༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ UNSUMMON PATCH NOTES ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

Lan Deathrider.5910

3 hours ago, LunieL.1738 said:

I'm kinda new at the forum and didn't think warrior community is THAT toxic. 

many people here have been miserable for so long that they only want others to be miserable aswell. It's sad actually that power mechanist got nerfed so quickly again. But the ways of anet balancing are unfathomable.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ferus.3165 said:

Noone will take FB for it's dps anymore because the patch nerfed cFB significantly. Aegis on firebrand is mostly a thing of the past because the mantra has no aegis anymore and advance has 30 cd for a single aegis application. Oh yeah and fb still has group stab on demand, but noone would even look at fb anymore if it were not for the quickness generation. That is literally the only thing guard has going for it right now.

Poor guard, can only fit the quickness role as the best fit ;(

AND is meta in EVERY SINGLE GAMEMODE.

Poor fb not being "top" dps now I will weep. War dps (bladesworn, apparently) is better than guard dps in raids wohoooooo. I will now finally play it in fractals (cause I couldnt care less for raids) and will wait 10 min longer compared to getting in a group as hfb/qcfb.

I will also go sidenode in conquest and flip camps in wvw, my oh my the possibilities are ENDLESS.

Players complain about blue child cause its strong everywhere. What do I care if cfb got a slap on the wrist and raid guilds will ONLY NOW replace it as dps?

bUT blAdeSWorN

This is no circlejerk this is a normal reaction of players who want more builds and professions to WORK.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Poor guard, can only fit the quickness role as the best fit ;(

AND is meta in EVERY SINGLE GAMEMODE.

Poor fb not being "top" dps now I will weep. War dps (bladesworn, apparently) is better than guard dps in raids wohoooooo. I will now finally play it in fractals (cause I couldnt care less for raids) and will wait 10 min longer compared to getting in a group as hfb/qcfb.

I will also go sidenode in conquest and flip camps in wvw, my oh my the possibilities are ENDLESS.

Players complain about blue child cause its strong everywhere. What do I care if cfb got a slap on the wrist and raid guilds will ONLY NOW replace it as dps?

bUT blAdeSWorN

This is no circlejerk this is a normal reaction of players who want more builds and professions to WORK.

The circlejerk is a reaction of miserable players wanting others to be as miserable as they are. Warrior was meta until banners got removed. And that happened because banners were the only thing holding the mediocre warrior dps class together. The same goes for quickness and firebrand now. And the other two specs guardian has are already forgotten. I understand that it is hard for you to face reality and change your views even when presented new evidence. Or you could simply gather your own information and playtest guardian. But you probably don't play guard and never even did and have no idea what you are talking about.

A normal reaction would be to try and convince anet that what they did to warrior was a mistake. Trying to get anet to take away what other classes have is just sad bahavior (and even worse when what you say other classes have is not even true) and shows that you don't care about this game at all. You just want to be mad and lash out and spout random phrases that are for the most part not true or mean nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Ferus.3165 said:

Or you could simply gather your own information and playtest guardian. But you probably don't play guard and never even did and have no idea what you are talking about.

A normal reaction would be to try and convince anet that what they did to warrior was a mistake.

War and guard is actually what I play the most.

Last time I checked I had ~2250 hours on guard, almost all of it spent as hfb in wvw (mostly zerg fights, some guild roaming) and fractals (always pugs, no CMs). The only reason I didn't play guard in conquest is, I couldn't bring myself to play guard support in yet another mode. Especially with the classic "can anyone go on guard, we are missing a guard in some parties" from wvw discord for fights.

Add to this the wonderful experience of guard when you are not even playing one. E.g. losing in ranked conquest cause you have no support guard on your team, or stomping the opponent team cause they don't have one. Wont even comment on the blink, blink, blink, blink wb in conquest since eod drop.

