Nice Mesmer Changes * sarcasm*

Moody Soul.5617

20 minutes ago, NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

So virtuoso just lost their condi builds.

Power core trait nerfed to compensate for party fury.

Chrono lost what little alacrity they have left, now will be <100% even if you specifically build for it over quickness. Narrowing it down to quickness only.

You're telling me this is a buff?

For condi virtuoso

lose:

In every 17 sec (bladesong sorrow CD * 0.85), 5 stacks bleeding (10 sec each assume max expertise) + 1 blade (from 5 stacks bleeding).

Should be slightly more if consider signet of illusions, but the CD is 60 sec.

gain:

10% precision boost = 210 points, which can be tuned to condition damage.

So I don't think there would be much difference for condi virt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

One of the things that I don't like about the chrono well changes is that ranged quick/alac isn't possible anymore. This is a small issue, but when I tank in raids, I like to put my wells on the party, especially in fights like QtP where it is not realistic for me to be in melee range of the party.

The quickness and alacrity traits shouldn't be tied to shield 5, because this will kill build diversity for boon supports. What I would have done is to make the boon share mechanic based on a different action. For example in StM there could be a mechanic that makes you share some AoE quickness when a phantasm is turns into a clone in addition to shattering. An example for Stretched Time would be that it functions as an AoE Persistance of Memory and that phantasms spawn with alacrity. Something to make it different in terms of how boons are shared rather than shatter for boons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xareo.2596 said:

For condi virtuoso

lose:

In every 17 sec (bladesong sorrow CD * 0.85), 5 stacks bleeding (10 sec each assume max expertise) + 1 blade (from 5 stacks bleeding).

Should be slightly more if consider signet of illusions, but the CD is 60 sec.

gain:

10% precision boost = 210 points, which can be tuned to condition damage.

So I don't think there would be much difference for condi virt.

They nerfed it a little thru the various means.

No longer 100% uptime on fury on targets meeting conditions thus less consistent critical hits, thus less bleed procs...

In addition to... Less bleed procs.

Condition Virtuoso is all Bleed Procs, hard to speculate but this looks like an average of 8-10 ticks lost during max upkeep. In addition to less critical hits for the hybrid aspect. It could be way more bc of the rng aspect. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they put out a 3-4k less at high end. Effectively making the glass cannon virt lose its role and once again Mesmer being beta'd. 

Edited by Voyant.1327

Am I missing something?  It looks like Anet just completely killed quickness chrono.  Chrono now has only two sources of group quickness:  Tides of Time (5 seconds every 35 seconds) and Time Warp (5 seconds every 120 seconds).  Even with maximum boon duration, I don't see how this is going to maintain quickness, even with Continuum Split.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

My only hope at this point is that - this is not the full preview and they're saving the rest for when the update goes live.

And that, seeing other changes theese ones will make sense somehow?

Idk...

After thinking about it, what is missing in the patch notes is the change to rune of chronomancer. Would be odd the leave it like it is when they want that wells are for alacrity. Maybe we should not talk about it in the forums. Hopefully they will forget it as incompetent as they are and chrono still is the one class with alac and quickness 😛

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Am I missing something?  It looks like Anet just completely killed quickness chrono.  Chrono now has only two sources of group quickness:  Tides of Time (5 seconds every 35 seconds) and Time Warp (5 seconds every 120 seconds).  Even with maximum boon duration, I don't see how this is going to maintain quickness, even with Continuum Split.  

They indeed deleted 2 options (well of action and tides of time) but gave tides of time through the trait back. (Typical ANet balance) and yes, apparently without traits chrono now has basically 0 source for group quickness beside Time Warp. 

even if these changes get reverted or changed anet has shown their direction time and time again and i dont want it anymore. if i want to play mesmer ill play gw1. this patch is to be released on my birthday so as a gift to myself ill buy another mmo, Did you know that the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV has a free trial, and includes the entirety of A Realm Reborn AND the award-winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 with no restrictions on playtime? Sign up, and enjoy Eorzea today!

• Like 7

Not to come off as sensational but this is probably one of the worst patch notes I've read for GW2.

I'm trying to figure out what their goal is with these changes.  Quite frankly, Chrono on paper looks like hot garbage in all game modes and no functional changes to Virt that's hindering it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Senqu.8054 said:

After thinking about it, what is missing in the patch notes is the change to rune of chronomancer. Would be odd the leave it like it is when they want that wells are for alacrity. Maybe we should not talk about it in the forums. Hopefully they will forget it as incompetent as they are and chrono still is the one class with alac and quickness 😛

Honestly, constantly being blasted by poor decision after poor decision, nerf after nerf that make no sense, logic or anything beyond "Anet lol they cray cray" is really tiring. 

