Game Update Notes Preview: Profession Skills

Rubi Bayer.8493

I know that this might not please people but already to balance things out if the alac was removed in favor of setting a fairer timer on the skills.

I'm not going to venture into classes I don't know enough about, but for the herald the power is already not great even if it's easier to keep a buff active but just managed to keep energy. I find having to make a choice to consume skills to offer quickness with a contradiction of holding buffs and managing energy, is not really up to par, it feels like it was added just to say it's there.

By dint of nerfing the modes, there will be no more interest in playing because with each patch, you nerf, I feel less and less like playing gw2, I'm even disgusted.

As it was said for the war with the banners, the rodeur with the spirits, the reduction of buff to the group, the dps finally there should be a modification not a nerf each time...

We spend more time trying to buff ourselves than to do anything now with harder content.

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 3

ele should do top dps for having more complex dps rotations.

that's literally how every MMO else work.

just like black mage and samurai in ff14.

master black mage will outdamage everybody, but it takes a very long time to master a fight with black mage.

and non master black mage will be low end of dps meter in a fight.

and people accept this

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

I like the patch preview.

The only thing that I'll have to wait and see is how chrono will play moving forward.  Else, it's good.  I like patches that shake everything up, it prevents the combat from getting stale.  Most patches don't affect any of my 18, now 27 builds (I play all 9 professions).

The hyperventilating complaint threads are an overreaction, as most internet conversations tend to go.  With this forum community, it's hard to gauge what is actually bad and what's been exaggerated to look bad.  Most of the time it's all hyperbolic.  Sometimes there's actual issues being justly called out.  This particular case is more on the exaggerated side.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

20 hours ago, Phoenix.4593 said:

No one likes them! They further consolidate power amongst a few professions. Ele nerfs have long since been a meme. Nerf them further? Mechanist strength has long been a meme, buff it further? The times I'm having fun, it's great! When I'm annoyed, yeah... I don't get how a company that produced such an awesome game can have so many decision makers who have no idea what fun is... It seems as though they don't take into account whos playing what. In WVW I rarely come across an Ele, and yeah, they're probably gonna kick my kitten if I see them, but I rarely see them. Same goes for Deadeye. You hardly see them, but when you do, watch out. That's a problem. They nerf these characters because of what the tippy top players do instead of finding some way to make them more viable for average players. These, as well as several other professions are well out of reach of average players. I don't mind being bested by a superior player, but the goal of balance should be to have my chances of getting my kitten kicked be relatively equal regardless of which profession I choose.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/ 

go there, you will get your answer as to why the balance patch sucks

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/25/2022 at 11:39 AM, FirebrandFrog.7603 said:

What. The. kitten. Does the "balancing" team understand what balance even is?
EDIT post patchnote : Either they don't, or there's a profound rift between what the playerbase wants and what the devs aim.

I've felt more and more over the last few months gw2 really is a game that gives you no drive to improve on its own (you either fix goals yourself, or follow a guild/friends), given you can do all the story and meta without even knowing what your skills do ; do all the raids (and possibly cms idk) with a mere 15-20k dps despite benchmarks being twice higher. Solar's answer confirms it. Why try and improve further when I know in a few months its gonna be nerfed because its popular.

On 6/25/2022 at 11:39 AM, FirebrandFrog.7603 said:

what kind of message are you sending to the playerbase

The message I got is "Stop trying. Either embrace the fact the game is a giant skinner box collection ; or go play something else if you want any form of competitive play"

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Camniel.7238 said:

We still do not know everything about what is going on with these changes that they have described. There are A LOT of unanswered questions and too many assumptions.

BRUH get off the copium. At the start of the thread the OP literally says this is the profession balance section of the patch. This is it, literally. And it's kittening underwhelming and anet dropped the ball hard on this. There will be even more players leaving the game/pvp because this was literally their last chance.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Make Perma protection, Perma stability, Perm resoultion(or bring back retaliation) all baseline for each class and tone down all stats to pre hot days, restore cc damage, problems solved. In all honesty yeah anet been sipping 2 much nightquil on this one. Still waiting for the days earthshaker burst skill will work once again. Those that play catalyst as a warrior main may I trade you hammers? My plastic one only hits for 20's on crits.

Soul Reaping

• Death Perception: This trait now gives 10% critical chance, regardless of whether the necromancer is in shroud. This trait now increases critical damage by 15% instead of increasing ferocity while in shroud.

The way most ppl seem to read the second part is: 

(This trait now increases critical damage by 15% instead of increasing ferocity) while in shroud.

the way I read it is:

This trait now (increases critical damage by 15%) instead of (increasing ferocity while in shroud).

so that would be a buff, but maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part though.

Also I missed taking "entangle"  on my ranger, so thanks for bringing that back by deleting "one wolf pack" and therefore stanceshare in general I guess? I hope the numbers will add up for condisoulbeast to still be viable by not bringing much else useful besides dps to the table. Maybe if we finally get a condivariation of harrier or diviner (and not just a secondary stat of concentration on a 4 statitem) condidruid might make a come back, or condiboonbeast. Or an Alacrityrune. There's hope for LW5 (or is it 6?, do we rename IBS to LW5?).

Edit: still missing the rework for Unplayed! This would have been the chance to add some useful conditraits for PVE.

Edited by Minna.7895
  • Like 2

So after a day of talking to players on all the mediums I could, the most optimistic outlooks basically were "well maybe it won't be as bad as it sounds."