And ofc being told "but war is meta in pve/wvw" when you ask for war buffs (underline asking for buffs and not asking for nerfs in other professions). Now that its not, being told "BUT BLADESWORN DPS/SIDENODE". Who even cares at this point. The "normal reaction" has had tons of threads in the war and spvp subforums, nothing of war has changed for the better.

Everywhere I went for the last 2 years it was guard, necro, guard, necro, guard, necro, guard, necro. Eod added some engis and mesmers, good for mesmers honestly. And apparently  the necro spec is so obnoxious, tempest support has become meta in spvp. The support engi trend was already visible in wvw for some time now, someone is clearly interested in making one build being able to compete with guard support. "Good" (there are already complaints that its everywhere). Maybe you are a raid player in the top of the top guilds, where you either do top dps or you get kicked, and for you everything has changed; good for you.

Guard has almost everything (by far the most common complaint), all boons (now also alac even if not amazing), highest party stab uptime (where most have none), most aegis, reflects, cleanses, decent group resistance on fb. Its by far the biggest support toolbox, at least until engi gets even more buffs. Making other professions have this much will turn the game into an even bigger clown fiesta. But you do you. And ofc keep telling players they are clueless, cause you're quoting raid dps benchmarks (I know, I know, all that matters in the game right now).

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Sub par dps**. 

It'd be a start if we were actually competitive with other speccs dps in a live fight consistently. 

Let's not forget even condi untamed has found a build achieving 40k dps now 

Even if Untamed can pull that now, the spec is so unfun to play and requires 4 arms and a leg on your keyboard and mouse. I couldn't imagine doing that outside of a standing still Golem either, most likely need an entire League of Legends team playing the one character at that point. 

Just like with Warrior, and how "Bladesworn" the only dps build of our 4 dps spec choices. Main warrior, Berserker, Spellbreaker, now Bladesworn, all 4 specs trying to do the same thing only the latest and most boring one does the highest while still offering less then most/all other classes. They gave us quickness but put it on a mechanic they also killed at the same time. No Warrior should be using Banners right now. Which means all that patch really did, was remove warriors from play. 

It already was the class you played this game with, to purposely play with a handicap as the game is on hard mode. They really didn't need to make the situation worse, but they have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mesket.5728 said:

Same, been away since eod beta2. Forums are just better toilet reading than ig

Same here now, kinda makes me wish I didn't come back during the hype around everyone else coming back to the game. Can tell all its going to take is a new mmo that is actually good to come out for most people who returned, to leave. 

Yet alone with Anet trying to make everyone quit. Least the forums are still content! 

Edited by Gorem.8104
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Even if Untamed can pull that now, the spec is so unfun to play and requires 4 arms and a leg on your keyboard and mouse. I couldn't imagine doing that outside of a standing still Golem either, most likely need an entire League of Legends team playing the one character at that point. 

Just like with Warrior, and how "Bladesworn" the only dps build of our 4 dps spec choices. Main warrior, Berserker, Spellbreaker, now Bladesworn, all 4 specs trying to do the same thing only the latest and most boring one does the highest while still offering less then most/all other classes. They gave us quickness but put it on a mechanic they also killed at the same time. No Warrior should be using Banners right now. Which means all that patch really did, was remove warriors from play. 

It already was the class you played this game with, to purposely play with a handicap as the game is on hard mode. They really didn't need to make the situation worse, but they have. 

That's ok! I've never used banners to begin with! Let me spell out CLEARLY for non-warriors that visit these forums and think that they know things: warriors use banners because they have to. Period. We hate using them. We've ALWAYS hated it. We hate the mechanics behind them.

Examples. pvp and wvw. No warrior is going to sit there and carry banners from capture point to capture point. Squad to squad. IT'S. NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. IT. IS. IMPRACTICAL. IT. IS. A. DISTRACTION.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ahem...

I've been here reading everything, though apparently turning a 4 letter word into a shorter 3 letter word on a day when emotions were running high, both here and at Anet, drew the ire of a moderator. @CalmTheStorm.2364, @Gorem.8104, @Grand Marshal.4098 thanks for being worried. @Starbreaker.6507, thanks for letting them know, that EoD meta was close wasn't it? What a week to be muted...

