Anet whats your plan on steam reviews?

Any post related to cheater, exploiters, etc... get deleted here and on reddit sit on waiting for a mod.

Reporting ingame do nothing 'casuse i have eyes and i can see the same dude that i reported months ago running around in wvw using the same exploit.

Posting here end in a ban but the dudes that use the exploits and cheats r still ingame.

Anyway before i get banned (because this evil and subversive post is against the rules), the question is, when someone post about cheaters on steam what do you guys are planning to do?

Ban the game account? Or you can delete the reviwes there too?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

You're right. This post is evil and subversive. Almost downright seditious. You won't be banned, though.

Instead, this post will be tarred and feathered, then racked, beheaded, and the remains taken to a back alley of Lion's Arch and shot. All evidence will then be disposed of in Mount Maelstrom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

letting the GMs determine if someone is breaking the rules

1) the only ones that do that are gms in pve and only once in a while and only in the engi farmspot

2) theres 0 gm in wvw never seen one in years, also never seen a gm in pve teleporting an afk necro around only engis

3) and determine what ? cheats and exploit are against the rules theres no maybe,but, my cousin is anet boss or whatever

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Faccina.5091 said:

Any post related to cheater, exploiters, etc... get deleted here and on reddit sit on waiting for a mod.

Reporting ingame do nothing 'casuse i have eyes and i can see the same dude that i reported months ago running around in wvw using the same exploit.

Posting here end in a ban but the dudes that use the exploits and cheats r still ingame.

Anyway before i get banned (because this evil and subversive post is against the rules), the question is, when someone post about cheaters on steam what do you guys are planning to do?

For such a case you should made a Ticket. Because there are so many reports and because of that i do not think that the GM's have the manpower to investigate every case. Exploiting is a bigger thing than a random insult or body Jump. We have now since days a griefer in our team who take all mats out from our castles. That sucks but we have now to wait when the GM's can take actions against him.

Thats the biggest problem of free to play where peoples using several accounts. Im no fan of that because it brings alot of stupid behavior into the game. All you can do is to write a ticket and do not take this game to serious.

Edited by Grebcol.5984
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, vanfrano.1325 said:

I'm sure they'll be ok with 60% positive reviews, same as that wonderful final meta 😄

Honestly it will be worse than that on no old accounts are allowed alone.. People will review bomb over that for sure. 😏

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

19 hours ago, Faccina.5091 said:

the question is, when someone post about cheaters on steam what do you guys are planning to do?

You agreed to the term of service and therefore agreed to not name and shame people.

If you chose to break the agreement, Arenanet is free to regulate your access to the game, even if you use $team to access the game.

$team is not some wonder tool that magically overwrites the terms of service you have agreed to.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

You agreed to the term of service and therefore agreed to not name and shame people.

If you chose to break the agreement, Arenanet is free to regulate your access to the game, even if you use $team to access the game.

$team is not some wonder tool that magically overwrites the terms of service you have agreed to.

Kinda pointless with free to play accounts, you ban them they are back over and over on alt accounts.

• Confused 5

50 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

if im not wrong thats a rule on the forum is not in the ncsoft tos

anyway that rule is just to hide the fact that theres no permaban for cheaters and exploiters

and what happens if someone is streaming and a cheaters popup with the name visible?

get a ban cuz theres the name in the video and NUOONUOOYOUCANTDOTHAT.jpg ?

Edited by Faccina.5091
potatoes
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Honestly it will be worse than that on no old accounts are allowed alone.. People will review bomb over that for sure. 😏

Ah yes, that ever popular and ever successful tactic.  Tell me, has it ever worked?

Every version of Skyrim was review bombed when the Creation Club was announced, including versions that didn't have access to the Creation Club.  Was it ever removed from Skyrim?

What about Fallout 4?  Wait, I can answer that, since I was just playing Fallout 4, through Steam, about 2 hours ago:  Nope, it wasn't removed.  Also of note, it wasn't removed from Skyrim either.  So, I'd guess the response to review bombing on Steam would be the same for Anet as it was for Bethesda; ignore it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, robertthebard.8150 said:

Ah yes, that ever popular and ever successful tactic.  Tell me, has it ever worked?

