PvP Balance guy

And i forgot he even nerfed core engineer!

It must be that core engineer was very detrimental for the game, even more than willbender and harbinger.

Dammnit core engineer was S tier not like willbender or harbinger.

What is inside the head of the person doing the balance????????

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Choyacute.8591 said:

What is inside the head of the person doing the balance????????

Peace. Everlasting peace and tranquility.

CmC does or did play at some point and I think they mained Ele of all things.

The lord doth work in mysterious ways.

5 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

There is no balance in sPvP or anywhere else in the game to begin with.

It's only changes for the sake of changing things.

That might very well be true.

Balance is folly to begin with. It should be about fun changes if its just going to be changing things for the sake of changing things.

• Haha 1

Was going to post something but then realized we don't know kitten about who does what at arenanet since they don't communicate. 

All we know is that there is no pvp balance team able to operate independantly from every other team. Same goes for wvw. 

Edited by Classic Perception.2507

6 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Weren't the changes for williebender number changes only?

Latest changes were >2 months ago.  Willbender and harbinger have been absolutely dominating for that entire time period.  At bare minimum, I would expect numbers changes at a tempo faster than 2-3 months.

Edited by thepolishman.2348
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, thepolishman.2348 said:

Latest changes were >2 months ago.  Willbender and harbinger have been absolutely dominating for that entire time period.  At bare minimum, I would expect numbers changes at a tempo faster than 2-3 months.

Given that they announced to go for quarterly changes, one shouldn't expect a faster pace.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Given that they announced to go for quarterly changes, one shouldn't expect a faster pace.

Huh, wasn't aware they said that.  Pace was biweekly before that.  Sucks then, I guess.  Hopefully, they'll address willbender and harbinger in the June patch.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, lotus.5672 said:

Increase core engi cooldowns.

I mean... they butchered core mesmer so many times for the sake of chrono/mirage that I'v lost count... its a bit insulting to see only core engi being mentioned all the time 😕

p.s that mysterious "the balance guy" singlehandedly killed pvp and its population.. as if he was born for this or had an experience at doing so

Edited by semak.7481
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, thepolishman.2348 said:

You forgot, that Harbinger and Willbender were reaking havoc prior to that balancing patch.... AAAAAANNNND they nerfed Core engie... but left those 2 untouched.   The balancegods work in mysterious ways...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

I mean... they butchered core mesmer so many times for the sake of chrono/mirage that I'v lost count... its a bit insulting to see only core engi being mentioned all the time 😕

its because core engi was already lying dead on the floor when they did it. 

core mes is still miles ahead of core engi in terms of viability

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, toxic.3648 said:

its because core engi was already lying dead on the floor when they did it. 

core mes is still miles ahead of core engi in terms of viability

Shield had it coming for a long time.

Good luck with core mesmer in your journey to viablity while holo coulndt carry such a dead weight 😅

Edited by semak.7481
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, semak.7481 said:

Shield had it coming for a long time.

Good luck with core mesmer in your journey to viablity while holo coulndt carry such a dead weight 😅

I think you underestimate just how loaded they made holo. They had to stack it to high heavens in order to carry core engineer. 

Here's a list of everything the meta Holosmith setup gives you with just one traitline, no utilities, and no weapons:

Mobility - Holo Leap

Condi Cleanse - Prismatic Converter, Crystal Configuration: Zephyr

CC - Holographic Shockwave, Holo Leap (cripple)

Sustain - Heat Therapy

Self-Might Uptime - Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit, Corona Burst

Vuln Uptime - Corona Burst

Ranged poke damage - Photon Blitz

A good damage modifier - Lazer's Edge

One traitline gives you a well rounded kit. If core engi had anything even remotely decent and you stacked it on top of that, it had to get nerfed because it would cause holo to overperform. Conversely, it should be a testament to just how bad core engineer is if something this overloaded has fallen to the wayside as of late. 

As for why core engimore attention than core mesmer, it's because it's already dead, and they still keep nerfing it. And there are still people , including streamers who defend the nerfs, (Even you say shield had it coming... Because it overperformed on Mech and Holo. Proof that people still defend core engi nerfs to this day) 

At least core mesmer has the luxury of being mostly dead and forgotten. They might be bad but they don't keep getting worse patch after patch.

Core engi, more than likely will continue to see nerfs even after this. Scrapper is still king in WvW, so there may be Elixir gun, Med kit, Alchemy, or Inventions nerfs on the horizon. If Willbender and Harbinger get nerfed, Holo can make a resurgence in the meta... which puts them in the direct line of fire for more core engi nerfs to tone it down. Perhaps  Explosive Entrance can take a hit next. We got rid of their bunkering.  Lets remove all of core engi's damage next!

• Like 3