And what a week it was. First, all our fears of Anet's approach to balance was confirmed, then the balance patch handled banners the exact way we all feared showing such an utter lack of caring on the balance teams part, coupled with Engi getting the pew-pew from the balance gods to pew everything down because the balance lead just so happens to really like Mechanist (which is fine, I'm not going to begrudge someone having fun on their preferred class, but by Lyssa's Double Booty please play the other specs as well if you are on the balance team!)

WOW!

For the record Engi rifle did suck and needed buffs. I won't begrudge the engis their fun. I played that with my Mechanist this weekend, and my god that was some of the most fun I've had in GW2 ever. The problem is that they aren't even handed with such things. Engi got a supper fun rework to their very underperforming core power weapon, and warrior got...

And empty skill bar when picking up banners.

It's been called a cruel joke. And it is. The guy on Reddit posting a medieval monk's artwork of Tyria posted the warrior during this week. It was a naked Fool complete with a fool's hat carrying the banner of discipline. Needless to say Reddit removed the post. But that Reddit post was right.

Warrior has become the fool of Anet this week.

To the balance team's credit (or maybe just Grouch's?) they want to make things right. They are going to go back over Banners for the August 2nd patch.

Do I have faith? Some. I think somebody had a "Come to Jesus" talk with the balance team. I don't know if there is enough time though with what little they have. The path of least resistance may just be bringing back the old bundle skills for now and making parts of them different. Things like the Rally skill giving  quickness as well as the initial summon. Things like increasing the AA chain's damages (to a LI build level of DPS) while  giving  things thematic to the banner on the AA (heal for tactics, barrier for defense, weakness for discipline, burn for strength, and stability (?) for the elite). Plant Standard could also pulse quickness again.

Meanwhile, I've seen the warrior forums come alive in a way I have not seen in a long time with some extremely constructive and helpful feedback for the devs. I've seen numerous ideas for how Tactics, Banners, and quickness can all be made to work for warrior, and they've all been good.

What they gave us for banners was the scaffolding of a rework. If they even once came to the warrior forums and shared their ideas with us, any one of the denizens of this subforum could have told them it was a bad idea and dead on arrival and saved them an immense amount of heartache. That is one lesson I hope they learned from this. They're going to be posting balance notes WELL in advance from now on, so do not be shy in your feedbacks then.

One silver lining to all this is that I think it ripped the scab off and exposed how bad warrior has gotten in all game modes. Bladesworn is currently propped up to keep it going, but when the shininess of EoD wears off and it gets 'balanced' all the mechanical problems of it will become apparent to even the non mains.

Anet should focus on Banners and Tactics until August 2nd to make right the mistake of a balance patch they released on the 28th. Give them that time and keep giving vocal feedback about those things.

And yet that is not all that is dragging warrior down, and they need to not be allowed to forget that. Teapot mentioned it on one of his streams this week that perhaps it is time to turn Spellbreaker into a true support spec. I think he is right, but not as a quickness role. I'll share a more in depth post on my overall feedback on Banners and Tactics along with nudges for other things to align with potential support roles later. Until then, have a Happy 4th of July to the USA crowd, and happy Saturday to the non USA crowd.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Ahem...

I've been here reading everything, though apparently turning a 4 letter word into a shorter 3 letter word on a day when emotions were running high, both here and at Anet, drew the ire of a moderator. @CalmTheStorm.2364, @Gorem.8104, @Grand Marshal.4098 thanks for being worried. @Starbreaker.6507, thanks for letting them know, that EoD meta was close wasn't it? What a week to be muted...