Every version of Skyrim was review bombed when the Creation Club was announced, including versions that didn't have access to the Creation Club.  Was it ever removed from Skyrim?

What about Fallout 4?  Wait, I can answer that, since I was just playing Fallout 4, through Steam, about 2 hours ago:  Nope, it wasn't removed.  Also of note, it wasn't removed from Skyrim either.  So, I'd guess the response to review bombing on Steam would be the same for Anet as it was for Bethesda; ignore it.

what ever happened to paid mods? I can't seem to remember

• Haha 2

I honestly don't understand why anyone needs this on steam, Steam like many online based 'services' companies these days like Discord, Zoom etc has dodgy privacy, poor to terrible customer service  and retail protections and you don't even own the games you buy. They could shut down your account at any point.

I can sort of understand if you have never played before but those with vet accounts , why?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, robertthebard.8150 said:

Review Bombing for no reason doesn't help but plenty of valid reviews do. You're using Bethesda as an example though~ reviews have certainly helped them improve a lot of things, but many of their games simply aren't fixable by their mess of a company. I mean look at the new video that just came out regarding what their team went through with Fallout 76 and how many of their veteran employees straight up quit cuz of it.

I'll always point out Larian Studios as a company that uses Steam feedback and reviews to their fullest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scheherazade.7148 said:

I honestly don't understand why anyone needs this on steam, Steam like many online based 'services' companies these days like Discord, Zoom etc has dodgy privacy, poor to terrible customer service  and retail protections and you don't even own the games you buy. They could shut down your account at any point.

I can sort of understand if you have never played before but those with vet accounts , why?

I think for more regional access to gems?  Cost cheaper, perhaps?

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Scheherazade.7148 said:

Steam achievements and trading cards?

I don't expect ANet is doing it to give current players the option to use Steam. I expect they're hoping to reach a new audience through the platform.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Faccina.5091 said:

anyway that rule is just to hide the fact that theres no permaban for cheaters and exploiters

and what happens if someone is streaming and a cheaters popup with the name visible?

On what ANet owned platform is your hypothetical player streaming?

6 hours ago, Faccina.5091 said:

I think it is:  https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/ncsoft/code-of-conduct

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Imagine taking steam reviews seriously.

This isn't exactly some new hyped MMO that is undiscovered territory. The core player base has already been established and there's nearly 10 years worth of information and opinions about the game.

In other words, their distinctiveness will be made to adapt to our needs. Resistance is futile.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Imagine being upset about a cheater when they're simply a lot better at wvw than you...

Which for me is absolutely everyone.  I get steamrolled even if I'm lucky enough to find a commander zerg to try to hide behind.

That's why name and shame isn't allowed... exclusively because it's difficult to judge a situation from exclusively one restricted perspective.  Are they really teleporting, for example, or do they just have an absolutely terrible ping (manipulated or otherwise).  In obvious situations, such as where a player is admitting or showcasing the breaking of a rule should be allowed to name.  There's no shaming in stating factually true statements.  If there's any shame, that sounds like a personal problem as if they find the truth about themselves shameful clearly that's on them.

I've got loads of things I've done that I'm ashamed I did.  I don't try to hide them.  I'll admit to them if confronted because... if it's true then I need to change and if it's false then it doesn't matter.

But this level of nuance is expecting a bit much from the internet... the average mental age of the users is way too young for that level of emotional intelligence.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, robertthebard.8150 said:

Yes it has many times. And remember review bombs go both ways positive and negative.. People take Steam reviews very seriously over there, more than streamers or Journalists.. You can laugh here but Steam reviews are serious business.

Bethesda.net closed down, Creation club may not have closed but its dead in the water.. That said the Whole Cyberpunk 2077 fiasco was helped by steam reviews as was many other bad games..

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2