Dungeon rewards suddenly locked, no warning?

Logged in and now I can't buy any more gifts from the dungeon reward merchant. Got Dungeoneer, dungeon master, 7x dungeon frequenter, 6k tokerns, multiple legendaries, ascneded and exotics that required gifts, and yet nothing unlocked.

How does this make any sense?

Edited by Belorn.2659
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It's just another QA failure

To purchase exotic armor, weapons, and legendary gifts from dungeon merchants, players are now required to complete the dungeon explorable mode associated with the item.

Note: Accounts that have already completed any story mode or explorable path before this change are exempt from this requirement.

Is what was supposed to happen.

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, 5 explorable mode path is 500 token which is the price for legendary gift, seems fair. 

Oh, and it's supposed to be retroactive, every thing was unlocked on my side, if you did the requirements and it's not unlocked, I suggest you send a ticket to the support, that's not normal

Edited by Shuzuru.3651
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Oh, and it's supposed to be retroactive, every thing was unlocked on my side, if you did the requirements and it's not unlocked, I suggest you send a ticket to the support, that's not normal

It looks like it will fail if you happen to talk to the dungeon vendor on the wrong character after the update. A wrong character would be one that hasn't done the dungeon paths ... despite the patch note say "Accounts"

Expecting support to fix game bugs seems pretty crazy to me ...

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Belorn.2659 said:

Got a reply from support. No dice. Got to redo the whole 40 dungeon runs if I want to get back access to the gifts.

I’ve seen people reporting having access to it without redoing them. Prob get a hot fix soon for this. Keep an eye on the bug forums as there seems to be conflicting info which suggests something went wrong with the patch

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The legendary gifts seem to be in the weapon vendor tab meaning you'd only need to to the story mode. If it really is per char ... then using another char that completed those ... should work. Have not tried on my other chars. Though I only have done Arah story (from personal core story where it is soloable last story step) on all chars ...

which should apply the rule that the weapon vendor (including the legendary gifts) is unlocked. Which worked on my main - for every weapon vendor tab (all of the dungeons).  Armor tab also allowed sigils and I think potions ... to be bought.

Only the tonic and the armor locked.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

The legendary gifts seem to be in the weapon vendor tab meaning you'd only need to to the story mode.

The hover text say 5 explorable paths to unlock. I already tested to do a story mode and it did nothing. also did a explorable and the hover text still say 5 explorables, but I guess it could just not be tracking runs until 5 are done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This must be a bug.

I just checked on a character I know for a fact has never done any dungeon paths (and one who might have done a couple) and they can buy all the gifts. They can also buy the weapons and armour and other stuff from the vendor.

(I have done story mode and at least 1 explorable mode for each dungeon, just not on those characters.)

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Well, 5 explorable mode path is 500 token which is the price for legendary gift, seems fair. 

I submitted a ticket and the only reply I got was "sorry, you need to redo the dungeons"...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

The legendary gifts seem to be in the weapon vendor tab meaning you'd only need to to the story mode. If it really is per char ... then using another char that completed those ... should work. Have not tried on my other chars. Though I only have done Arah story (from personal core story where it is soloable last story step) on all chars ...

which should apply the rule that the weapon vendor (including the legendary gifts) is unlocked. Which worked on my main - for every weapon vendor tab (all of the dungeons).  Armor tab also allowed sigils and I think potions ... to be bought.

Only the tonic and the armor locked.

It is not per char. Talking to the vendor on the wrong character for the first time after patch simply bricks the account.

On the other hand if the account hasn't been bricked then the vendor will work for all characters including ones that have never done any dungeon.

Talking to vendor again on a "good" character will not unbrick the account.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

It is not per char. Talking to the vendor on the wrong character for the first time after patch simply bricks the account.

On the other hand if the account hasn't been bricked then the vendor will work for all characters including ones that have never done any dungeon.

Talking to vendor again on a "good" character will not unbrick the account.

How can you be sure it's caused by the character used?

Since the update I've only talked to the vendor on characters who haven't done all the dungeons (first one who might have done 1-2 paths, second on one who has never done any dungeons at all) and I could buy all the gifts. So it's not as simple as if you talk to the vendor on a character who hasn't done dungeons you're locked out.

Given that I don't see how you can be sure it's the character that's causing it and not simply that those accounts were bugged from the update and would be locked out of the vendor no matter what character they used to check the vendor.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

How can you be sure it's caused by the character used?

Since the update I've only talked to the vendor on characters who haven't done all the dungeons (first one who might have done 1-2 paths, second on one who has never done any dungeons at all) and I could buy all the gifts. So it's not as simple as if you talk to the vendor on a character who hasn't done dungeons you're locked out.

Given that I don't see how you can be sure it's the character that's causing it and not simply that those accounts were bugged from the update and would be locked out of the vendor no matter what character they used to check the vendor.

You are right, shouldn't have phrased it that way.

• Confused 1

I was happy at first when I saw dungeons getting attention and then dismayed when I saw about this restriction put in place. Downgrades in access and QOL are the kind of thing that lose players. I know there's apparently a bug relating to it too, but even without that, there will be people who had access to the vendor items before and now won't. Pretty bummed out about it, not gonna lie. I expected better from Anet and I came back to this game from another game trying to get away from exactly this kind of thoughtless practice. 😔I'm not even mad, I'm just tired and sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Belorn.2659 said:

Logged in and now I can't buy any more gifts from the dungeon reward merchant. Got Dungeoneer, dungeon master, 7x dungeon frequenter, 6k tokerns, multiple legendaries, ascneded and exotics that required gifts, and yet nothing unlocked.

How does this make any sense?

It doesnt make sense, Its kittening kitten. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eclipsiste.3251 said:

I submitted a ticket and the only reply I got was "sorry, you need to redo the dungeons"...

You should do a followup response -- on the same ticket, they really don't like multiple tickets that aren't for new issues for the submitter -- politely asking for further clarification as you see from forum posts that others have got everything unlocked.

I am one that had no problems.  I don't know that the alt I used has done all the dungeons, though it's possible as she's my help-others-with-pve character but still is not my usual dungeons/fractals character.  I got the game mail that the currency had been swapped (total over 12K Tales), looked in my inventory to confirm, and headed to LA (I was not in LA on log in, in case that has any impact).  I clicked through all the armor options, then a few of the weapon options, and everything was available to me.  I do have all dungeon achieves complete except for the last bits of Hobby Dungeon Explorer, for which I need to do 6 more paths to cap out the AP.

It sounds like you (OP) have done similar amounts if not more, so it should indeed all be unlocked for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2022 at 5:10 AM, Belorn.2659 said:

Got a reply from support. No dice. Got to redo the whole 40 dungeon runs if I want to get back access to the gifts.

Are you for real?  This is kittening kitten? I used to do HotW all the time now theres just kitten all groups and ihave 6000 locked toekns. kitten me ANET is dumb af at times. 

Fix this kitten. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1