And what a week it was. First, all our fears of Anet's approach to balance was confirmed, then the balance patch handled banners the exact way we all feared showing such an utter lack of caring on the balance teams part, coupled with Engi getting the pew-pew from the balance gods to pew everything down because the balance lead just so happens to really like Mechanist (which is fine, I'm not going to begrudge someone having fun on their preferred class, but by Lyssa's Double Booty please play the other specs as well if you are on the balance team!)

WOW!

For the record Engi rifle did suck and needed buffs. I won't begrudge the engis their fun. I played that with my Mechanist this weekend, and my god that was some of the most fun I've had in GW2 ever. The problem is that they aren't even handed with such things. Engi got a supper fun rework to their very underperforming core power weapon, and warrior got...

It's been called a cruel joke. And it is. The guy on Reddit posting a medieval monk's artwork of Tyria posted the warrior during this week. It was a naked Fool complete with a fool's hat carrying the banner of discipline. Needless to say Reddit removed the post. But that Reddit post was right.

To the balance team's credit (or maybe just Grouch's?) they want to make things right. They are going to go back over Banners for the August 2nd patch.

Do I have faith? Some. I think somebody had a "Come to Jesus" talk with the balance team. I don't know if there is enough time though with what little they have. The path of least resistance may just be bringing back the old bundle skills for now and making parts of them different. Things like the Rally skill giving  quickness as well as the initial summon. Things like increasing the AA chain's damages (to a LI build level of DPS) while  giving  things thematic to the banner on the AA (heal for tactics, barrier for defense, weakness for discipline, burn for strength, and stability (?) for the elite). Plant Standard could also pulse quickness again.

Meanwhile, I've seen the warrior forums come alive in a way I have not seen in a long time with some extremely constructive and helpful feedback for the devs. I've seen numerous ideas for how Tactics, Banners, and quickness can all be made to work for warrior, and they've all been good.

What they gave us for banners was the scaffolding of a rework. If they even once came to the warrior forums and shared their ideas with us, any one of the denizens of this subforum could have told them it was a bad idea and dead on arrival and saved them an immense amount of heartache. That is one lesson I hope they learned from this. They're going to be posting balance notes WELL in advance from now on, so do not be shy in your feedbacks then.

One silver lining to all this is that I think it ripped the scab off and exposed how bad warrior has gotten in all game modes. Bladesworn is currently propped up to keep it going, but when the shininess of EoD wears off and it gets 'balanced' all the mechanical problems of it will become apparent to even the non mains.

Anet should focus on Banners and Tactics until August 2nd to make right the mistake of a balance patch they released on the 28th. Give them that time and keep giving vocal feedback about those things.

And yet that is not all that is dragging warrior down, and they need to not be allowed to forget that. Teapot mentioned it on one of his streams this week that perhaps it is time to turn Spellbreaker into a true support spec. I think he is right, but not as a quickness role. I'll share a more in depth post on my overall feedback on Banners and Tactics along with nudges for other things to align with potential support roles later. Until then, have a Happy 4th of July to the USA crowd, and happy Saturday to the non USA crowd.

Welcome back, my friend! You have been missed!

I was afraid you had ridden off alone and unaided to confront Demandred Josh Davis at the ANet offices. I feel like I've read about that happening somewhere before... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Welcome back, my friend! You have been missed!

I was afraid you had ridden off alone and unaided to confront Demandred Josh Davis at the ANet offices. I feel like I've read about that happening somewhere before... 

HA! Thanks for getting my character's reference. My favorite book series.

I met Robert Jordan once at a book signing. Great day.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Ahem...

WOW!

I almost suffered the same fate that day! But I behaved and managed to pull through. I would not miss the chance to post stuff in here lmao!

In any case, good to have you back. Yeah there has been quite the show between disatisfaction and proper feedback. But the only reason feedback is even a thing, is because it existed before Grouch asked for it, they jsut ignored it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Ahem...

WOW!

Welcome back. As far as I know you're the most informed and dedicated poster on here.

