༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ UNSUMMON PATCH NOTES ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

Lan Deathrider.5910

@CalmTheStorm.2364 & @JTGuevara.9018 I copied that from the reddit thread of the same topic.

But yes, they buried banners and cemented over the grave.

Pre summoning Defense and blowing a CD on Adrenaline to spam Burst skills with Resistance up may be a niche tactic though. The BSW changes seem interesting, but I'll have to try them it. Increases the CD on Charge is the wrong decision to make. If they keep the CD at 15s, then between that, Martial Cadence, Empower Allies, FGJ, and SiO you could have a decent offense support setup with lots of condition cleansing. But they increased the CD on Charge so you can't perma quick that way for your party.

The boon changes on Strength and Discipline are laughable. WHY would you even run those with For Great Justice exists?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@CalmTheStorm.2364 & @JTGuevara.9018 I copied that from the reddit thread of the same topic.

Pre summoning Defense and blowing a CD on Adrenaline to spam Burst skills with Resistance up may be a niche tactic though. The BSW changes seem interesting, but I'll have to try them it. Increases the CD on Charge is the wrong decision to make. If they keep the CD at 15s, then between that, Martial Cadence, Empower Allies, FGJ, and SiO you could have a decent offense support setup with lots of condition cleansing. But they increased the CD on Charge so you can't perma quick that way for your party.

The boon changes on Strength and Discipline are laughable. WHY would you even run those with For Great Justice exists?

Because they think they'll fool us with the 2 seconds of quickness each banner gives when you deploy it.

• Sad 1

like to charge, comment to cast.

I'm not even a warrior main and this just feels cruel. Banner role kept warrior in the pve meta even in highest end groups because it could still run high dps while greatly supporting the rest of the team. This change means warrior will either have to spec heavily into support and ruin its dps, or completely forgo support to try and compete as a top dps class (which it basically never is in the high end meta, and will struggle even more with the removal of spotter). Pulsing some boons and not being able to spec into healing as well as boons at the same time means it's not going to compete as a meta support vs firebrand or qdps vs harb. So pve warrior loses all meta footing with this patch.
Now imagine trying to run banners in wvw. How many slots do you have to sacrifice to upkeep good quickness, and in exchange you get a few boons every few seconds, but you also have to be running around picking up and replacing your banners (which may or may not be a bundle with no skills- personally i think this would be hilarious. So go ahead and do that).
What on earth??

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yup, expected a shite sandwich and shite sandwich was indeed received!

Warhorn changes suck major assphalt. They not only increased the Charge cooldown, but also took away Martial Cadence's reduced recharge for warhorn. All for TWO seconds of quickness. Just absolute horse-manure.

Also, picking up banners is clunky enough, it also has a delay. If it's a bundle without any skills on the bar, I'm just going to laugh...Yeah, an empty bundle that pulses 1s boons with a pickup delay...that will get warriors to play banners! (snicker)

But I see what's being done here. They're pushing bladesworn hard at the expense of everything else. Buffs to shouts, buffs to bladesworn traits.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Yup, expected a shite sandwich and shite sandwich was indeed received!

Warhorn changes suck major assphalt. They not only increased the Charge cooldown, but also took away Martial Cadence's reduced recharge for warhorn. All for TWO seconds of quickness. Just absolute horse-manure.

Also, picking up banners is clunky enough, it also has a delay. If it's a bundle without any skills on the bar, I'm just going to laugh...Yeah, an empty bundle that pulses 1s boons with a pickup delay...that will get warriors to play banners! (snicker)

But I see what's being done here. They're pushing bladesworn hard at the expense of everything else. Buffs to shouts, buffs to bladesworn traits.

Yep. You can still burst with the bundle though so Defense may have a use in the end.

4 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

I figure that they probably didn’t do this because if they did it it would go down in history as the stupidest possible way to change the skills. So in other words I’m going to give anet the benefit of the doubt which is that when they say “additional skills” they mean that the banner doesn’t replace your weapon skills, so you can freely move around with your pulsing banner while doing DPS.

in my view they should get rid of the pickup ICD, and instead just give the banners different benefits of holding vs placing on the ground (like say pulsing out buffs while holding, and debuffs while on the ground or something) That way it’s not clunky, offers more variety and build possibilities, and can then be utilized in WvW and not be crappola

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684

2 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

I figure that they probably didn’t do this because if they did it it would go down in history as the stupidest possible way to change the skills. So in other words I’m going to give anet the benefit of the doubt which is that when they say “additional skills” they mean that the banner doesn’t replace your weapon skills, so you can freely move around with your pulsing banner while doing DPS.

