What's the Point of Backbreaker Doing 23dmg Crits?

4 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

They will not go back on their decision, the same way they knew how to kill warrior condi management with resistance so as to leave the group clear for the boon/condi vomit specs that EoD brought over.

And since they won't go and check every single skill individually to add proper dmg back, the suggestion for Body Blow to function as a power block non-crit power dmg trait on CC has been made, because we know how people would cry for the 8k backbreakers and the trait would immediately get an ICD of like 10 seconds making it practically useless once more. 

So instead, warrior mains at least in thdawesis forum, wish for QoL and changes that may be easier in warrior sustain with payoff, such as Adrenal Health and Cleansing Ire, which enable proper stick tbo the enemy, gameplay. 

I would love to get dmg back on my CC's, but it won't happen. 

They have changed direction before. 

The brought back scourge for a while.

Warriors have lots of sustain options, it just isn't coupled with good damage.

You need to weave the fight with sustain, damage, and hard hitting cc.

Not the same noodles with more sustain, won't change a thing.

If you want sustain warrior, play the new warrior, plenty of sustain.

If that doesn't show you I am right, I don't know what will.

3 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Its more that warriors are pushing for some the sustain that requires to hit the target to be decoupled from having to hit the target.

25 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Bro I play warrior, I know it's issues, it's not about me agreeing with your view or not. My posts are almost all dedicated to meaningful propositions for warrior "buffs" if they can even be called that.

Active sustain does change things. With more sustain we can have more time to endure enemy dmg to actually kill them.

I don't say CC with no dmg is ok, I say it's the one change along-side resistance that they won't back off on. It's global, not a warrior thing, despite warrior losing hard from it. 

So I'll take any buffs that are decent than no reworks, as I have found no warrior main to enjoy BsW shoutspam sustain. Quite frankly, I wish for Tactical Reload to be removed from the game and change it into an actual elite that has value as an Elite and not as doubling down on vomit heals. 

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

9 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Body Blow already exists it just needs to do power damage instead of bleed. 

I think @Lan Deathrider.5910constantly adds it in any discussion as one possible QoL with the hope someone sees it.

Or something cool & unique like the exhausted condition.

Just ruin people's dodge rolls. That'd be cool.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Or something cool & unique like the exhausted condition.

Just ruin people's dodge rolls. That'd be cool.

It will just buff the Warrior of peace build, it wouldn't change much except someone will be perma cced instead of being able to dodge some stuff. Also weakness already reduces the endurance generation. People already have problem with the dodging the telegraphs on warrior somehow, taking away their simple defense of just dodging would end up badly.
With some power damage from the trait it could even buff Warrior options in PVE if the scaling is good, so two birds one stone.

Exhausted mechanic to me always felt like a band aid for a kitten up, I think it should have been weakness but weakness also should have been reworked to not be RNG and effect all damage not just power,  it nerfs the counter pressure of dodgy builds but it also can be removed with cleanse so you have a workaround, +-+ deal, this is totally  a subject of its own though.

backbreaker is actually a massage move, you make enemy unable to move by too much relaxation. 

the single digit damage is not too strong yet still stimulate and relax your enemy.

you run hammer/mace/shield as massage master for maximum relaxation

namaste🙏

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Thanks 1

Hammer AA is stronger than GS for starters, even with damage back damage will still be considered mediocre and afaik when Hammer wasn't nerfed nobody used it until the 2020 patch so at face value it's already funny to think that suddenly it all matters but regardless.

It's a heavy hitter that doesn't require adrenaline still and denying that among the ability to completely shut down anyone that doesn't have Stability is shameful.

All CC's in the game could get non critical damage but that wouldn't change the fact that Hammer has it's gimmick and not playing around it is not gonna yield good results in any situations.

It's a fever dream to think that Hammer "just" needs damage, it always was a quirky weapon of it's own with a very straight counter to it.

21 hours ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Many warriors keep asking for all kinds of random sustain buffs-

Can you point to something specific here?

Below is anecdotal of course. but talking from the perspective of a glass zerker enthusiast:
A lot of the "sustain" pushes are just people frustrated with cooldowns being too high for what they grant. 

Like, I just want 5 seconds off the CD of shield stance and berserker to give me like, a crumb of resistance so I don't have just one attempt to clear the hurdles of:

>make the adrenaline cap to get access to my burst/dont die in the meanwhile/Land the activation so my lvl3 burst traits mean something/don't have blind/don't have weakness/make sure the opponent has stunbreaks on cd and take steps to prevent them from dodging, all within 15 seconds/.

I can do the rest, that kind of demand is what I signed up for, though I would like it to be less frustratingly difficult to do given the balancing direction Anet seems to think people want. I personally don't think I've pushed for sustain in any avenue besides cooldown reductions for most stances (including shield stance), which each have their shutdown avenues and small durations, and I haven't seen anything wild in terms of incoming healing requests that I can readily recall, either. Too much sustain, not enough substance is how you get bladesworn. If many warriors actually wanted random sustain for illogical reasons, I don't think you'd have so many people retching when they get asked about their opinions on bladesworn. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Can you point to something specific here?

Below is anecdotal of course. but talking from the perspective of a glass zerker enthusiast:
A lot of the "sustain" pushes are just people frustrated with cooldowns being too high for what they grant. 

Like, I just want 5 seconds off the CD of shield stance and berserker to give me like, a crumb of resistance so I don't have just one attempt to clear the hurdles of:

>make the adrenaline cap to get access to my burst/dont die in the meanwhile/Land the activation so my lvl3 burst traits mean something/don't have blind/don't have weakness/make sure the opponent has stunbreaks on cd and take steps to prevent them from dodging, all within 15 seconds/.

