Game Update Notes Preview: Profession Skills

Rubi Bayer.8493

19 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

if ur saying no, u prolly havent tried alot of the MMORPGS on the market currently.

this patch. iks basically every patch in WoW :P, the good remain good. the bad remain bad.. "balancing" is so minor it never changes anything just continously saying "how they want to make "bad choices" feel alittle bit better"

im sorry, but this is pretty standard mmorpg balancing. u read WoW forums, every patch full of negativity, you watch ESO patchs full of negativity, FFXIV is about the happiest i've seen aptch launchs be, but even then they've had their moments (I.E Bards and summoners during Shadowbringers launch.)

but FFXIV, has 0 Customization. 0 Options a Set in stone set up for every class + bnasically 0 PvP and no balancing towards it.

runescape polls ideas that the devs think of so they know what to add or take away

Guys, stop saying that condi virtuoso is dead. Use your brain please. You gained 5% additional crit and 5% from fury so you never have to worry about precision again or use different bufffood. You NEVER had spotter and banner lately in squads. The only thing you lost is bleed on F2. Get real.

Now back to topic:

Why did you kill inspi support chrono completely? Why do they have to choose between alac and quickness? I can trash all my 100% boon duration and minstrel stuff now. Inspi chrono was already after the SoI nerf.

Herald needs 2s quickness on consumption at least, better 2,5s. Please consider increasing this. It does no damage anyway.

Cata changes (sphere trait) shouldnt decrease your damage.

Heal necro buffs are kind of meaningless  I guess.

Spirit changes are good for druid. The grace of the land nerf on the other hand...

Alac is good for heal tempest.

Not much to say about guardian, no nerfs to support.

Mech buffs???? Some confusion nerfs. I would say overall buffs, for whatever reason.

Bladesworn buffs... yay. 

The biggest looser is probably still warrior in this patch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, VexOQ.2836 said:

Shortsighted in a raid environment or most pve yes. But not really for pvp.

In PvE other classes now have the chance to opt out of boon appliance. In PvP you can now be mobile as 5man. Also, the interaction of its resurrection and kill blow is yet unclear. It can certainly apply to everytime you ram it back into the ground

You'll pulse one boon with an empty weapon bar if you do that.

• Like 2

No bug fixes for Vindicator dodge outright not doing damage/applying buff or being able to be CC'd out of dodge. No changes to Vindicator support to make it competitive with current top supports. Ventari rework and Herald getting quickness are nice changes I've been wanting for a while, but quick duration seems it might be too low to be able to provide 100% uptime. We'll see when it goes live, but I am doubtful.

• Like 2

You forgot to improve the power option for power virtuoso, which still has to go crit/bleed route just to generate enough blades.  Overhaul "Infinite Forge" grandmaster trait. Make it instead add 1 ammo skill to every Bladesong F1 - F2 - F3 - F4, and make it increase the maximum blade cap by 1 (6 total).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rsegames.3916 said:

Let's see if i should return to play GW2 with this patch...

*Reads actual proof of complete incompetence in game design*

Aaah, so glad with steam summer sale right now! If you are playing warrior, have a happy masochism section, i'm gonna still just be watching from far away! 

Oh thanks for reminding me about that! time to play some other games for the next good while 🙂 Love steam sales! Especially when GW2 is at a low such as this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After the hype of the post from the other day this is extremely disappointing, especially as a druid player. Feels like druid actually got nerfed? And spirits only got a cursory rework so it sounds like they're gonna remain ultra clunky, with nature spirit ignored and its resurrection functionality basically useless given that it takes over 3 seconds to go off. And One Wolf Pack got nerfed so hard you basically deleted the skill.

Edited by Poobah.6254
  • Like 9

I know that this is final and the group is already committed to imposing these changes.  But I would think and hope that the input of the community should have some sort of weight.  I hope the balance team reviews the comments.  We know you guys are trying.  We know you have a hard job.  But this is the first patch where I have seen basically a 100% dissatisfaction with the direction chosen.  I do understand that most comments will always be critical, but usually the balance is 3-2 in favor of critical responses.  Not 99-1.  This patch will do little more than cause massive problems for most of the classes effected. 

I would recommend canceling the patch until after a rework.  On the whole, this is going to massively damage the game.  It will also render some professions nearly useless in the endgame. 

