Jumping puzzles deserve better rewards.

They could put a "Challenge Mote" at the entrance to all JPs, if you activate it you get inreased rewards after completing the puzzle, could even have some sort of new "JP currency" that you can use to buy some stuff and skins (Spring-heeled Boots skin when?), kinda like the racing medallions, quantity rewarded based on the dificulty of the Jumping Puzzle of course, even new achievements and titles, already imagined the ultimate one: "God Jumping Amongst Mere Mortals" xD.

And sure, in the Challenge Mode all those penalties said here could apply, no mount or glider use, no way to just log to a alt (since you would need to go to the start of the puzzle to activate the CM), no teleporting, maybe mobility gizmos like the rifle or the rewinder could still be used, but overall, you would need to do the Jumping Puzzle the way it was intended, they could even put certain checkpoints that you need to reach in CM mode, to make sure it's not easily exploitable.

This way you make both sides happy (i guess lol), people that don't care or hate JPs can still get their dailies or achievements by being ported to the "normal" JP, or they can even do the CM on the easiest ones, would take longer but eventually they could get a few of the rewards, and people that likes JPs and challenges would have an extra incentive with the mote and rewards.

Anet, Chalice of Tears Tribulation mode when?? :v

Edited by Brandon Uzumaki.1524
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Everyone also seems to forget that they added no mount zones to a lot of the old JPs, but most of them can still be cheesed with mounts in specific places. Upgrading rewards and relying on making it uncheesable with mounts/gliders won't really work as they already tried stopping it before to no avail. 

• Like 1

I don't think I've done a daily JP in over a week. By the time I get to the zone and start point, the Mesmer Collective is already broadcasting their portal location.

If you want truly frustrating, hair-pulling, yelling at your walls jumping mechanics - go play SWTOR. Worst jump coding of any game I've ever played and it's not even close.

• Sad 1

On 6/18/2022 at 5:07 AM, Astralporing.1957 said:

It's like saying that nice rewards would not work in raids because you can be carried.

Seriously, we're not talking here about massive reward upgrade to the point where JPs would become obligatory part of farm runs. We're talking about putting a bit more nice things in there, nothing more.

A unique armor set is a very massive reward upgrade in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

A unique armor set is a very massive reward upgrade in my opinion.

And I think it's fine. Making every type of activity truly rewarding is great. 

It creates incentive to try out new types of content.

And it's fine if not every player enjoys this type of content, and if not everybody will get the skins. I'll never get the sweet looking Dhuum set because I don't raid, yet you don't see me complaining about it or asking it to be available through other means.

I think it's healthy for a MMO to have unique rewards tied to each activity.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I think that a lot of content in the game (not just JPs) would be used more if there was a chance for unique skins at the end of them. In the case of JPs, there would need to be a check point system introduced to them to make sure people completed the JP and didn't just park at the end or got portal-ed. Some Jp's already have check points, and others like the griffon run for instance, requires that you take the bomb from beginning to end in order to unlock the chest forcing people to actually complete the JP. In order to not pressure people  and force them to "speed run", the system could be simple ,where people would basically get an "aura" at the beginning of the jp which they would lose it if they got in a portal. This way it would put everyone in an equal footing. The aura would also expire when you open the chest, if you leave the map, or at a certain time interval (dependent on JP difficulty), so that people who park at the chest would not be able to just reopen it.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

And I think it's fine. Making every type of activity truly rewarding is great. 

It creates incentive to try out new types of content.

From what I've noticed, dailies seem to be enough of an incentive for people to flock to the jps? Not only that, but jps are already parts of some collections, which subsequently grant you better rewards.

28 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

I think it's healthy for a MMO to have unique rewards tied to each activity.

True, but if your goal is to really incentivize active content completion, first probably should lock the portals and make better no-mount zones near jps. Or maybe add multiple checkpoints in each of them, so it's impossible to easly skip from start to the end.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

True, but if your goal is to really incentivize active content completion, first probably should lock the portals and make better no-mount zones near jps. Or maybe add multiple checkpoints in each of them, so it's impossible to easly skip from start to the end.

Of course, nobody ask for better rewards only to get them through easy pass like portals. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

The OP did exactly that mate maybe read before posting something that aint true?