I can do the rest, that kind of demand is what I signed up for, though I would like it to be less frustratingly difficult to do given the balancing direction Anet seems to think people want. I personally don't think I've pushed for sustain in any avenue besides cooldown reductions for most stances (including shield stance), which each have their shutdown avenues and small durations, and I haven't seen anything wild in terms of incoming healing requests that I can readily recall, either. Too much sustain, not enough substance is how you get bladesworn. If many warriors actually wanted random sustain for illogical reasons, I don't think you'd have so many people retching when they get asked about their opinions on bladesworn. 

Hardened armor should grant resistance with resolution.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hardened_Armor

Brawlers recovery should prioritize blind or add it in addtiion to a condition.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Brawler's_Recovery

Vengeful return should be deleted and replaced with something that gives resistance on burst activation. (so it can't be blinded, but this also forces wars to drop the immobile remove)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vengeful_Return

Shield skills need lower CDS, and shield stance needs a follow up...tf does ranger have one, and Warrior, a master of martial arts does not?

I would say if a block is successful, rechare a weapon skill by a few seconds, and if interrupted, its recharge is cut in half.

There. (fantasy request complete...lmao)

Edited by Crab Fear.8623
  • Like 1

be honest, warrior doesn't need sustain buff, at all.

warrior need way to properly land damage that matters.

willbender sustain is way below warrior, it's fine because it does way too much damage reliably.

anet has been continuously buffing warrior sustain over and over just to nerf later, while getting rid of damage potential.

and every warrior iteration has been hard to kill side noder, or when favored for support is only because it is immortal.

in the end result, warrior will just do nothing, buffing sustain does nothing. warrior has far more sustain then enough.

if it takes you 2 hours to land damage, of course you gonna need infinite amount of sustain.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Body Blow already exists it just needs to do power damage instead of bleed. 

I forgot that trait existed... but now I've re-read most warrior traits and tought about possible combos and... this is so bad it's actually funny. Like... oh sh*t, a warrior hit me with a well telegraphed backbreaker that required prep(full adrenaline, baiting cooldowns etc), and it only did 23 damage but... OH NOES IM BLEEDING! It's the only condition related trait in strenght, so it's not like I'm swamped by conditions but... NOOO!

I wonder if sh*t like this and Merciless_Hammer will ever get changed or the 2012-2015 GW2 content will just remain in the trashbin for forever.

Edited by Bazsi.2734
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

be honest, warrior doesn't need sustain buff, at all.

warrior need way to properly land damage that matters.

willbender sustain is way below warrior, it's fine because it does way too much damage reliably.

anet has been continuously buffing warrior sustain over and over just to nerf later, while getting rid of damage potential.

and every warrior iteration has been hard to kill side noder, or when favored for support is only because it is immortal.

in the end result, warrior will just do nothing, buffing sustain does nothing. warrior has far more sustain then enough.

if it takes you 2 hours to land damage, of course you gonna need infinite amount of sustain.

The biggest issue of sustain on warrior is actually conditions, there isn't much access to cleanse all comes from small number of sources in core, resistance gave some lea way for sticking in fights but it got nerfed several times over and non of the elite specs have reliable or at all condition management.

From all of this warrior playstyle devolved from sticking in fights to hit and run, you run to someone you get hit by several conditions, use your long cd cleanse, get a hit, run away, repeat, but since you walk everywhere it is not exactly roamer material. 

The problem is that it doesn't have balanced build anymore, that can cover multiple situations, it always forced to extremes, you want to do damage, you stack all damage and oneshot people but if someone spits in your direction you break your legs, you go for sustain build you put everything sustain in it and noodle people but it is never as good as the rest of the bunkers.

You are correct that it lacks damage but it also lacks proper sustain, both got nerfed at the same time, there was a sweet spot where it had enough damage and sustain to kill stuff solo and it crushed bunkers, and it was never a bunker since it was always killable, but it was always scary cause it could kill you too. 

7 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

I forgot that trait existed... but now I've re-read most warrior traits and tought about possible combos and... this is so bad it's actually funny. Like... oh sh*t, a warrior hit me with a well telegraphed backbreaker that required prep(full adrenaline, baiting cooldowns etc), and it only did 23 damage but... OH NOES IM BLEEDING! It's the only condition related trait in strenght, so it's not like I'm swamped by conditions but... NOOO!

I wonder if sh*t like this and Merciless_Hammer will ever get changed or the 2012-2015 GW2 content will just remain in the trashbin for forever.

The new Merciless Hammer actually amazing trait by itself, the problem is that you can't make a build for it. To run Hammer you need sustain, but you will need also discipline and this just leaves you running Strength/Discipline Tactics or Defense, but since in pvp the burst skill does 0 damage it always lacks something. 
In PVE makes the hammer rotation amazing the flow is great, its good QoL but you drop Berserker's Power and lose allot of damage. It is just hard to make synergies for build on warrior like other professions. 

3 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

The new Merciless Hammer actually amazing trait by itself, the problem is that you can't make a build for it. To run Hammer you need sustain, but you will need also discipline and this just leaves you running Strength/Discipline Tactics or Defense, but since in pvp the burst skill does 0 damage it always lacks something. 
In PVE makes the hammer rotation amazing the flow is great, its good QoL but you drop Berserker's Power and lose allot of damage. It is just hard to make synergies for build on warrior like other professions. 

MH is the best adrenaline gaining trait of all time hands down. One cleaving/aoe CC into 3 enemies gives you full adrenaline.

Just too bad that Hammer sucks and you can't take it with Berserker's Power.