Please, make loot zones unavailable for portals, merchants and toys

Until ArenaNet implements your request, you can pay attention to the interact prompt to see whether you’re about to “open” or “use portal” or the like. This will let you know if you are about to interact with the thing you intend.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Do you realize how many jumping puzzles end in a loot chest?  You would prevent mesmers from teleporting people to the end of the majority of jumping puzzles.  It is one of the few benevolent acts exclusive to the mesmer class.  In the past I have spent 30 minutes providing shuttle service for the daily jumping puzzle just because I could. 

You could avoid the pranks by simply clicking directly on the loot chest and making sure the chest is highlighted and by checking that you have the correct interact prompt.
I suppose the folks who are terrible at jumping puzzles could just, "get good."

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The real question is why do we even still have to manually loot chests? It should autoloot any chest.

Only issue will be the ones that require keys though but I feel those could use a rework somehow.

Keys where a bad idea in my opinion. They bring nothing to the game but annoyance. I mean, most currency goes into keys, who you use, to manually open a ton of chest's. From which you get more currency to buy more keys ...

I always found this such a strange concept and i like the Tarir-meta, but i hate the chest-run. I wonder if this is just a thing to stretch game-time, or if anet really thought "Hey, this never will get stale. People will be so exited everytime they can open ALL THESE chests. This is the best Idea EVER. This will be so much fun for the playerbase, opening chests over chests over and over again. Who would not have fun, going to a chest, click F, wait a few seconds or even cancel it and do it again, because ... FUN. Chests are Fun ... fun, hehe, yeah. I'm brilliant."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Do you realize how many jumping puzzles end in a loot chest?

The "area" doesn't have to be "within a mile from", why would you even assume that?

"Radius 240 of chest can't have a portal, merchant, food, or whatever deployed".
Not a complex idea...

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

The "area" doesn't have to be "within a mile from", why would you even assume that?

"Radius 240 of chest can't have a portal, merchant, food, or whatever deployed".
Not a complex idea...

naw man, several Jp have a difficult final jump, or series of jumps on little platforms, and then a 3x5 platform with a chest. You don't get the completion notification until you reach that chest platform.
"This is your 5th trip, you gonna be ok? No I can't get you closer, they changed the rules."  (aaaaaaand there he goes back to the bottom)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

23 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The real question is why do we even still have to manually loot chests? It should autoloot any chest.

Only issue will be the ones that require keys though but I feel those could use a rework somehow.

Autoloot with keys should let you 1 click and no open time, like in drizzlewood coast.

On topic, normally if you "enter" the merchant itself you should be able to loot the chest around it. Though today in AB some absolute magician placed the merchant in such a way that I couldn't loot however I tried 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Trolls deserve no mercy.  It should auto delete their account and then magically fry their machine. 

Realistically nothing will happen though. Trolls will keep trolling because unfortunately there are no consequences for being a kitten in the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

On 5/17/2022 at 4:11 PM, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Keys where a bad idea in my opinion. They bring nothing to the game but annoyance. I mean, most currency goes into keys, who you use, to manually open a ton of chest's. From which you get more currency to buy more keys ...

I always found this such a strange concept and i like the Tarir-meta, but i hate the chest-run. I wonder if this is just a thing to stretch game-time, or if anet really thought "Hey, this never will get stale. People will be so exited everytime they can open ALL THESE chests. This is the best Idea EVER. This will be so much fun for the playerbase, opening chests over chests over and over again. Who would not have fun, going to a chest, click F, wait a few seconds or even cancel it and do it again, because ... FUN. Chests are Fun ... fun, hehe, yeah. I'm brilliant."

Isn’t the goal to encourage participation instead of showing up to a meta at the end and getting all the loot? If you have to accumulate keys along the way it requires you to do events.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

You know that by pointing this out you're only encouraging them, right?

By saying this, you encouraged them even more.

Anyway this is not the first topic about this problem. There are already millions of such topic and still nothing changed. So, it's either ANet has YET to find a way to fix this problem (I doubt it is that easy) or ANet loves trolls and couldn't get enough of them.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

several Jp have a difficult final jump, or series of jumps on little platforms, and then a 3x5 platform with a chest.

Can't think of a single example. Even Chalice has a long slope that's easy to climb up to the chest.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Isn’t the goal to encourage participation instead of showing up to a meta at the end and getting all the loot? If you have to accumulate keys along the way it requires you to do events.

Well, then they failed miserably, because you can just join a map AFTER they defeated the octo and you get all the loot. I bet people where more engaged in this event while multi-loot was a thing than nowadays. Because you get a ton of currency just from the daily end-chest and the chest's under tarir.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Well, then they failed miserably, because you can just join a map AFTER they defeated the octo and you get all the loot. I bet people where more engaged in this event while multi-loot was a thing than nowadays. Because you get a ton of currency just from the daily end-chest and the chest's under tarir.

There is definitely uneven implementation. Some keys are easier to get than others, and some take a little effort to get going, but once you do you can maintain a feedback loop where you don’t need to worry about it anymore.

Still, I don’t think that invalidates the key/chest concept. It just means some metas could do with tweaking so you need to participate more to be sure of getting loot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1