Instead of nerfing willbender, buff spellbreaker

39 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Honestly for wvw give me more/better boonrip, I will live with the rest of spb. Boons there are absolutely out of  control (like in pve).

Well it was a reaction to adding dmg to FC. Technically its not hating on war, its hating on what spb could become.

As if adding Dmg back to FC does anything. 

Come on now guys. We talk about Warrior here. 

🙄

27 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

As if adding Dmg back to FC does anything. 

Come on now guys. We talk about Warrior here. 

🙄

I dunno I've seen wars complain about FC being cheese. When I was new to war mirror duels, core duels were a lot more straightforward cause no FC. Spb duels felt kinda sluggish and clunky (honestly due to FC and tether).

Having done a lot of spb mirror duels now, I actually like the spb mirror duel way more. All the sustain is from heal skill and dodging, no shouts. As well as the fight has more dimensions (as spb can do more than core).

Spb vs spb is way more explosive and FC is one of the things that keeps you alert.

Edited by Hotride.2187

29 minutes ago, XxsdgxX.8109 said:

Definitely no. How does that make any favors to other specs fighting for the same role.

I wonder if you have advocated for said specs in the same role. Instead come here and just say no because it will lower chances for those other specs to take a top spot. This is exactly what I mean when people ask for nerfs or reject buffs of competition, it is rarely good natured.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Honestly for wvw give me more/better boonrip, I will live with the rest of spb. Boons there are absolutely out of  control (like in pve).

Well it was a reaction to adding dmg to FC. Technically its not hating on war, its hating on what spb could become.

Well… this is spvp forum. 

HOT TAKE
Spellbreaker struggled for two reasons
- One were the meta roamers at the time, those being daredevil with blind spam, and mirage with the power block on your healing skill (the latter being 100% a L2P issue; look at the map and LoS while healing).
- One was that it's competing for the role against even more braindead specs (core ranger, fire weaver, then mechanist and... specter?). 

Mesmer and daredevil have been yeeted tfo the meta.
The other dueling specs are being brought back in line too, and aren't being played that much anyway tbh. Spellbreaker doesn't need anything more than that. The one thing I'd add to spellbreaker is pushing a bit more into its mechanics; I think it should have slightly better boonrip (a mesmer removes more boons than the boon-removing class; not a fan of that) and it should get something totally unique, like for example being able to remove not just stealth and boons, but also superspeed and auras.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

I hear what you are saying, but what you have to understand is that anet are incapable of balancing, any buffs to spell breakers with how anet balances will most likely make it to next fotm and I’d much rather deal with willbender than spellbreakers

Agreed brother. Truly. Anet will indeed not do it properly. However, I feel we should use that as motivation to lay out for them things to do even more so. 

13 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

have to agree full counter is toxic mechanic.

it's not skillful, it's just CC spams. annoying and unfun

i'd rather have the daze removed and actually do damage.

I hear this man too. Full counter is a great skill. It needs to be reworked. Remove the daze fine. Make it so thats its a reactive mechanic to incoming animations and have it spit back the damage that was given to it with a increase in damage as a reward for proper timing. 

I cant stress this enough - this game used to reward you for being responsive during a fight instead of going off blind rotations, or spamming AoE circles. 

6 hours ago, jdawgie.1835 said:

Agreed brother. Truly. Anet will indeed not do it properly. However, I feel we should use that as motivation to lay out for them things to do even more so. 

I hear this man too. Full counter is a great skill. It needs to be reworked. Remove the daze fine. Make it so thats its a reactive mechanic to incoming animations and have it spit back the damage that was given to it with a increase in damage as a reward for proper timing. 

I cant stress this enough - this game used to reward you for being responsive during a fight instead of going off blind rotations, or spamming AoE circles. 

Anet doesn’t care what we think, they have their own biased agendas when it comes to balancing. 

• Like 1

I don't think Spellbreaker needs buffs, it's just a matter of fact that every other class has some sort of broken and overtuned mechanic that needs to be nerfed/gutted, , utilities having too low of a cooldown and a good effect, having too much damage. Still need more nerfs to classes like Rev, Ranger, Guardian, Thief, and necro. Also with range damage they should make a general change with projectile range skills having damage drop off on players they're striking get too close, like a 50% power damage drop off. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Skoll.8650 said:

I don't think Spellbreaker needs buffs, it's just a matter of fact that every other class has some sort of broken and overtuned mechanic that needs to be nerfed/gutted, , utilities having too low of a cooldown and a good effect, having too much damage. Still need more nerfs to classes like Rev, Ranger, Guardian, Thief, and necro. Also with range damage they should make a general change with projectile range skills having damage drop off on players they're striking get too close, like a 50% power damage drop off. 

Mes, Engi, Ele, and War should be nerfed with your list too. Or, maybe just buff what you think is weak... the list I just mentioned.

• Thanks 1

I get that warrior sucks and yall wanna be that big boy SPB dominating 1v1 and smashing side-nodes but a buff to full counter would be idiotic.
like for real guys, this skill does legit everything in the game, its CC, condi, stab, dmg block, boon rip and damage buff in an aoe on low cd, skill is already strong man, just think up something else, cuz this kitten doesnt need a buff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Gundam Style.8495 said:

Mes, Engi, Ele, and War should be nerfed with your list too. Or, maybe just buff what you think is weak... the list I just mentioned.

