Game Update Notes Preview: Profession Skills

Rubi Bayer.8493

2 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

Is this really it? I was expecting reworks of entire traitlines and functional changes to skills and utilities. Very sad

thats too much brain and man power for anet. BIG at anet usually means small in the real world. 

• Like 4

Aside from the patch being terrible what really irks me is the fact that we still have a bunch of useless traits, 300sec traits, incomplete sets of utilities, unused skills and utilities not getting love and skills and utilities that outright do not work underwater, a huge amount of reused and uninspiring skill animations and so much more that I'm just too drained to even bother writing them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

So like... now banners still suck, but put out quickness when put down and you have to take tactics for the 60% quickness uptime from [Martial Candance], and that's IF you spec into 100% boon duration. (Which also competes with [Phalanx Strength] so warriors can't provide both quickness AND might.

ALSO you means you still have to take banners and now STOP your dps rotation to awkwardly juggle them up / put them down.

SERIOUSLY!? WE WAITED 2.5 FUCING YEARS FOR THIS????

Can one of you dipshits play warrior for like 5 seconds to realize how carnival-kitten awful all of it's skills and traits are.

It desperately needs a rework. JFC, Fox News is more "Balanced" than this patch. My therapist told me I need to quit the abusive relationships in my life and every patch since Hugh left it's been like "Nooooo don't go, please! Warrior fixes are coming we promise we can change. Just next patch."

So no, I'm sorry ANet. You got paid money to do this, you've had 2 years, it kittening sucks, and I'm done with this game. Bye.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, EiraReida.7625 said:

So.. Nerfing things that need to be buffed and buffing things that need to be nerfed..  Taking away might from harbinger is all that happened lol

Removing 15 stacks of might you mean not fully removing it. Haha. 

Barely gonna scratch the situation. 

I guess it maybe worse then willbender. But still above anything else 

2 hours ago, Shaman.2034 said:

Also, Catalyst (for anything other than yolo double Meteor Shower) is now dead, RIP. If it's not supposed to do a lot of damage, then make it simple to play

Eeeh I wouldn't say it's fine for a simple proffession to do low damage either. 

Balance shouldn't factor difficulty, difficulty cutves in mmorpgs exist for the purpose of choice of player enjoyment. Not to benefit anything. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, ZDragon.3046 said:

The TLDR version of my reply to this.

Warhorn and healing 

The will have to do alot more for healing necro to ever be considered they should prob start by removing blood bank or at least putting it in the scourge line so that all the heal traits are not in the same slot at least and they will have to make the ability to heal far more consistent and that will probably require a scourge rework for the best results. 

Soul reaping
oh... the worst of the worst.... the 10% crit chance change is fully understandable we can adjust for that without much difference.... the 15% crit damage however while it sounds good written down is not = to the 300 ferocity from before which was 20% so thats a power reaper nerf as well as a potential nerf for any necro power build going forward. Sad and disappointing considering that the power options for necro...

Reaper good changes...

Sadly only apply to pvp only when pve could have used those changes even more than pvp and wvw.... but seeing the reaper specific healing skill get some love is nice necro really needed more competitive healing options that were not just always take consume conditions.

Harbinger...
I wont complain because based on the other changes its more than likely to do more harm than good...

power harb has no chance now thank to the soul reaping DP change just forget about that.

Yes FIX THE UNDER WATER SKILL WHEN????

HOW DO YOU LOOK AT UNDERWATER ELIXIRS AND NOT FIX THE UNDER WATER SKILL.

The more i read the more i was happy to see that they didnt dive into changing much. 

The 15% crit damage increase is a nerf to berserker stats but for Dragon stats we're looking at close to over 300% crit damage. IF my maths is correct. Which is a buff hypothetically. I'm not 100% sure on that but time will tell. I have been testing Dragon vs berserker reaper with soul eater zerker vs decimate defenses dragon and zerker currently is slightly stronger. By maybe 10%.

It's been a couple hours now and i'm still struggling to see passed the scenario of

Anet Dev 1: Hey you got the June 28 balance patch summary? Gonna post it up on forums on friday.

Anet Dev 2 who's actually working on Expansion 4: Uhh sure give me an hour to finish formatting it.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

Just now, Lily.1935 said:

The 15% crit damage increase is a nerf to berserker stats but for Dragon stats we're looking at close to over 300% crit damage. IF my maths is correct. Which is a buff hypothetically. I'm not 100% sure on that but time will tell. I have been testing Dragon vs berserker reaper with soul eater zerker vs decimate defenses dragon and zerker currently is slightly stronger. By maybe 10%.

hmm interesting I suppose. I will look at this in more detail later but its hard to imagine it being stronger by 10% in pve with the loss of the soul eater trait. which is straight up a 10%. Its clunky sounding and i hate the idea of it lol still a horrible way to make a change considering that that trait effects all potential power builds necro can ever have. If they had adjusted soul barbs or something with an increase at the same time i could understand it but it seems like overall a bad change if you ask me.

This is seriously sad, can we get a true support warrior that can replace a healer? Just rework spellbreaker, it's useless even in pvp.   A boon for scurge so they can be an actual good support healer. DAMAGE for rangers, untamed is the saddest elite spec since spellbreaker.  And please focus on utilites as well, there's so many dead and completely useless utilites it hurts.    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ErisianMoon.1740 said:

These have got to be the very worst patchnotes I've read in the past 6 years of playing this game.

Any other MMO's good in 2022? Asking for a friend

The funny thing is that even with this crap update, GW2 is still by far the best MMO.

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 5
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, ATom.7139 said:

5% bonus crit in ARMS traitline? that's the most troll thing ever. No power build uses that traitline, this is putrid.

Just take the skill traits that buff burst skills so when you have 100% crit you can apply the rare vulnerability debuff and have...um... 100% crit on burst skills with the Burst Precision Trait... wait...hold on I think somethings wrong here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1