And each time they do it, it's making gameplay less and less fun because of how weak Mesmer feels doing even the simplest of content.

Idk, i'm just not having fun much anymore. It feels like Anet has some personal agenda or bias and they're taking it out on Mesmer, and i'm not sure i wanna take the abuse anymore.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

Where are people getting these details from?

Click on the profession forums and scroll down without clicking a profession - top thread about upcoming patch notes.

I was pretty disappointed with their last patch that had the signet of inspiration nerf to require an entire trait line just to give it to 5 people.. I'm not really enjoying my Chrono (commander build for WvW) much anymore as a result of that.. I'm wondering how these changes are going to impact the rest of it (outside of boon removal I mean).

I'm struggling to see the big picture. It would be ok if every couple of months but seems to slip back into massive hammer and then nothing for at least half a year.

As others have mentioned, feels like going round in circles - ie glamours -> wells...

But what about things like dagger skills having to manually rotate character to cast while stationary (when I think every other directional skill such as pistol 5 auto rotates character to face target while stationary).

It does appear like being satisfactory is based purely on golem test. But fun/flavour/uniqueness doesn't get much of a look in.

Edit - also senility as a name sounds meh, recall was cool.

And stretched time as a name is equally meh.

Edited by Curunen.8729
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Strider.7849 said:

Click on the profession forums and scroll down without clicking a profession - top thread about upcoming patch notes.

I was pretty disappointed with their last patch that had the signet of inspiration nerf to require an entire trait line just to give it to 5 people.. I'm not really enjoying my Chrono (commander build for WvW) much anymore as a result of that.. I'm wondering how these changes are going to impact the rest of it (outside of boon removal I mean).

Thanks i knew i was looking in the wrong spot ... omg they killed ranger even more lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Levetty.1279 said:

Yeah Ranger got absolutely murdered this patch. Its the only reason I'm not too bothered about the Chrono stuff, I'm distracted.

LOL the "balance" dev even admitted in twitter or Reddit that they know nothing about rangers and don't even play them.. Used wiki to deem these changes .. i'm mean wtf.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

LOL the "balance" dev even admitted in twitter that they know nothing about rangers and don't even play them.. Used wiki to deem these changes .. i'm mean wtf.

There's also a post on reddit where the dev says that they nerfed Catalyst and virtuoso based on golem numbers - something so removed from actual gameplay and obtainable for only q% of the playerbase.

The balance team is a joke and is doing a bad job.

How they have jobs still is beyond me.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

So virtuoso just lost their condi builds.

Power core trait nerfed to compensate for party fury.

Chrono lost what little alacrity they have left, now will be <100% even if you specifically build for it over quickness. Narrowing it down to quickness only.

You're telling me this is a buff?

Could you and all the other people who complain about virtuoso do me a favor?

Start thinking for once. Thanks.

First of all, this spec is OP and has borderline no skill ceiling, the cleave from this spec is immense, 1200 range. What did you loose? 5 bleeds from F2? WOW. You know what you gained? 10% extra crit chance with fury and a minor trait. So you never have to worry about crit chance anymore and can always play max damage food.

Who even had banners AND spotter as virtuoso lately? Having the former was/is already a luxury, especially in strike cms.

Jesus Christ.

• Confused 6

21 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

There's also a post on reddit where the dev says that they nerfed Catalyst and virtuoso based on golem numbers - something so removed from actual gameplay and obtainable for only q% of the playerbase.

The balance team is a joke and is doing a bad job.

How they have jobs still is beyond me.

They might not after all these leaks..

3 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

They might not after all these leaks..

I doubt that. Anet has a habit of sticking to their own even when they're proven wrong.

But I've seen people lose their jobs for less.

This is just blatant favoritism at display and it's alienating everyone who nit playing Firebrand or mechanist.

For such a hard blow to companies image i really have to wonder if those people are still going to be doing balancing next month...

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 1

Just now, Veprovina.4876 said:

I doubt that. Anet has a habit of sticking to their own even when they're proven wrong.

But I've seen people lose their jobs for less.

This is just blatant favoritism at display and it's alienating everyone who nit playing Firebrand or mechanist.

For such a hard blow to companies image i really have to wonder if those people are still going to be doing balancing next month...

Yeah.. well it was obvious it was happening for ages at least to myself, but at least now we have confirmation..

• Like 3

Expected real rework of wells to be more open to mobile squad. Got standard 'slap a boon here, cut boon there and call it a day'. This patch just shows how out of touch the balance 'team' is - seriously a well that grant superspeed on final pulse? Like literally if I want superspeed i need it now.

• Like 4