Only if by picking them up they mount to your back.

17 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

I don't believe it. They wouldn't let you pulse resistance for one minute around yourself while allowing you to use your weapon skills. It probably locks your left side skills until you put it down.

There's no way they did that. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I don't believe it. They wouldn't let you pulse resistance for one minute around yourself while allowing you to use your weapon skills. It probably locks your left side skills until you put it down.

There's no way they did that. 

I think it's logical to assume that they did do it like this. The Guardian changes align with this philosophy also, where their signet abilities now pulse boons (Stability, Resistance and Protection) which to me i thought was insane and not the best design choice...but I think it's logical given their "standardization" philosophy here, that they will do the same kind of thing with warrior, but it's banners.

Overall, I think the patch has some good mechanical reworks, but in contrast, other deeply flawed changes like this whole standardization thing. I'll hold out my hope and place judgement after I've played the patch.

PS. If they do do it like how people think it is with just no skills on the skill bar, man...the endless memes there will be.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684

Thing is, the only thing that would make me okayish with the changes is that the banner deployment is 20+ seconds of quickness, and we all know that aint happening. Actually no, even that would be shite since it would cap, and then 40 seconds of no quickness.

The trait should at LEAST pulse permanent quickness when using multiple banners to justify this rework. And don't tell me that's op when harbinger/firebrand exist.

The thing is... aren't the other class already can give a lot of might/fury/quickness? Like what do you even need warrior's banner for?

I mean if we assume banner is useless now and not worth taking, at least we can go to the other utility but again our other utility kind of boring and bad?

EDIT: I wanna say more. So right now for PvE Warrior kind of forced to take disc, why?

Power Variant need those axe mastery (forget fast hand etc2)
Condi Variant need the ranged weapon mastery and the burst master for extra burst meter recover.

However right now the 2nd row where the banner trait exsit does really nothing for PvE (I am talking about the 5-10 man content)

First Trait: Double Standard, boon from banner increased by 50%, means nothing since we don't take banner anymore (see the above argument).

Second Trait: Destruction of the Empowered, extra 3% strike damage per boon on enemy, since when boss will get some boon for warrior to benefit this trait.

Third Trait: I think master brawler or something? I forgot the name but I remember the trait is remove 1 condition on weapon swap, surely this does nothing for PvE.

Edited by DKRathalos.9625
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DKRathalos.9625 said:

The thing is... aren't the other class already can give a lot of might/fury/quickness? Like what do you even need warrior's banner for?

I mean if we assume banner is useless now and not worth taking, at least we can go to the other utility but again our other utility kind of boring and bad?

EDIT: I wanna say more. So right now for PvE Warrior kind of forced to take disc, why?

Power Variant need those axe mastery (forget fast hand etc2)
Condi Variant need the ranged weapon mastery and the burst master for extra burst meter recover.

However right now the 2nd row where the banner trait exsit does really nothing for PvE (I am talking about the 5-10 man content)

First Trait: Double Standard, boon from banner increased by 50%, means nothing since we don't take banner anymore (see the above argument).

Second Trait: Destruction of the Empowered, extra 3% strike damage per boon on enemy, since when boss will get some boon for warrior to benefit this trait.

Third Trait: I think master brawler or something? I forgot the name but I remember the trait is remove 1 condition on weapon swap, surely this does nothing for PvE.

As Plankton would say it. 

C O R R E C T!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

I think it's logical to assume that they did do it like this. The Guardian changes align with this philosophy also, where their signet abilities now pulse boons (Stability, Resistance and Protection) which to me i thought was insane and not the best design choice...but I think it's logical given their "standardization" philosophy here, that they will do the same kind of thing with warrior, but it's banners.

Overall, I think the patch has some good mechanical reworks, but in contrast, other deeply flawed changes like this whole standardization thing. I'll hold out my hope and place judgement after I've played the patch.

PS. If they do do it like how people think it is with just no skills on the skill bar, man...the endless memes there will be.

If the weapon bar is indeed empty then there will be such righteous fury on this subforum.

• Thanks 1