And yes, it's been a week alright! The pitchforks are out and the emperor pretty much has no clothes. It is funny, once in a while, to hear people and non-warrior mains pretend that he still does by pushing bladesworn. I've basically gone as far as pulling my wallet away after this latest disaster. No expansion. No gem store. No nothing. (I still don't have EoD, by the way...)

To think that a boon/quickness warrior could be shoe-horned by gutting the warhorn, traits and turning banners into...this...

3 seconds of quickness on a 60 second cooldown that only pulses 1 second boons that you still have to CARRY. THIS was "supposedly" our (snicker) big "gift". More like a lump of coal. The cherry on top, of course, was the infamous "oopsie" that transpired lmao! As far as I'm concerned, every single warrior is perfectly justified in keeping the pitchforks out, regardless of others' opinions.

I've also pretty much declared war on all these "content creators" who've been wrong in the past and who Anet still listens to. Teapot, there, is a small example. Spellbreaker support? No. Spellbreaker should do what it was meant to do (strip boons). It would've been a viable counter to all this boon-vomit that we see today. If it was nurtured, that is. Alas, it wasn't. People....(again)...complained that spellbreaker was too "oppressive".

As far as Feedback(TM) goes: meh...whatever. There's no shortage of it. It's there. The question is, is it even LOOKED at? But whatever, I'll bite:

Banners should be mechanically changed to function as either kits(a la engi) or like shouts with a simple animation. Each banner generates a generous amount of boons(stability as baseline) and a little bit of CC. There...that's a start.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Welcome back. As far as I know you're the most informed and dedicated poster on here.

And yes, it's been a week alright! The pitchforks are out and the emperor pretty much has no clothes. It is funny, once in a while, to hear people and non-warrior mains pretend that he still does by pushing bladesworn. I've basically gone as far as pulling my wallet away after this latest disaster. No expansion. No gem store. No nothing. (I still don't have EoD, by the way...)

To think that a boon/quickness warrior could be shoe-horned by gutting the warhorn, traits and turning banners into...this...

3 seconds of quickness on a 60 second cooldown that only pulses 1 second boons that you still have to CARRY. THIS was "supposedly" our (snicker) big "gift". More like a lump of coal. The cherry on top, of course, was the infamous "oopsie" that transpired lmao! As far as I'm concerned, every single warrior is perfectly justified in keeping the pitchforks out, regardless of others' opinions.

I've also pretty much declared war on all these "content creators" who've been wrong in the past and who Anet still listens to. Teapot, there, is a small example. Spellbreaker support? No. Spellbreaker should do what it was meant to do (strip boons). It would've been a viable counter to all this boon-vomit that we see today. If it was nurtured, that is. Alas, it wasn't. People....(again)...complained that spellbreaker was too "oppressive".

As far as Feedback(TM) goes: meh...whatever. There's no shortage of it. It's there. The question is, is it even LOOKED at? But whatever, I'll bite:

Banners should be mechanically changed to function as either kits(a la engi) or like shouts with a simple animation. Each banner generates a generous amount of boons(stability as baseline) and a little bit of CC. There...that's a start.

The thing is, in regards to Spellbreaker support, I can see that happening VERY easily with the existing traits.

Make Guard Counter and and Revenge Counter grant their boons in an AoE and change Dispelling Force to grant boons ripped to allies  in the area. That coupled with a properly tuned Tactics would be a very good support. Especially if a Meditations trait were added to cause those skills to grant certain boons to allies in the area as well.

• Like 2

@Lan Deathrider.5910 Welcome back master of All warrior forum thraits!

Tho i would not want them to Touch spellbraker. This class is to fun to play in pvp actually. Would be sad to get the last fun to play build in pvp removed 😢. How ever why not made the bladesworn rework as a supporter? By made the Master traitline share its heal+boon on 5 peops. And let it gain its stability also up to 5 targeds when he goes into DT. 

Like they could made that class ezily a supp/dps spec if they would want to. With semi good heal/good dps/boon share (maybe they would have to reduce it here a little but idk maybe not since you would play on other stats)

Edited by Pati.2438
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pati.2438 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 Welcome back master of All warrior forum thraits!