Nope we handle this on a wait and see what becomes oppressive basis.  Nerf all the others first before moving onto the next set, because currently those other classes have too many things broken about them. We can't do buffs because people are so against the idea of buffing underperforming things in light of OMG POWERCREEPJKSJIFBF and the sheer thought of it makes them hide in the corner in the fetal position praying Arenanet doesn't do it. So only nerfs are the way to go, going forward. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

HOT TAKE
Spellbreaker struggled for two reasons
- One were the meta roamers at the time, those being daredevil with blind spam, and mirage with the power block on your healing skill (which is 100% a L2P issue; look at the map and LoS while healing; besides).
- One was that it's competing for the role against even more braindead specs (core ranger, fire weaver, then mechanist and... specter?). 

Mesmer and daredevil have been yeeted tfo the meta.
The other dueling specs are being brought back in line too, and aren't being played that much anyway tbh. Spellbreaker doesn't need anything more than that. The one thing I'd add to spellbreaker is pushing a bit more into its mechanics; I think it should have slightly better boonrip (a mesmer removes more boons than the boon-removing class; not a fan of that) and it should get something totally unique, like for example being able to remove not just stealth and boons, but also superspeed and auras.

power block mesmer was never meta, like some people played it, but calling it "meta" is out there.

1 hour ago, Skoll.8650 said:

They have been nerfing everything for over 2 years now and we still are not on Warriors level. 

How much longer should this nerf train go? 

When do we finally reach the bottom of the barrel that is Warrior? 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

I get that warrior sucks and yall wanna be that big boy SPB dominating 1v1 and smashing side-nodes but a buff to full counter would be idiotic.
like for real guys, this skill does legit everything in the game, its CC, condi, stab, dmg block, boon rip and damage buff in an aoe on low cd, skill is already strong man, just think up something else, cuz this kitten doesnt need a buff.

My guy almost the entirety of the whole skill is negated by stability or blind(if not running revenge counter). It's a daze(which by default should be allowed to do damage) that does 27 damage.  it doesn't do condi baseline unless you're traiting into it via Slow Counter/Revenge counter(which requires you to have condi on you.) Boon rip comes from 'Dispelling Force' , 'Full counter' does not have boon removal baseline , not to mention 'Dispelling Force' boon removal doesn't occur if it doesn't actually CC the target, and it's a melee range skill.

The single stack of stability is there so you just don't get cc'd out of the proc. Without the stability you probably wouldn't be able to get off the second part of FC if a skill that struck you had CC, which you can already test in a capacity with 'Reversal of Fortune' on Willbender. This doesn't include the situations where someone  can corrupt that stab into fear during Full Counter. Full Counter should have damage back but not to the extent where it was blasting people for 5-7k, 1.5k to 2k on a crit in berserker stats should be the spot. It's hilarious to see Chaos Storm on Mesmer staff dazes on the initial hit does more damage than full counter (a class mechanic btw) not to mention is ranged, pulses and applies conditions and boons.🤷‍♂️

Edited by Lucentfir.7430
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Skoll.8650 said:

I don't think Spellbreaker needs buffs, it's just a matter of fact that every other class has some sort of broken and overtuned mechanic that needs to be nerfed/gutted, , utilities having too low of a cooldown and a good effect, having too much damage. Still need more nerfs to classes like Rev, Ranger, Guardian, Thief, and necro.

You are not wrong, but I doubt the cheese will get nerfed.

5 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

power block mesmer was never meta, like some people played it, but calling it "meta" is out there.

It wasn't meta at all, but powerblocking mesmers were more than an occasional sight.

That's not the case anymore, anyway. Can't remember last time I've seen one.

5 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

It wasn't meta at all, but powerblocking mesmers were more than an occasional sight.

That's not the case anymore, anyway. Can't remember last time I've seen one.

that 1 mesmer at the back of the room must have stopped playing, wait was it me ? must have been at least 1 more right ?

On 5/13/2022 at 12:03 AM, Abyssisis.3971 said:

You mean like any other skill/cc skill which is negated by stab or blind… lol

lol YES, part of the reason why the blanket CC change from feb 2020 patch is still one of the dumbest changes ever to be implemented in this game and I will perish on this hill. Funny enough though dazes were allowed to still do damage still, see Pommel Bash, Disrupting Stab, Rupturing Smash,  Skull Grinder, Gunflame, Chaos Storm, .  This dumb game is so kitten consistently inconsistent it's wild. Another funny thing about this point is it pseudo puts Stability into the same space as what old resistance were to conditions. 💀

• Like 1

@Lucentfir.7430 actually your totaly right they should have just nerfed cc skills yes but not as hard as a just straigth 0 damage nerf. They want to have more variable builds but instead they nerf all of them away to made place for bunkerysh meta. Now they see that meta is too slow they began to buff new specs so its not tank meta anymore lmao ^^