firebrand and pre-nerf spellbreaker.

All of the PoF elites except for bunker firebrand are glass cannon specs, and daredevil thrives in glass cannon metas.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@knyy.6427 said:Seeing the power creep with PoF and the total lack of nerfs of some other professions power daredevil needed some buffs.

Daredevil has a advantageous matchup against every single PoF spec except for bunker firebrand and pre-nerf spellbreaker.

All of the PoF elites except for bunker firebrand are glass cannon specs, and daredevil thrives in glass cannon metas.

Only glass cannon if you make it glassy. Deadeye can be a fucking tank with %50+ damage reduction.

@Crinn.7864 said:

BREAKING NEWS:@Crinn.7864 states opinion as fact regarding Thief with no evidence to support it. Shocking! Presumably thinks Thief counters all glass builds, as though passive defenses don't exist. More at '11!

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

Only glass cannon if you make it glassy. Deadeye can be a kitten tank with %50+ damage reduction.

You misunderstand, I'm was not referring to thief with the glass cannon comment. Thief's defensives are irrelevant for it's role, since thief isn't a point brawler or a teamfighter. I was referring to how thief easily preys on glassier builds due to thief's unparalleled alpha power. Thieves are at their most dominant when their opponents are playing glass, and are at their least effective when their opponents are playing bunk. Since almost all of the PoF elites are glass cannons, thief is performing well. (As compared to HoT where half the elites where either bruisers, supports, or both)

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Crinn.7864 said:

Only glass cannon if you make it glassy. Deadeye can be a kitten tank with %50+ damage reduction.

You misunderstand, I'm was not referring to thief with the glass cannon comment. Thief's defensives are irrelevant for it's role, since thief isn't a point brawler or a teamfighter. I was referring to how thief easily preys on glassier builds due to thief's unparalleled alpha power. Thieves are at their most dominant when their opponents are playing glass, and are at their least effective when their opponents are playing bunk. Since almost all of the PoF elites are glass cannons, thief is performing well. (As compared to HoT where half the elites where either bruisers, supports, or both)

Ah I got you now.

The intent is fine because Daredevil seriously encourages skill-less spam play that the thief prior to HoT was never about, while just outright buffing the thief in general.

Excessive for WvW, but everything is these days.

Of course they nerf it now; their crap sniper concept isn't doing well and they need to shovel people out of being better on DrD so that they sell more expansions. Was the same exact thing for HoT. This was warned about already; it's downright expected given ANet's recent track record.

If you want build diversity, look for another game. ANet is dead-set on removing the fun in the name of PvE DPS "balance" and has been since HoT.

Archived