No, op just ask for better rewards but you are so desprate to think how people ask for free stuff that you read it that way. Op simply ask for better reward, there can be solution for not to cheat on jp. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Flasterko.4087 said:

Of course, nobody ask for better rewards only to get them through easy pass like portals. 

34 minutes ago, Flasterko.4087 said:

No, op just ask for better rewards but you are so desprate to think how people ask for free stuff that you read it that way.

I mean there are pretty clearly some people that don't care or would like to push more rewards for no effort -both throughout different threads on this forum and in this thread (for one, astralp post on the previous page that swipes any concerns about it under the rug instead of even mentioning any potential solution to those concerns). So while you might think those proposed measures to diminish/remove the ability to skip content in order to get more rewards are a given, it really isn't such an obvious point to everyone -at times it straight up goes against what they want.

"nobody ask for better rewards only to get them through easy pass like portals." isn't exactly true. "Some do, some don't" would be more accurate and exactly because of that I think mentioning ways to encourage actually completing the activity instead of skipping it for fast/new rewards is perfectly reasonable to ensure everyone is on the same page here.

34 minutes ago, Flasterko.4087 said:

Op simply ask for better reward, there can be solution for not to cheat on jp. 

Yes, exactly -there can be, but currently there are next to none. Which is why they're being mentioned here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, SkinnyT.5382 said:

I think that a lot of content in the game (not just JPs) would be used more if there was a chance for unique skins at the end of them. In the case of JPs, there would need to be a check point system introduced to them to make sure people completed the JP and didn't just park at the end or got portal-ed. Some Jp's already have check points, and others like the griffon run for instance, requires that you take the bomb from beginning to end in order to unlock the chest forcing people to actually complete the JP. In order to not pressure people  and force them to "speed run", the system could be simple ,where people would basically get an "aura" at the beginning of the jp which they would lose it if they got in a portal. This way it would put everyone in an equal footing. The aura would also expire when you open the chest, if you leave the map, or at a certain time interval (dependent on JP difficulty), so that people who park at the chest would not be able to just reopen it.

If portals could still be used for completion credit for dailies and achievements, I like the idea of this aura system for added rewards.

8 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

If portals could still be used for completion credit for dailies and achievements, I like the idea of this aura system for added rewards.

The aura could be a "boost" that  is needed to be for the unique items to become available as loot. So basically the chest could have 2 loot tables, one which would require the aura to access. I  don't know how technically challenging that would be to implement though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SkinnyT.5382 said:

The aura could be a "boost" that  is needed to be for the unique items to become available as loot. So basically the chest could have 2 loot tables, one which would require the aura to access. I  don't know how technically challenging that would be to implement though.

It would also suck if it's one of the longer puzzles and you get a dc halfway. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Emberfoot.6847 said:

It would also suck if it's one of the longer puzzles and you get a dc halfway. 

What if there were a reasonable timer on it? If it persists for 2 minutes real time on log out, to give time to log back in?

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

What if there were a reasonable timer on it? If it persists for 2 minutes real time on log out, to give time to log back in?

It would be a fair compromise, but tbh all this thread is a little pointless. As nice as it might be Anet are not going to put in a bunch of effort and work to -give- us more loot.

Edited by Emberfoot.6847
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/18/2022 at 2:18 AM, Aodlop.1907 said:

Just make it so if you log in in the area considered "inside a jumping puzzle", you're teleported back to its entrance. Pretty easy fix.

You did not read my post in in it's fullness, you skimmed it and hit the quote button. 

I basically said that lol ... 

Line 3

literally right under what you quoted. 

Edited by Wolfey.3407
typo
  • Sad 1

On 6/17/2022 at 9:01 PM, Aodlop.1907 said:

Not anything mandatory of course, but unique skins would be nice.

I'd love a JP collection to reward a set of unique armor, or a mount skin. It'd be neat considering how underwhelming the chests at the end tend to be.

You've missed the point of the content. Satisfaction of completing the JP is the real reward 🤣

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Let's remove rewards from every single type of content and rely on enjoyment alone then.

Look, I know we may not have the same motivations but I can honestly say that for a while now, I have mostly played content I enjoy and rarely stepped into things I don't like. The exception has been the odd exclusive festival skin here or there. 

Your argument is poor and I don't think jps deserve an increased reward.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1