Tho i would not want them to Touch spellbraker. This class is to fun to play in pvp actually. Would be sad to get the last fun to play build in pvp removed 😢. How ever why not made the bladesworn rework as a supporter? By made the Master traitline share its heal+boon on 5 peops. And let it gain its stability also up to 5 targeds when he goes into DT. 

Like they could made that class ezily a supp/dps spec if they would want to. With semi good heal/good dps/boon share (maybe they would have to reduce it here a little but idk maybe not since you would play on other stats)

Who said anything about removed? I think you can turn SpB into a support by making Guard+Revenge Counter AoE Boon applications ( along with some resolution and regen thrown in there each) then make Dispelling Force give boons that you rip to allies in the area. That in no way diminishes any current PvP build for SpB.

• Like 2

@Lan Deathrider.5910 fair point. Tho spell is actually pretty decent when it comes to pvp support. Like for real i got a secret verson of spell support for pvp. If you play against something like 2 supp guardians it would be like garanty win cause you could remove every boon from enemys all 35 secs xd. To say the least its allready strong enough but also see no play cause its just spam viesta gameplay xd.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Ahem...

i see they got to you too, they got to me as well, and many others.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I've been here reading everything, though apparently turning a 4 letter word into a shorter 3 letter word on a day when emotions were running high, both here and at Anet, drew the ire of a moderator.

I similarly got sent to the sin bin, merely for thanking someone for reminding me to block them. Like literally seconds after I posted it.

Some posters are favoured.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I similarly got sent to the sin bin, merely for thanking someone for reminding me to block them. Like literally seconds after I posted it.

Some posters are favoured.

Mods were in a frenzy last Saturday, but that is understandable considering the events that weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The thing is, in regards to Spellbreaker support, I can see that happening VERY easily with the existing traits.

Make Guard Counter and and Revenge Counter grant their boons in an AoE and change Dispelling Force to grant boons ripped to allies  in the area. That coupled with a properly tuned Tactics would be a very good support. Especially if a Meditations trait were added to cause those skills to grant certain boons to allies in the area as well.

True, that's a good point. Still though, it completely negates and defeats the point of spellbreaker though, that is: breaking spells! (boons) Instead, it's a "spell giver"! I, and many others, prefer it as the smash-mouth melee spec it still is. Spellbreaker is a finely designed spec, in my opinion. Just rework it to what it was originally meant to do (stripping boons).

Edited by JTGuevara.9018
add

1 hour ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

True, that's a good point. Still though, it completely negates and defeats the point of spellbreaker though, that is: breaking spells! (boons) Instead, it's a "spell giver"! I, and many others, prefer it as the smash-mouth melee spec it still is. Spellbreaker is a finely designed spec, in my opinion. Just rework it to what it was originally meant to do (stripping boons).

Yeah, the boon rip needs to be increased. But the theme of spellbreaker is all about counters and turning magics against their casters, so 'stealing' boons that you rip and granting them to your party is still in line with that. It is a mesmer like thing, but the devs are also on record saying that spellbreaker is their version of a war/mes dual class from GW1, so it fits.

For PvP, it is a well designed spec. But it is starting to lag behind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Ahem...

WOW!

*Salute* o7 Weba.

Objectively correct post. Perhaps the fact that warrior's hemorrhaging in all three spheres of play now, rather than just the two that nobody who whales gems cares about, will get warriors some kind of attention adjacent to proper balance. 

I won't say I hope for that because Anet goes out of their way to dash that hope to bits when they smell it, but it would likely be good for their revenue to address it. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 2:59 PM, eyestrain.3056 said:

I'm not even a warrior main and this just feels cruel.

Good summary.

Warrior is my least played class and I only came in here to say that I found the patch notes  for them to be incomprehensible and appalling.

I think everyone was expecting the banners to pulse quickness. Clearly this must be a bug? Well...

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1