medkit 1 has been broken for waaay too long

Same reason its been ok for engineer pistol to be specced to fire every 0.5s when it actually fires every 0.75s for 10 years - the engineer is just a joke to the devs in the name of Purity Of Purpose. It doesnt matter if its strong or weak as long as its broken.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Don't take medi-kit away there will be no reason to play scrapper, it's dps and barrier have been nerfed through the floor alongside the massive vitality penalty, the Mechanist is near unusable in wvw and rarely see Holo anymore. But we have so many broken useless mechanics, turrets, gadgets, lack of weapons in comparison to other classes and always stuck with alchemy trait line, almost as sad as Thief's Trickery reliance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Since this amount of HP/s is also achievable by some other professions, I don't really see any issue in this.

what professions? is it ok for engi to have the highest heals per second by just pressing 1 button? also i didn't even include medical dispersion field or regen.

Edited by Stand The Wall.6987
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

what professions? is it ok for engi to have the highest heals per second by just pressing 1 button? also i didn't even include medical dispersion field or regen.

Just AA with Frostbow while in water attunment. You'll splash 1.5k heal + soothing mist for an extra 300+ and if you feel it's not enough add weaver's healing stance. (It's always amusing to see that they didn't nerf the conjured weapons in competitive mode in the infamous feb2020 patch)

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Confused 1

What makes it a real problem is there no means of counter play like you would see for staff ele water 1. Also that quickness effects it and scraper and realty eng over all is able to apply a lot of self quickness making a spamable healing skill even stronger then it should be.

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Just AA with Frostbow while in water attunment. You'll splash 1.5k heal + soothing mist for an extra 300+ and if you feel it's not enough add weaver's healing stance. (It's always amusing to see that they didn't nerf the conjured weapons in competitive mode in the infamous feb2020 patch)

Sadly you must hit a target with frostbow 1 (at least with water 1 staff you can hit the grond at ppl feet to aoe heal) and every one it heals must be with in 240 of that enimly target. So its an melee healing wepon that is on an ranged skill. Also frost bow is missing other support effect med kit has even though the frost bow is on a MUCH longer and over all restive cd then the kit (the problem with conja weapons vs kits over all.)

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

you think 2k heals per second from one button is not strong on its own? what. quickness doesn't make it strong it makes something thats already broken even more broken.

Yes. I think 2k heal is not strong.

But explaining to you why will just be a waste of time. You gonna learn why with a bit more experience. Or ask your Scrapper mentor on why numbers on paper are not what reality is about.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Sadly you must hit a target with frostbow 1 (at least with water 1 staff you can hit the grond at ppl feet to aoe heal) and every one it heals must be with in 240 of that enimly target. So its an melee healing wepon that is on an ranged skill. Also frost bow is missing other support effect med kit has even though the frost bow is on a MUCH longer and over all restive cd then the kit (the problem with conja weapons vs kits over all.)

They are strictly speaking about using 1 button to heal that much. Which is why I answer as I do.

Otherwise, I totally get that medkit1 is great QoL-wise. Thought, it's drawback is that you need your allies to be packed full of boons to reach this greatness.

2 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

frostbow and ele staff 1 are disqualified cuz they are projectiles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

They are strictly speaking about using 1 button to heal that much. Which is why I answer as I do.

Otherwise, I totally get that medkit1 is great QoL-wise. Thought, it's drawback is that you need your allies to be packed full of boons to reach this greatness.

Due to how out going heal seems to work you dont need that many boons on your target to do good or even high healing. Maxing out out going heal + and quickness is a far better way to brake med kit 1. There is no real draw back other then say an anyoing sound.

Frost bow 1 is to hard to heal with effectively and water 1 staff dose not heal for enofe as things currently stand med kit 1 is to powerful for the current wvw game. Its causing scraper (eng core mostly) to get nerfed in the wvw environment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ye, it isn't exactly interactive, skilled or fun. It has no place in this game.

How balancing should work:

no skill required/short cooldown = weak skill

skill required/long cooldown = strong skill

Obviously medkit 1 should be changed to ultraweak skill since it requires no skill and has no cooldown.

Edited by Threather.9354
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

One thing about these AoE healing abilities is that you're much more likely to get full value out of them. If you try and hit an enemy with a 5-target AoE, those enemies are going to be constantly moving/dodging/invlulning/whatever and you probably won't hit five people with the full value of the skill.

But with medkit, you're using it in a blob of your own players (probably) who aren't trying to avoid it and in fact want to be healed. So each use of a skill is likely to get full 5-person value, meaning the skills are more valuable than they look on the tooltip.

Also medkit has, in a way, replaced staff ele. You used to need staff eles for water fields. Medkit has both a water field AND a blast, and on a class with so much utility you would want it in your comp anyway even if Medkit didn't exist.

Basically, medkit needs a nerf. Scrapper in general needs a nerf. (While we're on the subject, I think stealth gyro is also OP)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, bigmouse.2163 said:

One thing about these AoE healing abilities is that you're much more likely to get full value out of them. If you try and hit an enemy with a 5-target AoE, those enemies are going to be constantly moving/dodging/invlulning/whatever and you probably won't hit five people with the full value of the skill.

But with medkit, you're using it in a blob of your own players (probably) who aren't trying to avoid it and in fact want to be healed. So each use of a skill is likely to get full 5-person value, meaning the skills are more valuable than they look on the tooltip.

Also medkit has, in a way, replaced staff ele. You used to need staff eles for water fields. Medkit has both a water field AND a blast, and on a class with so much utility you would want it in your comp anyway even if Medkit didn't exist.

Basically, medkit needs a nerf. Scrapper in general needs a nerf. (While we're on the subject, I think stealth gyro is also OP)

Yeah, I think Guardian should be the only true support in the game, and no other specs should even come close to it /s

• Confused 2