I do not think that is your intent. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Does it seem like Engineer, Guardian, and Necro got pretty well buffed without having to pay for it ... while others have to pay tradeoffs? That's my initial impression from reading through this and that doesn't make sense to me given that those 3 classes are already doing quite well in all game modes ... dominating even.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Seremela the Elf Mage.1748 said:

Death Perception: This trait now gives 10% critical chance, regardless of whether the necromancer is in shroud (currently it's a 33% crit chance increase while in shroud). This trait now increases critical damage by 15% instead of increasing ferocity (300) while in shroud. Honestly, not happy about this. This is a straight nerf. This trait is what let you autocrit in shroud with fury and full berserker gear (lets face it, you want to be in shroud as much as possible). Now in the same gear set up you'll be looking at 60% crit rate base, 85% with fury, so Reaper might need a couple assassin pieces now (especially with spotter change deletion), further lowering damage to get the same results. to add insult to injury 300 ferocity is about 20% crit damage increase so "increasing crit damage by 15% instead" is actually a 5% crit damage NERF. Because reaper (or power necro in general) needs MORE nerfs because it doesn't already hilariously underperform compared to its condi variants (scourge/harbinger) already while being MORE needy with its shroud hp reliance to dish out damage and not being able to be healed in shroud. It was already the most underperforming dps (condi or power) that didn't bring a buff for the party (literally provides nothing) and now it will do even less damage. Awesome job "balance" team! (/s if you couldn't tell)

It's actually not as bad as it seems. There seems to be some widespread misunderstanding of the difference between Ferocity increases and increases to Critical Damage.

Pure Strike, a trait from Warrior's Spellbreaker elite spec, increases Critical Damage multiplicatively to Ferocity, making it much stronger than a seemingly equivalent amount of Ferocity. So far, all direct increases to critical damage works the same way. It's very likely it'll work this way with this new trait value as well.

So, for example, if you had 200% crit damage from Ferocity without this trait before, you'd have had 230% crit damage from Ferocity with it. After the change, you will instead have (2.00 * 1.15 = 2.30) 230% crit damage. If you have more than 200% crit damage from Ferocity, this change buffs your critical damage - having 210% crit damage from Ferocity will cause the trait to grant you a total of 245% crit damage, 5% more than the old trait. If you have less than 200% crit damage from Ferocity, this change nerfs your critical damage - having 195% crit damage from Ferocity will cause the trait to grant you a total of 218.5% crit damage, 6.5% less crit damage than the old trait. So, the crit damage portion of this change will actually be a significant buff for DPS builds.

The crit chance loss is harsh. It might now be higher DPS to take Decimate Defenses to cap on Crit and lose out on Soul Eater rather than use those couple of Assassin pieces, though I doubt it. Even when using a couple Assassin pieces, however... At a glance, I believe the increased critical damage from this trait will at least make up for the loss in Power from that.

Edited by Vandril.3490
Spelling
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

All Untamed received was like a 20% damage increase 2 skills.....

Power Vindicator, at a pitiful 35-36k DPS with a single dodge and zero utility, didn't receive a single buff despite being bound to melee with no range capacity.

We have waited since February for a balance patch, and there is barely any PvE spec balance in this. Condi Virtuoso and Specter still miles ahead alongside Guardian, with ranged capabilities.

Nobody wants to play Harbinger over Scourge because you become as squishy as an ele with none of the utility, barely a DPS edge over scourge, and being tied to melee for a shotgun skill.

Necromancer shroud gutted in survivability in PvE. Reaper Shroud gets one shotted by a Soo Won swipe, while Specter loses half a bar only. Specter can tank 2 sniper shots in Kaineng Overlook CM. Reaper can't even tank a single shot in shroud without taking significant damage.

This balance patch is a sad joke.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Heisen.2315 said:

And so the Warrior profession was killed, not even 100% Quickness uptime, what the kitten.

Hmm you dont even know how often and big the puls time of banners are when it comes to boons. The only reasons why i dont like this Patch are: why not remove the banner traitline complete and made the 50% more effective just standart. So you would have a place to buff warriors precision/power instead. Now you are used to use a traitline that let you do 3% more dps to enemys with boons lmao. And why the heck a plus 5%precision in arms a condi traitline when you said it will be ezy to use for Power builds. You could have comb it better with a new traitskill that push dmg and precision as said above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catilena.8729 said:

Except we're trading Quickness for Fury, and if we want our quick back we have to pay 10% dps.

which is better design than just having the top 2 boon available baseline in any build you can make with the spec lol. Not making this change would have made catalyst the only spec in the game which is able to pulse quickness without specing into it

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2