Whomever is leading this team has to ask themselves if it values the morale of its passionate player base enough to listen and act.

Most game companies fail this test and it almost always correlates with profit/player loss. 

Not very many players object to the concepts that were spoken of, there was trepidation based off track record of Anet with patches, but your base was ultimately hopeful.

You dropped a nerf hammer on them mid hope while attempting to build up good will.

You're only as strong as the weakest link has never been more true, I don't support attacking any individuals, but its clear the balancing team is doing more harm then good atm. Changes should be made, not calling for jobs here just structural changes/decision changes.

The base will accept a good balance, all the majority of us want are classes with unique identities that our individual skill level can put us on equal terms with other classes in respective areas. We get some classes will be better at certain things.

Instead of working towards that goal here with the players, a majority instead feels like change was made for the sake of change without a large understanding of how it all works together.

The backlash is deserved, its a shame it washes away so much done correctly communication wise. This regardless of what internal reasons exist only brings you ill will.

Best thing you can do is show you're listening and do something about. Worst thing you can do is try to dismiss or sweep it under the rug, only building up resentment which is what causes these sorts of backlashes.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

Can I just kindly ask for my account to be banned from the game? I don't want to play anymore if the devs are going to treat the player base like this. It's not even just one class. Both classes I play are getting ruined. And I don't even play a lick of ele and I feel bad for them reading this. Same for mesmer. And don't get me started on warrior.

I main ranger and thief only, and both are dreadful outlooks.

I spent just shy of a thousand dollars on this game over the past year - by no means "a big whale" - but certainly more than the average player. I thought after EoD the outlook was pretty good, alliances was on the way, and a big rework was on the horizon for the summer. 

The big rework turns out to be a big joke. I'm done with this game, and you're lucky my purchases are long enough ago that I cannot chargeback them any more.

Edited by Nighthawk.2401
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 6

as bad as most of the changes are
what mostly bugs me is the fact, that by removing all the unique buffs every class will feel kinda the same, theres nothing special to them
"bring the player, not the class" is such a stupid motto in my opinion, because it is incredibly easy in this game to get a lot of classes, and to get a lot of classes geared
if you want to buff power classes to get their crit up, just add 10% to the base crit and then be done with it, keeping the unique buffs should be fine then, even if they dont provide much realistically, because over 100% crit chance is useless, they at least would FEEL like they make my class unique

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Tibuss.4527 said:

what mostly bugs me is the fact, that by removing all the unique buffs every class will feel kinda the same, theres nothing special to them

oh, but there is something special. Different classes have different "requirements" to perform. If you want to deal 40k dps by pressing 2 buttons - sure u can (necro/guard/mesmer). Or you can push 15+buttons in a very special order within a tight timeframe to do 38k (hi ele). That is the magic of gw2 balancing. 

Edited by soulknight.9620
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, Tibuss.4527 said:

People were complaining a lot about unique buff ruining the game by creating a power creep and the need to find a ranger with spotter and spirit, a revenant with assassin's presence and a warrior with banners.
They finally remove those and now everyone complaing about it.
Seems like whatever they do people are gonna complain anyways.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Liorenath.5098 said:

People were complaining a lot about unique buff ruining the game by creating a power creep and the need to find a ranger with spotter and spirit, a revenant with assassin's presence and a warrior with banners.
They finally remove those and now everyone complaing about it.
Seems like whatever they do people are gonna complain anyways.

i get that very much, and it was a problem surely, but why cant they just keep them in and still buff the crit chance for everyone? that was no uniqueness is lost, and you dont really need those classes since you can get 100% crit already

1 minute ago, Tibuss.4527 said:

i get that very much, and it was a problem surely, but why cant they just keep them in and still buff the crit chance for everyone? that was no uniqueness is lost, and you dont really need those classes since you can get 100% crit already

You definitely needed banners and spotter for warrior at least, because critcapping as a warrior was not as easy as other classes.
I think the removal of unique buff is ok, finally benchmarks won't be that inflated because realistically in a pug group I NEVER found someone with spotter or assassin presence or a warrior with empower allies (that would be me)
Taking empower allies as a warrior meant losing like half your dps and NOBODY was taking it, but it still was used in benchmarks.
Also they hit some of the highest damages condi build, while trying to buff power builds a bit.
They probably went too hard on catalyst but that's something they can fix later.
They added more variety in the support department for all classes, so now the only problem is making them relevant compared to the op firebrand and heal mechanist that are dominating right now.

For me the removal of eny external source of precision will make critcapping my warrior harder, but when I do, I know that everything that comes from other classes will be just more dps and not stupid critchance.
I was scared to from the changes as well, but all that backlash made me hate the community more than the developers.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Liorenath.5098 said:

I think the removal of unique buff is ok, finally benchmarks won't be that inflated because realistically in a pug group I NEVER found someone with spotter or assassin presence or a warrior with empower allies (that would be me)

so basically not removing the buffs would be fine, because you wouldnt have a perfect setup 99% of the time anyways

9 minutes ago, Tibuss.4527 said:

so basically not removing the buffs would be fine, because you wouldnt have a perfect setup 99% of the time anyways

nope that was very mindboggling to me at least, I had literally the perfect build achieving 100% crit, but it never happened to have spotter in my group, and not critting even once, makes the berserker rotation feel a lot sloppier.
Trust me on that.
I could've just overcapped but my OCD was blocking me.