Hs Low Intensity Build Competition - No more excuses for low DPS, please!

No idea why this hasn't made its way into the forum yet.

We had a lot of complaints lately about how difficult it is to achieve high DPS numbers during DE and other content. This video will prove otherwise. I do hope that people will be open-minded and appreciate this content instead of hating on Teapot like usual.

Edit: Part 2:

Edited by Raizel.8175
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

Teapot is a cool guy , raiders is the ones demanding to "do moar damage"

Not really. Expecting people to do at least 7k DPS with several buffs during DE while decent celestial open world builds can easily do 10k minimum isn't unreasonable.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Shame on me, i'm a so called Raider and like challenging content and play only Raid-builds everywhere i go, so i'm probably also a "hardcore" player. But i couldnt care less how much dmg i do in OW-Metas. Most times i just press autoattack. But even with autoattack i do more dmg then most people, when i'm in a squad. But thats totaly okay. No need to change people who play stuff for reasons. Not everyone is hunting the big numbers.

And for People who are interested, there are a lot of absurdly easy builds. And these people find these builds, whitout posting them here on the forum where we know what reactions this will cause ^^''.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

10 hours ago, Raizel.8175 said:

Not really. Expecting people to do at least 7k DPS with several buffs during DE while decent celestial open world builds can easily do 10k minimum isn't unreasonable.

Now that the egg is not locked  behind that meta (like Teapot proposed) , you can have the DE meta and the dps requirements

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

I'm sure we will get at least a couple of comments saying that it is still toxic elitism to even suggest altering your build / the way you play 😉

Well what do you expect from people who rather make excuses than try to do anything?

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

I'm sure we will get at least a couple of comments saying that it is still toxic elitism to even suggest altering your build / the way you play 😉

And the sad part is that altering their build and proceeding to get a win at the DE meta would have cost them less time and effort than the time and effort they spent on the forums complaining about it.

• Like 10
  • Confused 6

Why was this moved to Instanced Group Content when LI builds are perfectly fine for open world - especially meta events - and story content too? Such a dumb move from the moderators... Especially so because LI builds could help people during events like DE or people who are trying to get into instanced content but won't browse the subforum...

Edited by Raizel.8175
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Oh I see, it's so simple, just watch this hour long video. I can't imagine why this isn't making the rounds. 

I don't necessarily like all the build websites but at least none of them are one webpage with 20 build guides to scroll through one after another.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Vidit.7108 said:

Oh I see, it's so simple, just watch this hour long video. I can't imagine why this isn't making the rounds. 

I don't necessarily like all the build websites but at least none of them are one webpage with 20 build guides to scroll through one after another.

The video has time stamps.

• Like 5
  • Confused 6

4 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

The video has time stamps.

It really isn't that helpful, watching some of the video there really isn't much explanation going on here about how exactly these builds work. He doesn't even seem completely sure what people are doing. It's a lot of "wow would ya look at that".  But sure, you're right time, stamps to help me look at someone looking at benchmarks.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

24 minutes ago, Vidit.7108 said:

It really isn't that helpful, watching some of the video there really isn't much explanation going on here about how exactly these builds work. He doesn't even seem completely sure what people are doing. It's a lot of "wow would ya look at that".  But sure, you're right time, stamps to help me look at someone looking at benchmarks.

Should he play the game for you or should we be able to expect some self-reliance from you? You know, the original videos and builds are linked. You could do a little bit of work yourself, but here you are: Complaining about something that's made by the community with the intention to help the community. Seriously...

• Like 7
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Raizel.8175 said:

Should he play the game for you or should we be able to expect some self-reliance from you? You know, the original videos and builds are linked. You could do a little bit of work yourself, but here you are: Complaining about something that's made by the community with the intention to help the community. Seriously...

Complaining is easier than improving for some people. 

It keeps their narrative of "I am a friendly little casual that is being bullied in the open world by toxic raiders" intact.

Edited by Wielder Of Magic.3950
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

So busy dodging Aoes and tail attacks, being frozen, turning into pointless wisps and not being able to get back up, ressing people, shooting bubbles, being thrown off the platform by stupid mechanics, not being able to actually target the boss in the mess, i'm surprised anyone can do more than 3k dps on the boss..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Raizel.8175 said:

Complaining about something that's made by the community with the intention to help the community. Seriously...

I'm not complaining about the builds, the people who made them, or the youtuber that put this together. It think it's very well intentioned. I'm complaining about this attitude of telling people all the problems are solved for them by just watching a giant video and slapping on a build. Using one of these builds and just messing around with it is not going to tell you why you're doing less dps than the video says.

Just as an example, there is venom share core thief in this video (not an original idea but whatever) there is a lot of reasons why you won't reach the numbers it's showing. From multiple thieves overwriting venom, to allies cleaving the ads. I'm not trying to pick apart the builds though, my point is just handing out builds and telling people to figure it out on their own is just about what's already been done and I think that is unhelpful.

As an aside, the one linked in the big video is a different link from the one on the submitter's video, which includes the gear, one trait variation, and one skill variation. Would those differences be important. Teapot says it's not a steal build but his link has thrill of the crime and the submitter's build doesn't. A lot of questions people here in the forums ask about why they are doing less damage a lot of it comes down to not understanding usage and trait interaction. Explanations and notes are important, you want as much clarity out of a guide as you can get in order to be able to figure out the rest on your own.

• Like 7
  • Confused 5

21 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

So busy dodging Aoes and tail attacks, being frozen, turning into pointless wisps and not being able to get back up, ressing people, shooting bubbles, being thrown off the platform by stupid mechanics, not being able to actually target the boss in the mess, i'm surprised anyone can do more than 3k dps on the boss..

The boss is above everyone/everything else, not sure how you're supposed to "not be able to target it"? You're just making excuses, listing/blaming whatever you can think of, including the literal existance of mechanics in an action mmorpg. That's pretty ridiculous.

On 5/21/2022 at 9:32 PM, Vidit.7108 said:

Oh I see, it's so simple, just watch this hour long video.

First of all: you don't need to do that if you don't want to. Secondly: if you're playing x class, you simply check a build for that particular class of one of the two roles you're interested in. Hardly "watch this hour long video!", but of course that's the false conclusion you want to draw here to avoid the fact of how quick and easy to do it really is.

For the build itself all you do is open the video description, where they're all linked.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4

22 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

that's easy, just auto attack in the general direction of the boss will make you hit for at least 5k, if you actually manage to Target the boss, by pressing TAB, you can easily deal 10k dmg by using some of your skills.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 5/22/2022 at 8:09 AM, Dante.1508 said:

I'm surprised the amount of time you spend kittening on the game that you have time to log in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Sarius.9285 said:

that's easy, just auto attack in the general direction of the boss will make you hit for at least 5k, if you actually manage to Target the boss, by pressing TAB, you can easily deal 10k dmg by using some of your skills.

Don't get time i'm too busy dodging Aoes, or getting shot off the platform or getting put in bubbles or frozen.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3